Hhmmm, Lulu and Beauty Bible

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

saw some of lulus skincare range in john lewis and it looked and smelt very high end. i was really suprised tbh!

lu lu looks ridiculous imo very overdone but the range is made by top companies it seems!

In my local TK Maxx they have had several of her products on the shelves for weeks and each week they would be reduced further, so when it reached bargain basement price I thought I would give them a whirl. I got the pink Timebomb body scrub for £2, the lavender face masks for £2 and the microdermabrasion cream for £4, there was also Youth Juice but on reading the ingredients decided against it. Personally they did nothing for me and I did try her skin care range in the 'Try Me' when it was first launched, it didn't suit me so I returned it.

I haven't tried Lulu's stuff but just because she's had work done doesn't mean her stuff is crap or won't do what it says on the jar. It might. It might not. What it won't do is make you look like Lulu unless you also go under the knife.

Lots of the "faces" behind the skincare brands aren't the best adverts for their products and a lot of them have had a bit of help.

I only object to Lulu implying her looks are all down to HER potions and lotions. But even so lots of people swear by 'em.

In my case I use PCMC right now and my skin is pretty damned good and virtually line free. But is that down to PCMC or the Oil of Olay I used from a teen to my early 40s?? Or neither one?? Perhaps it's luck and genetics.

I like Lulu's night cream which I had as part of a Try Me kit. I didn't like any of the other stuff, her day cream didn't smell very nice and the Take Off Time cleanser was so harsh it nearly took my face off!!

The Beauty Bible is raving about Lulu's hair care in their latest newsletter. Seems its the greatest thing since sliced bread.:sleepy:

Well if its hair care then can't really say much against the Beauty Bible, I mean I don't think she has had a nip and tuck to her hair follicles!

Now the skincare is a different matter altogether as there is no way any of her stuff made her look like that, that as we all know is a surgeon!

PS I haven't used either as I don't care for Lulu's 'wee girl from glesga' routine and she just annoys the hell out of me!

. . . . Now the skincare is a different matter altogether as there is no way any of her stuff made her look like that, that as we all know is a surgeon!

Well a lot of people think that, but I doubt that anybody here knows. I certainly don't know that. I've seen a number of interviews where Lulu's admitted that she used to have botox, but stopped because it made her look worse than when she started. And I've seen interviews where she says she wouldn't rule out surgery in the future, but I have no idea whether she's had any surgery or not. I do know two things: I work with a woman a couple of years older than Lulu, who has amazing skin, firmness etc., and most definitely has not had surgery. She puts it down to good genes. Secondly, lifting the face won't improve the texture of the skin, so even if Lulu has had some work done, that alone won't make her skin look good. Firm yes, improved texture no. So I don't care whether she's had surgery or not - if her skin looks good it isn't the surgeon's knife that's doing it. And I don't use her products by the way, I just don't think we should confuse firmness and lack of sagging with the appearance of the surface of the skin.

Last edited:
Peels made the skin smooth and clear. Not the sort you can do yourself at home. So I will say peels have been done on Lulu over the years too. You see photos of her when younger and she didn't have good skin.

Well if its hair care then can't really say much against the Beauty Bible, I mean I don't think she has had a nip and tuck to her hair follicles!

Now the skincare is a different matter altogether as there is no way any of her stuff made her look like that, that as we all know is a surgeon!

PS I haven't used either as I don't care for Lulu's 'wee girl from glesga' routine and she just annoys the hell out of me!

Her head is full of weave in extensions!!

I am the same age as La Lulu, so I remember her from her younger days, and it has to be said there is NOTHING that even looks like the old Lulu - even her eyes are a different shape !!!! And as for the trout pout , er, her creams and potions are responsible for that too are they ?????

I am the same age as La Lulu, so I remember her from her younger days, and it has to be said there is NOTHING that even looks like the old Lulu - even her eyes are a different shape !!!! And as for the trout pout , er, her creams and potions are responsible for that too are they ?????

That's very true.
I'm the same age too & remember well how she looked. She looks nothing like an older version of herself would look as others do, like Helen Mirren. The shape of her face & her features are completely altered. Just look at old photos of her.

I agree, lulu looks totally different from years ago. I work in a clinic that does botox and fillers and her face has been and is still being botoxed and filled. She's having it in different areas as she's cottoned onto the frozen forehead look but she's still having it. Nothing pads out facial hollows except facial fillers or cheek implants.

Latest posts

Back