Hints and tips for YC tart burner please

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

loveallthingsitalian

Registered Shopper
I know there are YC experts amongst us so any tips on using the Tsv tart burner. would. be much appreciated.

Although I have used candles and reeds in the past (not much YC as I think they are too strong) and for the past while I have been using an oil burner thing which I like but find the burner wick very badly made and is causing a fortune replacing them so I thought I would give the TSV a try.

Also are there other brands of tarts and do they work ok. have just turned it on with sweet pea which I bought locally but already. have a bit of a headache!

Tart fragrances are a very personal thing but I have always found the florals give me a bit of a headache and my friends have said the same, so you're not alone there! Some YC tarts are stronger than others, in general I'd say the fresh ones are the ones that are "least offensive" and please most people, so they might be the best ones to start with. Yankee Direct, Yankee Doodle and Yankee.co.uk are good sites to browse and buy tarts more cheaply than on Q.

If the tart's fragrance hasn't run out but you want to change to a different tart then you can pop the top of the burner in the freezer for 15 minutes, pop out the tart, and save it for another time. Some people pour the hot wax away but I tried that once with a traditional non-electric burner and never again! So messy, and it makes a mess of your warmer.

Sweetpea is quite a strong one, am sure there will be others you will prefer that won't give you a headache!

Putting the warmer in the freezer is a good way to get rid of the old tart (!). I find putting it in upside down so gravity lends a hand works every time. I don't use the Yankee unscented tea lights, the ones from the supermarket or IKEA work fine. I tried a couple of non Yankee tarts but didn't like them - I'm sure there are good ones out there though and would try others if I came across them. The sites Ellaaa mentions are all good, but if you just want the tarts you can get some good deals on ebay with free p and p. Fragrance is a very personal thing but chamomile tea is a lovely light one I tried recently

I love coastal waters from the TSV. It smells like the salty air by the sea.
You will find the scent gradually gets weaker depending on how far into the 8 hours of fragrance you are.

Some people, me including, can only melt the tart for around 15 mins otherwise they get a headache. I'm melting black coconut from the TSV and definitely have to turn the burner off off after 15 mins but that is enough to fill the top of the house.
I like this TSV as it has fruit tarts in it and I haven't tried those before because I thought I wouldn't like them.

I like the tarts - now called melts, what a shame :) - because they are a quick hit of fragrance. I like the fruity ones in the kitchen and the fresher ones elsewhere. I don't tend to go for the florals or anything too perfumy because I'm prone to migraines and my son gets hayfever so between us there's a mixture of headaches & sneezing! Drift away is a nice relaxing one if you can find it, it's blue coloured, I bought it from Boundary Mill if you have on near you, they have a limited selection but the prices are pretty good. Pink dragon fruit is a new favourite too. I put mine in the freezer too, no problem removing them.

I'm a 15 minutes at a time gal! I also tend to just use half or even a quarter at a time if they're too strong.

If u have an Asda close by they have the Yc simply home range, the blend of frangrance is much simplier and the tarts are only £1 mayb worth have a sniff next time ur there. Morning Blossom is one of my favourites from Asda atm

Thanks for all your help. I have just started A Childs Wish (where did that name come from!) and finding it so much better.

I will use the samples in the Tsv to sus out the type I like and then buy them as I see them at a decent price.
:mysmilie_504:

I love the scents but have a chemical allergy. It started when I was burning Glade candles years ago (I notice they have a warning on the label these days). I bought the electric burner when it was a TSV the time before so it doesn't have the removable dish. I bought a pack of 20 foil mini tart cases and put them in the top of the burner - they work brilliantly with no mess and I can change fragrances whenever I want with no mess or waiting (need to be careful if I'm pulling one out with liquid wax).

I can only burn natural wax tarts these days (and use natural cleaners like Method) or my skin goes red and itchy and my mouth gets a horrid metallic taste and swells - all topped of with a massive asthma attack later on in the day! It's getting worse, too! I now have to avoid candle aisles in shops. Sigh. I also have the added problem of finding it difficult to get tarts that I can smell "in the flesh" as the soy ones are harder to get hold of. Any suggestions, ladies (and gents)?

Latest posts

Back