Household Helpers TSV 17/03/13

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

For those of you that have this, could you answer two questions for me? 1. How good is it at getting to the edges - the Bain of my life is trying to clean right up to the edges of the cupboards in the kitchen? And 2. How big an area can you clean before you need to empty it out - plus does it lose suction as it get's fuller?

Hope this helps...

Have been using an AirRam for a couple of months. It gets up to the edges really well...cupboards, skirting boards etc. The machine is so light that it makes it easy to manoeuvre and it picks up brilliantly.

It doesn't lose suction as the dust compartment gets filled up. That surprised me when I first bought mine. I generally empty the tray after cleaning upstairs and then again once I've done downstairs but I could actually do the whole house in one go I reckon. The only exception to this would be when I first started using the AirRam. I noticed that it was picking up a lot of dust from the carpets - dust that my Dyson just hadn't touched. Other reviews I read commented on this too. I was v surprised (and a bit shocked!) to see how full the dust tray was.

The John Lewis website has a lot of reviews and a few have a common theme - its for lightweight use as if you vacuum up something that is too big for it it gets caught inside and seems to destroy the blades - each person sent it back to JL for a replacement commenting that perhaps this is a design fault.

For those of you that have ordered I sincerely hope it does what you want but it may be advisable to bear others' reviews in mind about how to get the best out of it. I'm a cynic so I have to ask why Q are able to get this at such a fantastic price and wonder whether this is another Gatineau story of selling off the old before out comes the new?

As some of you will know from my posts, I usually only buy re-orders from QVC nowadays after receiving a print out detailing what I'd spent with them since getting Freeview. :eek: :eek: To say my addiction with shopping from them was instantly cured is an understatement! My new year's resolution is to only buy things that I need and not what I want.

BUT ................. I succumbed to this item at 11.15 a.m. this morning. It's on advanced order for delivery w/c 1st April (so there'll be another payday before I have to pay for it.)

I read reviews online before deciding and also read some of the posts here. :wink:

Now ........... do I need it? No, because I've got an Oreck and a G-Tech carpet sweeper and a cylinder vaccum (bought because the Oreck hasn't any additional tools)

Did I want it? Yes, because it's a really good deal and that's something I can't resist. I can see the Oreck (which is very good) being stored at the back of the cupboard, gathering dust :wink:, if the Airam is as good as the reviews say.

I showed hubby the demo he didnt seem impressed said it was too much for what it was, guess what I ordered it anyway it will be a nice surprise for him when it arrives on advanced orders 1st April (oops April fools) :wink:

Have gone for this after reading a lot of the reviews on Amazon etc. What with working full time, running up and down the country at the weekends to visit/help elderly parents who have been poorly on and off, being on standby to have the twin 8 year old grand-daughters as my son-in-law has an ongoing family emergency, and recovering from breaking my shoulder last year and my wrist and elbow (same side) this year, neither my OH or I have much time for housework. Am hoping this will be easy to whizz round daily and the cat hair, etc down. Plus no postage and 4 easy pays makes it a real bargain.

I've got one too. Must have got one of the last ones before it went to AD. I have an Oreck, which I like, but the idea of a light cordless machine really appealed. I also have a little Westie puppy, who keeps jumping for the swinging wire on the Oreck, so this should help!
The way I look at it, I've only paid £40 so far and I get to try it out for 30 days. If I'm not impressed, it'll go straight back and I won't even have lost any postage.

i am buying it on waitlist but i am at odds as to why qvc are not shouting from the roof tops that is has a 5 year guarantee ...i will phone gtech tommorow and see if i can still register for the guarantee if i buy it from qvc as if not that would explain the price diffrernce just a thought!

The thing that would worry me is that, in my experience, anything rechargeable doesn't maintain maximum power to the point it needs recharging - it gradually deteriorates?

During the demos they say that it replaces ur existing Vacuum cleaner, but how do u clean the sofa etc when it had no separate tools? It means ull then need to buy a separate hand held cleaner for these jobs meaning that it would be cheaper to just by a Dyson surely

The thing that would worry me is that, in my experience, anything rechargeable doesn't maintain maximum power to the point it needs recharging - it gradually deteriorates?
Generally yes Frazzled but not with the Dyson hand held that keeps going at the same suction and then just stops when it's exhausted lol - could mean that the GTech is the same.

Hope this helps...

Have been using an AirRam for a couple of months. It gets up to the edges really well...cupboards, skirting boards etc. The machine is so light that it makes it easy to manoeuvre and it picks up brilliantly.

It doesn't lose suction as the dust compartment gets filled up. That surprised me when I first bought mine. I generally empty the tray after cleaning upstairs and then again once I've done downstairs but I could actually do the whole house in one go I reckon. The only exception to this would be when I first started using the AirRam. I noticed that it was picking up a lot of dust from the carpets - dust that my Dyson just hadn't touched. Other reviews I read commented on this too. I was v surprised (and a bit shocked!) to see how full the dust tray was.

Thank you so much, Rural Lady, that does help. I've been out all day. I've just ordered one on Advance Order (w/c 15th April), this gives me the chance to think about it and see what other people on here think and what QVC reviews say before committing to it.

Thank you so much, Rural Lady, that does help. I've been out all day. I've just ordered one on Advance Order (w/c 15th April), this gives me the chance to think about it and see what other people on here think and what QVC reviews say before committing to it.

me too dips plus i am going to check the 5 year guarantee that you get if bought elsewhere

phoned qvc and the first year is with qvc but if you register with gtech you get the extended 4 years giving you 5 years in total win win!

..and how long does the battery last? How much to replace it? I was tempted but perhaps fortunately it sold out while I was watching the demo!

phoned qvc and the first year is with qvc but if you register with gtech you get the extended 4 years giving you 5 years in total win win!

Dips and Boffy glad that you got the TSV before it sold out. Hope that you will be as pleased with it as I am.

Latest posts

Back