Hermes delivery rubbish or what?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Rooby

Registered Shopper
Hello everyone

I'm afraid I'm here for a rant today. :mysmilie_1479: When I order biggish items from QVC they always used to use Parcelnet and my lovely, smiley Parcelnet lady, Gill would be with me in a day or maybe 2 with my parcel. So, on Sunday I ordered the L'Occitane TSV which showed as shipped that day. I was chuffed and expected to receive it on Tuesday or Wednesday. It still isn't here today so I rang QVC to find out who they used and the operator said 'Hermes, they used to Parcelnet.' I went to the Hermes website where they ask for a tracking number which I didn't have. So I went back to QVC and the lady gave me a ridiculously long tracking number which when I type in to the Hermes website it says its not on the system (I double checked I wrote it down right and typed it in right). The Hermes website says to go back to the retailer if your number doesn't work in their system but that's pointless because QVC say it's got until next Tuesday to arrive.

I think that's appalling seeing as they charge a lot for P&P. Has anyone else had this kind of experience with Hermes?

My courier for Hermes used to be great,he lived round the corner and I could collect from him if he left a card cos I was out. He left due to 'lousy pay' and now I have a very strange lady who looks around 100,always has a huge woolly hat pulled right down to her eyes,and who is driven around by a guy who looks equally old and strange. That I wouldn't mind,but if you are not home first time,she leaves the stuff anywhere outside and pushes a card through the door stating 'parcel in the porch.' I don't have a porch and we have no fence so anyone can see if a parcel is left. I had a spate of stolen parcels some years ago,so all my labels say do not leave outside, around the back etc etc. I have had 6 items-5 of them birthday presents-apparently left outside but nowhere to be seen when I arrive home minutes after the card has been pushed thru (she puts the time on trhem.) I am still waiting for refunds on 2 items (of course all but one of the missing items is now out of stock-including the BP scrapper album,which was the only item for me!) When I told QVC what was happening,they were furious,as the courier is only supposed to leave the parcel if it is the third attempt at delivery and there is somehwere secure to leave it. I kept all the cards she left as proof but she had also written on her documents 'left in porch' when I don't have a porch. Actually I don't know of a single porch in this area-all 1930's bungalows and not a porch in sight. One of my neighbours reckons she isn't bringing the parcel to the door and thinks she is keeping them-I don't know about that. She came and delivered one replaced item last week and had a go at me for 'complaining' about her!' So I gave her a piece of mind and pointed out that her contract is to attempt delivery 3 times. She stated she couldn't make any money if she had to come back more than once so I told her if she couldn't make money doing the job she should give it up. It is almost 7 weeks since this trouble started I am still out the money for 2 items and had to find replacement gifts as well. Hermes need to vet/train their staff better and maybe pay them better? I ordered the l'occitane also (part for me,prt for my daughter) and was hoping it would come today so I could take it down to her at Uni early tomorrow morning but it's also a no show here,although my DD's Laura Geller has already arrived by RM, ordered after the TSV. Very frustrating.

I think I am going to be entering another phase of not ordering from QVC:this will be the third such phase and the second time I will be abstaining due to problems with deliveries.
I feel somuch better for that vent,lol!

Sorry that you have had such problems with Hermes! My son works for them as a Courier. If customers are not in he will not leave the parcels and he always brings them home. It is sometimes like a warehouse in our house with all the parcels!! He will always try on several occasions to deliver parcels and does not take anything back to the depot unless he has exhausted all possibilities of delivering the said parcels. I think your "old lady" courier should not be doing that job as she clearly can't be bothered to do the job. I am not having a moan at you, but just to let you know that all couriers are not like that!!

I also dislike Hermes. The guy has used my electricity cupboard to store things, but did not write it on the card, so I went back to QVC saying it was not there, only for him to come, open the cupoboard outside my front door and shout at me for getting him into trouble! Trust me he got more then he bargained for ( as a teacher in a secondary school I have loads of practise with that one!)
Then he started leaving them under the bush outside the front door...... and all that when all he has to do ois go next door (neighour does not work bless her, always willing to take me parcel in in exchange for flowers at odd times throughout the year lol)
I am currently in all day myself due to recovering from op (another blissful 4 weks + before I go back to work) and yesterday he did not even bother to knock the door. I watched him! He just dumped the parcel under the bush and left, not even leaving a card this time!

