Hotter Shoes

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

reflexgirl

Registered Shopper
I have just noticed from the Q programme guide that Hotter Shoes are being shown on friday! I like hotters, i have 2 pairs of the Shake design and a pair of gore tex walking shoes. I dont know why, but I find it strange that they are coming to QVC - maybe its because there is a big shop in my nearest city, or the fact that I get emails from them most weeks and catalogues throught the door every couple of weeks - their presence is overwhelming and the sales assistant I spoke to just before christmas whilst purchasing my gore tex shoes told me they plan to open loads more stores in the high street this year! So, I wondered if they will be doing special prices at La Q - No, it seems not. A pair of Shake shoes on Hotter website and in stores are £58 currently with free p&p, - QVC £62 + £4.95.
Good luck to Hotter, a british company for spreading their wings..

They were being sold on Ideal World last year. I have some of the Hotter shoes too. They were invaluable when I was recovering from my broken foot. I have some in the deep pinky rose colour and my brother always laughs and calls them my 'Dorothy' shoes - he's cheeky .:grin: ( they are quite bright, though) :giggle:

Their shoes are very good.

Unfortunately the springy heels seems to throw my back out so I had to stop wearing them. I had the same problem many years ago with K Skips.

holdon.jpg

I confess, I have a weakness for shoes. I must try to remember this is on

When it comes to shoes, my mum won't skimp on price and, for years, she has worn Hotters, so I told her about thhis hour. Even she remarked that she didn't think the prices would be any better than Hotters own. They are widely available in retail outlets and hotters quite often have sales - I receive regular emails from them with offers - so I know QVC will not be able to match the prices, especially once p+p has been added.

a friend of mine swears by Hotters - I actually tried one in our Hotters store in Nottm yesterday, but in the sale still £64..FlyFlots are cheaper BUT has anyone tried both and able to give an opinion on which is better? TIA

Just checked IW, apart from the Hotter banner which comes up in a search, no Hotter items are shown on the site. Wonder how long it will be before Moira C and her ChiChi defects to QVC :giggle:

Moira C started on QVC before going to Ideal, so don't think she will go back. (Hope not)

When it comes to shoes, my mum won't skimp on price and, for years, she has worn Hotters, so I told her about thhis hour. Even she remarked that she didn't think the prices would be any better than Hotters own. They are widely available in retail outlets and hotters quite often have sales - I receive regular emails from them with offers - so I know QVC will not be able to match the prices, especially once p+p has been added.

Agree - my hubby and I got 3 pairs for the price of 2 in december - of course I had the 2!

I have never heard of this range, but when i saw the name I got excited and assumed sexy heels. Having just read the thread and Googled the brand its not what i envisaged. Lol I was expecting to see Marta Johnson styles.

a friend of mine swears by Hotters - I actually tried one in our Hotters store in Nottm yesterday, but in the sale still £64..FlyFlots are cheaper BUT has anyone tried both and able to give an opinion on which is better? TIA

I have a pair of hotters which I really like. Not all their shoes are clumpy. I've tried on loads of flyflots in various places hoping for that holy grail moment but just never been able to buy a pair. However hard I try I find them old ladyish and I think their sizing varies quite a bit, so I wouldn't buy them from tv, but then I wouldn't buy any shoes from tv. I've been to Italy a few times and have never seen any of those stylish women in flyflots, except maybe a few ancients. I do like the fact that Hotters are a real home grown company and seem to be doing well.

Maybe there are some foot experts amongst us, because whilst I love soft comfortable shoes I wonder whether the soft inner sole that is supposed to mould to your foot shape is a good idea. If you have difficult feet then isn't some inner support better?

I live & die in my FlyFlot clogs Bea Frugal..wear them as slippers even! They are moulded to the shape of my foot and so comfy...agree the shoes can be "matronly" but this is the sort of shoe I have to wear in me old age! Feet are shot! The Hotters ones I tried yesterday, I didn't feel there was support under my arch, tho otherwise the shoe felt soft and springy enough like the FFs

Last edited:
Well I think you've answered your own question BusyMum! Sounds like you know what suits your feet best. I have small, flattish feet but I've always enjoyed shoe shopping and will try on dozens of pairs and eventually get lucky and find the right compromise between style and comfort.

I have a pair of hotters which I really like. Not all their shoes are clumpy. I've tried on loads of flyflots in various places hoping for that holy grail moment but just never been able to buy a pair. However hard I try I find them old ladyish and I think their sizing varies quite a bit, so I wouldn't buy them from tv, but then I wouldn't buy any shoes from tv. I've been to Italy a few times and have never seen any of those stylish women in flyflots, except maybe a few ancients. I do like the fact that Hotters are a real home grown company and seem to be doing well.

Maybe there are some foot experts amongst us, because whilst I love soft comfortable shoes I wonder whether the soft inner sole that is supposed to mould to your foot shape is a good idea. If you have difficult feet then isn't some inner support better?[/QUOTE]

I have the Hotter Shake design which are like mary janes with a plaited velco strap over the top, I buy the extra wide ones and I wear some orthotics inside (half into the heel) as I have very high arches and need support, I have mortons neuroma and also Plantar Facsiaitis at the moment. They are good insomuch as they are such soft leather and are roomy enough in the toe box etc to add your own orthotic if required. I have had such pain in my feet of late that during the summer and for around the house now I wear Fitflops (not the toepost ones) and they have been an absolute godsend, cant praise them highly enough - they have a great shock absorbing heel if you have PF. It was wearing my beloved birkenstocks, which apparently are too flat and have no shock absorbant heelbed, that caused my PF!!:sad:

How interesting reflexgirl. I never thought that someone with high arches would need support. I like arch supports in walking shoes but fitflops would absolutely kill me. Feet are so tricky aren't they? I guess some forumites will be shaking their heads and wondering what all the fuss is about!

Have you tried the FitFlops with the 2 straps across Bea Frugal? They stay on really well and they have a really thick footbed - it says they are wobbleboard technology, although I cant detect any wobble! - well, not with my feet anyway...

Latest posts

Back