How can pies be back in stock?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

The same as how can they be out of stock.

As far as I believe the pies QVC sell through the Real Pie Company are freshly made?

So is there an excuse for them to be out of stock?

Surely you should be able to buy what you want, when you want, If the Real Pie Company are busy tbat information could be relayed on

The same as how can they be out of stock.

As far as I believe the pies QVC sell through the Real Pie Company are freshly made?

So is there an excuse for them to be out of stock?

Surely you should be able to buy what you want, when you want, If the Real Pie Company are busy tbat information could be relayed on

As a fan of some of these pies, I have the answer lol!! They only make many of their pies seasonally!! So even if you visit them, they are not far from me, you won't find all the pies available all the time, also they are not a massive company so do have a limit to amount they can provide! I feel useful for once:mysmilie_15:

Also, they will have an allocated a pre planned quantity to sell, for which they will have scheduled the necessary resources in terms of both the workforce and ingredients . Neither of these will be limitless.

They probably freeze the pies. They wouldn't make them and ship them out fresh. Their pies are vastly overpriced anyway.

I don't see the point of them and I agree that they're hugely overpriced. You can buy excellent quality ready-made pastry if you don't like making your own or haven't time and put your own filling in - doesn't take much unless you stew the meat. At a fraction of the cost.

500g organic steak at Asda (£4.58)
Handful of barley (about 5p)
Carrots (20p)
A leek (40p)
Potato (50p)
Peas (not much)
1 onion (20p)
Pastry (£1.00)
Energy (50p)

Makes 10 pies for about £7 !

Just spent a few hours making pies and turn QVC on to 'the real pie company'. I'll probably have dreams about pies tonight!

Can't believe the price they are charging! It has cost me roughly £13 and that was for the meats mainly and I made

4x chicken and veg
4x chicken and mushroom
4x chicken, bacon and baked beans (sons fav!)
4x minced beef
4x minced curried beef
6x steak
3x steak and mushroom, phew!

Made all the pastry myself too, shortcrust bottoms and flakey tops and they look lovely. All but 3 now cooling, ready to freeze.
By the way Charlie really does talk such twaddle, lol!

I also make my own pies and freeze them and I often wonder why anyone would pay the price of those on QVC. You can't beat homemade.

Can anyone recommend a good brand of ready made pastry? I've never done much cooking with pastry before, I tend to buy things like pies. I've been thinking I should expand my culinary repertoire recently though, so I'd like to have a go at making some. My family tend to always want the same favourites so I just alternate about 10 or so dishes for dinners.

Latest posts

Back