Hotter Shoes

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Another IW brand now on QVC. Whenever they were on IW they just seemed like a more expensive version of Fly flots , yea Hotters are British however does not mean the customer should have to pay more, and looks like QVC are gonna have the same problem as IW had not beeing able to beat Hotters website price.

I have my old faithfuls - Flyflots - and they are some of the comfiest shoes i have ever bought / worn. I started buying them from IW but have also bought direct from the Pavers shops. There is always a pair in my car and old ones for pottering about the garden. When I fell and broke my foot, despite what the hospital staff said, I knew my foot was broken because I couldn't get any of my beloved flyflots on - the foot bed hurt too much, when prior, they were like manna from heaven. ( it was confirmed many weeks later via xray that I had indeed broken my foot)

I needed a wider fuller shoe to help me to walk and i looked at and bought the Hotter shoes. I don't think they are as comfortable as the Flyflots and some styles of the Hotter range were too small / narrow / wide - it was a long job to find the ones that fit. I just ordered loads from a catalogue ( surprisingly the same price as Hotters direct) and for £3.95, got several delivered to try and free collection too, for the returns. ( plus, I didn't have to pay up front, only paid for the ones I kept) Alas, my 'Dorothy' shoes are too big for me now my foot has settled but I do have some other - some slingback styles as well which are very comfortable and I feel supported when walking in them - and they aren't clumpy looking either. ( and I got them VERY cheap in a year end sale from the same catalogue lol)

Thanks Dimple, that's what I wanted, a comparison - so, I'll stick with the FFs I think! Luckily there's a Pavers concession in our local factory shop so no probs finding them!

I'd never heard of them! But if anyone has seen my ridiculous shoes thread in the drop they'll probably know why.

I have never heard of this range, but when i saw the name I got excited and assumed sexy heels. Having just read the thread and Googled the brand its not what i envisaged. Lol I was expecting to see Marta Johnson styles.

Likewise, just looked on their website and imo they're very frumpy looking

I have both Flyflots & Hotters & find them both comfy. The Flyflots probably have the edge for comfort but all mine are sandals whereas the Hotters are more closed in so that might be part of the reason. They were all bliss when I broke my toes & couldn't wear my other shoes.
I've bought two pairs of Hotters from TKMaxx in the past, very cheaply, so it's worth looking in there.
Never ordered from the catalogue as I'm a bit wary of buying shoes without trying first but there's a local Pavers which carries a lot.
Have some Ecco ones from there too which are the comfiest shoes I own.

I have both Flyflots & Hotters & find them both comfy. The Flyflots probably have the edge for comfort but all mine are sandals whereas the Hotters are more closed in so that might be part of the reason. They were all bliss when I broke my toes & couldn't wear my other shoes.
I've bought two pairs of Hotters from TKMaxx in the past, very cheaply, so it's worth looking in there.
Never ordered from the catalogue as I'm a bit wary of buying shoes without trying first but there's a local Pavers which carries a lot.
Have some Ecco ones from there too which are the comfiest shoes I own.
I ordered my Hotters to try, from either Very,kaleidoscope or Isme catalogue, as I could try for fit etc before buying them. I agree, the comfort level is different as, like you, I bought a more closed in shoe for support when I broke my foot. I did find the fit differed a lot between the diff styles / same sizes. Even when I bought some direct from Hotter, I had to do some exchanges. Very quick with refunds, though. I wish I lived near a shop so that I could try several styles.

There's Hotter branch in Worthing, catering for a more senior demographic we have here!

I used to have a pair of Flyflot ankle boots which were soooo comfy, but on the whole the squidgy soles are too unstable for my joints, being hypermobile I risk ligament damage from joints over-extending, so I can only wear a "soft" tread shoe if the ankle is supported. I have so much scar-tissue around my ankles they look like cankles and my knees too. When first diagnosed I actually burst into tears in a K shoe shop when presented with the only shoes that would take my orthotic - a taupe basket weave lace-up as worn by Miss Marple or women in their 90s! I can wear Birkenstocks which are v supportive so I live in these around the house.

I've always loved pretty and sexy shoes and have now found that I can wear New Look's cheap n cheerful platform court shoes and sandals for a night out, they have also made them with ankle straps which I could probably wear for longer. They bring out different designs every season and as DD is also my size we scoop up new pairs when they're reduced. I can't tell you what a boost it is psychologically to be able to wear heels again, plus being 4' 12" I need a physical "boost" too.

I suspect Hotter, if they're expanding into more high streets, will be on Q for a short stay just to raise their profile...it's advertising and they'll shift a few shoes but long term they won't need QVC taking their cut as they already have an established mai order business.

Jude xx

Have you tried the FitFlops with the 2 straps across Bea Frugal? They stay on really well and they have a really thick footbed - it says they are wobbleboard technology, although I cant detect any wobble! - well, not with my feet anyway...
I have a pair like that with the two straps across in a sparkly (of course) colour and have worn them constantly since someone on here recommended them, last August. I even wear them as slippers, only wear my plain black shoes for work. But when i went to see the chiropodist, she advised me not to wear the same shoes constantly , as its bad for your feet, and they need a change

I have a pair like that with the two straps across in a sparkly (of course) colour and have worn them constantly since someone on here recommended them, last August. I even wear them as slippers, only wear my plain black shoes for work. But when i went to see the chiropodist, she advised me not to wear the same shoes constantly , as its bad for your feet, and they need a change
Yes it is very true that it is better to change shoes because firstly the shoes need to dry out from the day's perspiration. The other reason is that the feet get too used to the shoes. Visited my Dad and he was walking around like Spotty dog from the Wooden Tops. Looked so funny and the reason was that he'd been watering the same pair of boat moccasins and he couldn't walk in anything else properly.

Latest posts

Back