I do not like Hermes

Must admit my Hermes guy is great never had a problem ... he works hard for his 75p a parcel (1.25 if it's a big one)

My Hermes lady is lovely. It does seem to depend on the type of person you get. Some of them appear to be very conciencious and some just don't seem to give a sh*t. Hermes need to weed these people out and get rid in my opinion. They are obviously cheaper to use than Parcelnet. Yet another cost cutting measure from a big company who don't seem to care that the service isn't as good for its customers.

My delivery lady is great...I got my L'occitane TSV today, which I think is very speedy.( wasn't going to order but succombed at the last minute)

Sorry I'm confused. Aren't Parcelnet & Hermes the same company now? (I had a google) My Next man is Parcelnet but when I had something the other week that was being delivered by Hermes, he bought it? I would have grilled him, but hubby took it in.

Saying that, he delivers things asap, but my L'Occitane was despatched on Sunday too and no sign of it. I was most disapointed when he drove straight past my house this morning.

I've been reading people's reviews of the TSV and some got it on Tuesday.

Can I have mine please!

I think the delivery is basically based on the company sending it .I order from cotton traders and the delivery is by hermes and they send it on the previous day and i get it the next morning ,most of the time the P&P will be free ,same said the qvc is by same couriers and comes late .I had ordered the centigrade TSV and have not received it as yet but the Loccitane one i got it today .My hermes lady is really nice ,so i think we have to blame QVC and not Hermes .Thats just my thoughts.

My Hermes lady is utterly dreadful - grumpy, unfriendly, impolite - but worst of all that she terribly mistreats parcels. The last few orders she's delivered to my house from QVC have all arrived bashed in and damaged, luckily the bottles/products have all been ok-ish and useable. I know it is her because I have watched her throwing boxes and packages around in the back of her van and kicking things. I feel I ought to ring both Hermes and QVC to let them know, but as I haven't really ordered very much or had anything heavy delivered of late it's slipped my mind. Our postie on the other hand, is wonderful treats everything with caution and respect, and is very polite and kindly.

Hermes and Parcelnet are one and the same.
If your courier changed when they became Hermes, it's likely your courier has struck lucky and got a decent job with a decent company. I certainly hope so!! :)

Couriers earning 75p a parcel? Those are the lucky ones - the vast majority get 45p or less per parcel. Many QVC items are being delivered for less than the standard rate couriers were used to because of the shoddy job done by the Hermes staff.

Couriers who deliver for Hermes are not employees of Hermes - hermes couldn't give a stuff, so long as the parcel is delivered they really do not care. THere won't be any "weeding out" as was mentioned. Hermes are finding it hard enough to get couriers to work for the pittance they pay as it is - and often couriers are mums struggling to make ends meet.

Re the courier that didnt knock the door - if I was always used to someone being out and the house didn't look any different that day (no car on drive for example) I probably wouldn't bother knocking the door either - I'd safe place the parcel in its usual place and put a card through. If the courier isn't putting a card through then they ought to be - but having said that, Hermes are so crap, they constantly do not send out stationery to couriers, so that could have been the reason.

If you want the parcel leaving with a neighbour, then tell QVC - then the delivery instructions ought to appear on the courier's manifest.

Hermes are a carp company with management who really do not give a monkeys - I know, I'm an ex Parcelnet/Hermes courier - I saw the light and worked out that I was delivering at a loss and was fortunate to secure another job where I am not likely to be threatened if I need a day or two off on holiday, or refuse to work on boxing day!

The way Hermes treats its couriers is like something out of a Dickens novel.

My Hermes lady is utterly dreadful - grumpy, unfriendly, impolite - but worst of all that she terribly mistreats parcels. The last few orders she's delivered to my house from QVC have all arrived bashed in and damaged, luckily the bottles/products have all been ok-ish and useable. I know it is her because I have watched her throwing boxes and packages around in the back of her van and kicking things. I feel I ought to ring both Hermes and QVC to let them know, but as I haven't really ordered very much or had anything heavy delivered of late it's slipped my mind. Our postie on the other hand, is wonderful treats everything with caution and respect, and is very polite and kindly.

