How many TSVs per year is too many for a brand?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I don't think TSVs are worth tuning into, not just because of the lack of variety but also they way QVC present them now. The on air demonstration is only on a few minutes, then a few other items and them endless repeat demonstrations through the day, to the point where I have to turn them off. Also the fact that they disclose the TSVs days in advance. There used to be real excitement about them in the past, waiting to see what was coming, especially with things like Molton Brown at Christmas. They now put boring items on before and after, so there is no "hook" to keep viewers watching and buying.

i think the reason why the tsv's used to be good was they were often new lines to try now they are predictable and samey

Anything more than 1 a quarter are too many. Don't get too excited over TSV's anymore!

No more than 3 a year. How many no-no/Dyson/Kipling/Kim&Co/Yankee Candles TSVs have we had this year? Desperate times call for desperate measures by the looks of it.

I know there were at least e TSVs that never were this year: there was The Sak, a Clarks one, and there was a 2 piece top set from Liz Claibourne. All had to be replaced at the last minute by something else. One was a Gatineau 2 piece supersize tan accelerator & bodylotion, another was an Ultrasun set. I can't remember what the third stand-in was.

It was a shame, as The Sak don't often do a TSV, and neither does Liz Claibourne. It was a thwarted attempt at a little more variety...

............... does any one know which brand or brands hold the crown for the highest number of TSVs in a year?

It surely has got to be Elemis? They seem to have a TSV every few weeks. There was one about 6 weeks ago (end of July). There's one due on Saturday. And I'm pretty sure there will be another one coming up probably at the beginning to mid November or so for Christmas. So that averages out at about one every 7 or 8 weeks :dull:

It surely has got to be Elemis? They seem to have a TSV every few weeks. There was one about 6 weeks ago (end of July). There's one due on Saturday. And I'm pretty sure there will be another one coming up probably at the beginning to mid November or so for Christmas. So that averages out at about one every 7 or 8 weeks :dull:

Maybe you're right that they win, but the TSVs aren't quite as frequent as that...

Elemis TSV dates for 2015:
15/11
12/9
26/7
12/4
1/2

I reckon the crown could be shared with Kipling - 4 so far... bound to be at least 1 more:

26/8
7/6
26/3
26/1

Last edited:
No more Dyson please - I mean how many cleaners and fans can one have at two or three hundred quid a pop? I mean if there were a few Decleor or Molton Brown TSVs at around the £50 mark I'd probably be tempted each time as I use them and can't resist the value. A cupboard full of beauty goodies is kind of acceptable but who hoards Dysons? Always a lot of laptops and tablets as well.

CC

For me it has to be Dyson. I have a cleaner and a fan (not from Q) so I like the brand but they are not cheap and if they concentrate on those two items it is tedious. They seem to have had a least three fans, and I personally did not see the point of the humidifier given our climate. (With my hair I would have more use for a dehumidifier!) At one time there seemed to be a lot of Time Bomb and Mally TSVs as well. Obviously I am happy with the level of Yankee TSVs, so I guess it is only noticeably annoying, or more so, when we do not want the items.

People should widen their net, there are amazing places to shop out there thanks to the internet were compared to QVC, every item you look at will be a TSV, QVC is the dearest place to shop by far.

Elemis certainly seem to be highly ranked for TSV's but I tend not to buy since they've introduced the botanicals and the cleanser caused havoc with my skin. Another thing about Elemis that really annoys me (and I am a huge fan) is the 100ml size of the Pro Collagen Marine Cream. Why? The shelf life opened is 6 months! Now, call me frugal, but I can make the 30ml size last beyond that.

Latest posts

Back