Hhmmm, Lulu and Beauty Bible

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I met Lulu earlier this year. We were face to face chatting.

Came across as an absolutely lovely lady so this is not to knock her. However, she really does not look like she does in the papers, on TV with layers of make up. I swear there was nothing special about her skin. Infact I know many more women in their 60s whose skin was in better shape. I am in my 30s and would have been the first to say if her skin was 'amazing'.

I think she comes across as 'looking young' largely due to how she dresses and acts eg lots of trendy bangles, layered clothing.....

Lulu had facial surgery when she was in her mid-30s following a car crash. I remember her discussing it on chat shows and apparently the person who called the emergency services was a doctor, who stopped bleeding which saved her life but he'd left the scene before the ambulance arrived. I'm not defending her but that could explain the difference between her face now and her face when she was young.

Lulu had facial surgery when she was in her mid-30s following a car crash. I remember her discussing it on chat shows and apparently the person who called the emergency services was a doctor, who stopped bleeding which saved her life but he'd left the scene before the ambulance arrived. I'm not defending her but that could explain the difference between her face now and her face when she was young.

Oh so she only had the face lift because of the car crash. As I've said before look at the hands and her neck, don't match the face at all they look her age.

I'm suprised at the talk of a face lift- seriously her face is not wrinkle free in real life when you are stood right next to her. It looks like a normal 60 something women!!

to be honest its the fillers, the chipmunk cheeks which seem to get more and more puffed up with the lips each time she is on.

Also the rubbish about mixing and working making the skincare in her kitchen, when infact its John Frieda her ex husband's company who created and make the stuff.

Well she has been a heavy smoker and big sun lover so something must have been done to her skin as a normal woman of 60+ who smokes and sunbathed for years would not look like her.

Last edited:
It wasn't a face list (she was 31 at the time) it was plastic surgery after a near fatal car crash. I'm not debating whether she's had any cosmetic surgery since but the work in her 30s might explain the change in her features from when she was younger.

Keep an eye out on one of the digital channels for an old episode of Ad Fab from the late 90s. Lulu is in one and looks totally different from she does today, it actually looks natural. Not as thin for one, no trout pout and chipmunk cheeks.

Last year on BBC4 they had a series on British Female singers they showed an episode of each one. Sandi Shaw,Lulu,Cilla and Dusty. In some clips in the documentary Lulu is puffing away like mad with the Carpenters(yes Karen smoked), it seemed every break in filming the show Lulu was puffing away. She was also really sun tanned looked too, did they have fake tan way back then. Even in the Ad Fab episode she is quite tanned, despite her now saying oh I don't go in the sun. Back in the 60s and 70s if you see photos of the pop stars of then they went on holiday and came back heavy tan. Think factor 3 was the most you cost get or was it 6?

Latest posts

Back