I used to get loads of items damaged and broken and it wasn't because of me, it was the warehouse staff or lorry drivers. Every box used to have a size 9 boothole in it.

Posties get holiday pay, sick pay, and workers' rights, currently your Hermes courier is being treated like shite and threatened with work being withdrawn for not working boxing day, or having their bonus removed for taking a day off, not to mention field managers screaming at them unprofessionally and demanding extra work for nothing or threatening couriers with fines if they don't find cover at all times when they feel llike a holiday (couriers are not entitled to any holiday allowance and even have to work bank hols)....I'm not saying your courier's behaviour is necessarily right, but having been a courier for this shoddy bunch of jokers, I can understand why some are peed off....
Sadly it has got a lot worse in recent months :(

Thanks for all your replies, I'm glad I'm not the only one who is frustrated but it's nice to hear some success stories too!

I had a Philosophy order delivered last weekend by 'Parcelnet' my usual lady, arrived in two days just like it always has. Funny now it's saying 'Hermes' and it's taking ages yet they are one and the same company. :mysmilie_81: I'll be interested to see if it's the same lady I get or someone else. I do have a cupboard on my patio they can leave parcels in if I'm out and my usual lady knows about this and uses it without fail. I've checked to see if it's been shoved in there with out a card through the door and it hasn't. Oh well maybe it will come tomorrow.

I used to get loads of items damaged and broken and it wasn't because of me, it was the warehouse staff or lorry drivers. Every box used to have a size 9 boothole in it.

Posties get holiday pay, sick pay, and workers' rights, currently your Hermes courier is being treated like shite and threatened with work being withdrawn for not working boxing day, or having their bonus removed for taking a day off, not to mention field managers screaming at them unprofessionally and demanding extra work for nothing or threatening couriers with fines if they don't find cover at all times when they feel llike a holiday (couriers are not entitled to any holiday allowance and even have to work bank hols)....I'm not saying your courier's behaviour is necessarily right, but having been a courier for this shoddy bunch of jokers, I can understand why some are peed off....

You are so right Lottle! My son works self employed for Hermes and they don't give a toss. Most of the time his handset does not work. He is accused of not charging the damn thing up, when in fact it is charged every night!! You are also right the pay is cr@p!! But my son treats it like a proper job as there is not many other jobs available at the moment!!

You are so right Lottle! My son works self employed for Hermes and they don't give a toss. Most of the time his handset does not work. He is accused of not charging the damn thing up, when in fact it is charged every night!! You are also right the pay is cr@p!! But my son treats it like a proper job as there is not many other jobs available at the moment!!

:mysmilie_348:
I feel for him :(
And yes, you're right - there aren't many other jobs and don't Hermes know it! My Field Manager was forever throwing that chestnut back in our faces. When I got another job (far better pay and conditions) i was over the moon :)
I was a very conscientious courier too, not that it ever did me any good as my FM hated anyone with a brain!

Not sure if your son uses the internet at all, but we have a courier forum for all sorts of help and advice (mainly Hermes couriers) so if you want a link, send me a message and I'll let you know where it is :mysmilie_696:
As for the HHTs, I worked out it costs about 50p a month to charge....our FM laughed when we asked about compensation for that.

That's interesting to hear the perspective of someone who has worked for them, and thank you for that :) I guess I can only report what I see, and ok, if she's grumpy or offhand there's maybe stuff going on in her life I know nothing about - and ditto her working environment etc. However, as I say I have seen her mistreating parcels - which is unnacceptable. I'm sorry you've experienced such horrible things though - no-one should have to be treated like that in their workplace. That's terrible ((hugs)).

That's interesting to hear the perspective of someone who has worked for them, and thank you for that :) I guess I can only report what I see, and ok, if she's grumpy or offhand there's maybe stuff going on in her life I know nothing about - and ditto her working environment etc. However, as I say I have seen her mistreating parcels - which is unnacceptable. I'm sorry you've experienced such horrible things though - no-one should have to be treated like that in their workplace. That's terrible ((hugs)).

No problem :) I escaped.... YESS!!

But you're right, she shouldn't mistreat the parcels.
I tried to be happy with my customers, after all - nothing Hermes was doing was ever their fault....but as we all know, if we're having problems in our lives it can sometimes be hard to hide it :(

Latest posts

Back