Hmmm Leighton

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

DramaCat

gobby bird
Is it just me, or is Leighton becoming a wee bit smug and up his own backside? I always thought part of his charm was his humble beginnings and how he became a success in the nail world. He was always bashful and slightly reluctant to talk about his 'celeb' friends/clients. Now it seems to get rammed down our throat at every opportunity. His whole attitude to his success seems to have changed now - and not in a terribly nice way.

I hadn't noticed any change in LD, but surely anyone that has made such a hugh sucess of their business is entitled to be just a wee bit smug.

He seems the same to me. I've always found him down to earth and one of the guests i enjoy watching. He has been mentioning Dita von teese, Jade Jagger and Geri Halliwell for as long as i can remember.

i agree with glamburglar, he has got a lot smug latley not the same as when he first came on qvc,

I too have to agree with GlamBurglar about this one. It irritates me when he talks about the amount of nail bars (I think ) he owns , Where you can go for a manicure (The hall whose name escapes me) , Centerparcs etc etc. His diction is appalling "this polish will last you 3 month" I say "this polish will last you 3 months" etc etc. I also noticed yesterday in the 4pm show that he nearly threw a hissy fit when someone had put out the wrong stock they were selling. Also why do 75% of the kits have to be mini-sizes , I can't get on with mini-bottles at all.

I too have to agree with GlamBurglar about this one. It irritates me when he talks about the amount of nail bars (I think ) he owns , Where you can go for a manicure (The hall whose name escapes me) , Centerparcs etc etc. His diction is appalling "this polish will last you 3 month" I say "this polish will last you 3 months" etc etc. I also noticed yesterday in the 4pm show that he nearly threw a hissy fit when someone had put out the wrong stock they were selling. Also why do 75% of the kits have to be mini-sizes , I can't get on with mini-bottles at all.

Tbh I've always found Leighton irritating - I don't know why, but I've just never enjoyed watching him. I think the "3 month" thing is probably a northern/regional thing.

I've never found his products that outstanding either, mini bottles are rubbish and the crystal nail file not all its cracked up to be. Bragging about celebrities does nothing for me either; very off putting and so what anyway.

Tbh I've always found Leighton irritating - I don't know why, but I've just never enjoyed watching him. I think the "3 month" thing is probably a northern/regional thing.

I am with you on this one,and why not have another model sometimes ,she has got great hands and nails but whenever the presenter is speaking she just stares at Leighton,which imo is a bit rude.
Might be in the minority but i much prefer Nails Inc better choice of colours and a better price.

I have to say I dont like the varnishes that much either, dont feel it has the staying power of Nails Inc or OPI, much prefer Nails Inc as well, but cheaper and colours more vibrant imo. Leighton is ok, sometimes feel he gets fed up with the presenters, watched last night with JF and I felt he looked a bit peeved with her, but then everyone get peeved with her at some point! lol

I think the Crystal file is the best thing since sliced bread and I love him and his colours and products but like we always say, horses for courses!! Is Leighton the new Liz?;-)

I am with you on this one,and why not have another model sometimes ,she has got great hands and nails but whenever the presenter is speaking she just stares at Leighton,which imo is a bit rude.
Might be in the minority but i much prefer Nails Inc better choice of colours and a better price.

Yep Nails Inc for me everytime (St Johns Wood:happy:). plus 95% of nails inc sets on QVC are all full sized too.

I thought that Leighton came over as "jumpy" and seemed annoyed at times during the 4pm demonstrations yesterday. I think when comparing cost over the ranges we must remember that Nails inc are 10ml bottles,LD are 12ml bottles and OPI are 15ml bottles.Still love Leightons range though - i'm using the one for all at the mo and loving it -top,base coat and treatment in one bottle. Re crystal nail file - i used a glass one(not branded) for years and thought it was good until i bought and used LD crystal file - far superior and better quality product. I think if i had achieved what Leighton has(fork lift driver to nail guru) i think i maybe a little smug.:sun:

there is smug and there is smug, when someone has worked really hard to build up a business from nothing, I agree they can afford to pat themselves on the back....a little. Lets be honest QVC has without doubt HUGELY increased his turnover and widened his sales reach. I just these days feel as though when he is on QVC he feels like he is a bit above it and is doing us a favour. He just isnt the same guy anymore.

I like some of his products but do now tend to sway more to Nails Inc. In terms of value they are really spot on. Lets be honest - how many of us regularly finish a bottle of nail polish? The colours are like a disposable accessory.

Sorry guys can't agree......leighton's varnish defo has the best staying power.

Have used OPI and Nails inc but leighton's (using his base and top coat) last me about 6/7 days before chipping. I work in a library so my hands get a lot of use!
I get on great with the mini's. Also means I can have more of them!!

I like the promo film in which Leighton is giving a real belly laugh; I've always been suspicious of people who stifle their laughter and warm to people who can really laugh out loud. :clapping:

Jude xx

Well, I'm not far away from Leighton's humble beginnings, and I certainly don't speak the way he does. I have a northern accent, and I would say months, not month, (or momf), which is what I've heard come out of his mouff LOL! :angry:

[/COLOR]

Well, I'm not far away from Leighton's humble beginnings, and I certainly don't speak the way he does. I have a northern accent, and I would say months, not month, (or momf), which is what I've heard come out of his mouff LOL! :angry:

Ibeefa (Ibiza) is another one:headbang:!

I noticed her doing that yesterday. She was really rude and looked a bit snooty.

Nails Inc all the way for me too!

Latest posts

Back