Here you are girls. From LE

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Now don't shout at me because I don't know really know too much about what I am asking, but I'm sure someone may do.
Now when you read on food packets it does say something along the lines of this product does not contain nuts but other products maybe made in the same factory that contains them.
So does this affect the persons using C&P with nut sensitives when other items produced may not be considered safe.

Just a thought :blush:

I was thinking the same - surely a message has to go on all of her products saying that they have been made in an environment where there have been nuts/nut products.

they'll take prop glycol (not the nicest of ingredients) out of the C+P and peeps will hate it even more than the removal of almond milk changes !!!

If i used the range I'd be going for hte man's version if it doens't contain it, it amazes me that they have a factory producing to different lots of this one product at waht must be additional cost. Doesn't make sense.

I am actually glad they changed it or I wouldnt have tried the Boots No 7 one which I prefer and is loads cheaper (espcially when bought with the £5 off vouchers they always give out!). So it is saving me a small fortune!

OK - Taken from Liz's own book Skin Secrets...

'Many people ask whether nut oils can affect allergy sufferers. The eight major allergens include peanuts and tree nuts. Researchers at Southampton University carried out trials on 60 adults allergic to peanuts - which actually aren't nuts, but legumes (like peas). Each adult was fed refiend and unrefined peanut oil. None of the 60 people had a reaction to the refined oil, which removes the proteins that can cause allergic reactions in sensitive people. Six people had a reaction to the unrefined oil. The researchers concluded that that sample of 60 people proves to a very high level of statistical probability that refined peanut oil is safe for peanut allergenic people. The same is believed to be true of real nut oils, such as ALMOND (we always use refined nut oils in Liz Earle formulations, for just this reason) However, I always recommend patch testing new products of any kind and particularly those that contain any traces of nut oil...'

I posted this a while back in another thread on this topic. It's worth reproducing as it is taken from Pants On Fire Earle's latest book Skin Secrets. I am more than a little bit certain after reading this that it is all to do with cost and not to do with allergies. Have a read and see what you think anyhow...

Nice piece of detective work Cavegirl! :wink:

If i used the range I'd be going for hte man's version if it doens't contain it, it amazes me that they have a factory producing to different lots of this one product at waht must be additional cost. Doesn't make sense.

I agree Lady Tia. I've never understood why they can't just fill the blue/green pumps with the men's C&P !!!

Latest posts

Back