Helen the VanDal Lady

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

barbedwire

Registered Shopper
This woman is a genius. She should be on every day.

Just watched a very fun hour with her and Debbie - delightfully whimsical and humourous.

At one point Debbie commented on one of the pairs of shoes - only for a second later, Helen to repeat exactly what Debbie had said, Debbie said 'Yeah, I just said that...' and Helen replied 'Oh, I'm sorry - I got bored while you were talking and drifted off...':grin:

She teased Debbie mercilessly throughout, variously accusing her of liking riding Camels and drinking too much. It was just so funny. I wish she was on more...

Oh and the shoes were actually quite nice.

This woman is a genius. She should be on every day.

Just watched a very fun hour with her and Debbie - delightfully whimsical and humourous.

At one point Debbie commented on one of the pairs of shoes - only for a second later, Helen to repeat exactly what Debbie had said, Debbie said 'Yeah, I just said that...' and Helen replied 'Oh, I'm sorry - I got bored while you were talking and drifted off...':grin:

She teased Debbie mercilessly throughout, variously accusing her of liking riding Camels and drinking too much. It was just so funny. I wish she was on more...

Oh and the shoes were actually quite nice.

didn't see it but I do really like both of the Debbie's - which one was it?

I know a lot here don't like DF but I think she's hilarious, also asks really good questions about products and gets the guests to explain things very well, think I learn more from her shows than any other presenter.

I caught a few minutes of this show and I agree, it was so refreshing to have a guest presenter who doesn't take herself seriously, I wish more of the shows were like that. I caught the camel bit and the bit about having shoes for walking across fields in, as you do. Great fun and nice lady too.

I didn't see the hour but I did see Helen one Sunday morning when she was on with Ann Dawson. It was by far one of the most entertaining and funny hours that I have ever seen on QVC. They should have her on more often; the woman is a treasure.

:giggle:

She was nice wasn't she? Didn't take it all too seriously. Maybe the guests can afford to be a bit lighter about it all when they know that their product is of really good quality & they don't have to try to big it up all of the time as they know people will buy anyway.

Quite sorry I missed this, sounds like a hoot! I agree with you Gemster, I like Debbie Flint too, she often asks the questions I'm pondering at home. I think it's because she doesn't take herself too seriously, she's open to her own embarrassment if you know what I mean. She's also clearly very grateful for the job which I find quite endearing.

Will watch out for Van Dal shoes too, some can be quite nice :up:

Helen used to be (and might still be but I don't watch) on the ITV east anglia region news programme so is experienced in broadcasting and building a good rapport with the others in the studio.

Funnily enough all the laughter and off-topic comments with DG didn't detract from the sale of the shoes, some of which were rather nice.

Linda

I didn't see the hour but I did see Helen one Sunday morning when she was on with Ann Dawson. It was by far one of the most entertaining and funny hours that I have ever seen on QVC. They should have her on more often; the woman is a treasure.

I remember that she was a scream Sadly I missed her this time, she brings a touch of humour like we used to have in the early days of QVC, Its a shame she can't be a presenter on QVC:talking:

I remember that she was a scream Sadly I missed her this time, she brings a touch of humour like we used to have in the early days of QVC, Its a shame she can't be a presenter on QVC:talking:

She would be wonderful. She is obviously a naturally funny person and could present just about anything.

Latest posts

Back