Hermes delivery rubbish or what?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I have a lady deliver my stuff and she is lovely.
my lapis bracelet came today with my l'occitane tsv,all in tip top condition
sorry you have had so many problems,for the price it costs for delivery you should get your items delivered safely

Well: my L;Occitane has arrived! and yes: despite being in all day and nobody knocking at the door, my husband brought it in when he came home as it was left outside the front door.

Bizarrely, my courier service has actually improved - courier (the same one as before!) now knocks on the door & waits, instead of just dumping the parcel(s) outside (even when it is raining!) & scuttling back to his car! :mysmilie_82:

I'm in Glasgow and my Hermes courier is lovely - i had a l'Occitane parcel delivered in November which was soggy(the bottle's had burst) - he delivered it(he had to as it was one of two) but he said he would pick the damaged parcel up in a couple of hours and he advised me to decant any liquid handwash i could!! He was true to his word re picking it up but unforunately there was very little liquid handwash to save!! Nice thought though.

My Hermes lady is dreadful an average of 2-3 weeks for a parcel to be delivered. I don't have one good thing to say about my courier. I'm sick of complaining to qvc about it and them churning out the same old apology time and again. The upside it stops me ordering.

Well after all that Parcelnet/Hermes talk, Royal Mail turned up with mine this morning!

The invoice says deliver via Parcelnet though.

Knew the Next man hadn't let me down!:mysmilie_697:

So for those of you still waiting for the L'Occitane TSV, it could be coming via Royal Mail x

Love the Hermes delivery service - very efficient. Far better than local Royal Mail service which is complete and utter pants - they've had to pay me compensation 3 times due to goods being damaged during delivery :mysmilie_365:

Hello everyone

I'm afraid I'm here for a rant today. :mysmilie_1479: When I order biggish items from QVC they always used to use Parcelnet and my lovely, smiley Parcelnet lady, Gill would be with me in a day or maybe 2 with my parcel. So, on Sunday I ordered the L'Occitane TSV which showed as shipped that day. I was chuffed and expected to receive it on Tuesday or Wednesday. It still isn't here today so I rang QVC to find out who they used and the operator said 'Hermes, they used to Parcelnet.' I went to the Hermes website where they ask for a tracking number which I didn't have. So I went back to QVC and the lady gave me a ridiculously long tracking number which when I type in to the Hermes website it says its not on the system (I double checked I wrote it down right and typed it in right). The Hermes website says to go back to the retailer if your number doesn't work in their system but that's pointless because QVC say it's got until next Tuesday to arrive.

I think that's appalling seeing as they charge a lot for P&P. Has anyone else had this kind of experience with Hermes?

I have had no probs with Hermes but, like you, I have not yet received my l'occitane tsv and Hermes deliver in our area also. The lady who brings the parcels is lovely; it's not their fault if the parcels take ages to reach us. I agree, though, they charge enough for p+p to ensure it arrives in as quick a time as possible.

Like Melanie,my L'occitane also arrived by Royal Mail this am. Not sure why they have sent it out with different people? Pleased with it anyway,even tho it came too late to take down to my DD at Uni.

Just rang QVC CS to complain that the Hermes tracking number was no good on the Hermes website. The lady told me that there was a problem with the barcodes on the TSVs so they were sent Royal Mail not Hermes. Am hoping it might come today! :mysmilie_701:

I must say though that the staff at QVC CS do vary tremendously. Some really act like you're putting them out by phoning but the lady I got today was extremely helpful and sounded like she meant it! :mysmilie_696:

:mysmilie_698: It's arrived!! Royal Mail this afternoon and my son was in to take delivery. Phew ... :mysmilie_696:

Glad you got your Parcel I have to say my deliveries so far have been fine as I am usually in work they leave them on the back door step.
Mind you reading some of the comments on how little they get paid and how badly treated they are I'm surprised anyone gets their deliveries. The quality of delivery services seems to vary so much across the country we are very lucky that whoever delivers we get a good service and sometime I guess we take it for granted

Just rang QVC CS to complain that the Hermes tracking number was no good on the Hermes website. The lady told me that there was a problem with the barcodes on the TSVs so they were sent Royal Mail not Hermes. Am hoping it might come today! :mysmilie_701:

I must say though that the staff at QVC CS do vary tremendously. Some really act like you're putting them out by phoning but the lady I got today was extremely helpful and sounded like she meant it! :mysmilie_696:

Mine arrived yesterday via R/M, thought is was strange as it said Parcelnet when I ordered.

Yeah the lady on the I.O.W. is really good. But I have never heard that they make such mistakes. Nevertheless I use their service and send my parcels with their help.

Hi, first post

I'm out at work during the day so wouldn't know who my courier was but they leave stuff at the back of the house and that suits me fine. It would be a pain in the neck trying to re arrange delivery. I was aware of the poor conditions the couriers work under and it's another reason I would be loathe to be too harsh on them.

If anyone needs an email address to complain to then use [email protected]
(she's the boss and earning an obscene amount of money each year
lulukeule.gif
).

Also, DO NOT use the expensive phone numbers to call Hermes (Parcelnet as was). Go to saynoto0870.com and search for Hermes.
All the local landline numbers for the depots as well as Head Office will be there
sun_smiley.gif

I know there are some rum couriers out there, but on the whole I think they are probably very hardworking people and it's the internal infrastructure which is more often at fault (I'm speaking as an ex-courier).
Beating_A_Dead_Horse.gif

Last edited:
My Hermes delivery lady is really lovely.

She knows I work full time so usually delivers in the evening when hubby or I will be home.

I spoke to someone from QVC customer services last week and they told me that any item costing over £200.00 will now be delivered by DX Secure.

I had a camera delivered last week and the delivery guy from DX would not let me have it unless I showed him a passport or driving licence. Well, at least he was thorough!

Latest posts

Back