Heard it all now ..............

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
Eh ? do these presenters actually listen to what comes out of their mouths ?

Simon Baguette has just said on the Eek show, "we search the world for the finest fake diamonds".... really ? is glass so rare then ? and him and the guest make me die laughing the way they speak in 'hushed' tones about these bits of costume jewellery.

I agree, there are some lovely designs, but c'mon on, I think suggesting that there are explorers heading expeditions to unchartered parts of the planet for sprinklings of glass is just laughable - (although there is a fly tip near where I live, so who knows what little 'gems' could be unearthed there !) :mysmilie_17:

Diamonique is a QVC own brand. They always said they bought the company that grew the glass in whatever lab. Of course that was the days when it was set in only 14ct gold.

I thought QVC made their own fake diamonds, I seem to remember they were always bragging about making the finest quality imitation diamonds ever made.

I really cannot stand Simon Biagi, he has become a parody of a shopping telly tv presenter without even realising it.

Fake diamonds are everywhere these days. I`ve seen them called Diamonfire, Diamonflash, Diamonique etc and all proclaiming they look like the real thing. CZ overload everywhere and websites and shops refuse to call a spade a spade ie. CZ and try to call a spade a top class, designer, silver plated shovel instead !

He should change his name to Kraft. I bet pickles attach themselves to him when he walks down the condiments isle at Tesco, he really is THAT cheesy.

Yeah I thought too they owned the Company. It was one of QVC first own brands.

Diamonbleek is owned by QVC, it's their own in house brand like Cooks Essentials and Cozee Homes, they said so years ago, I think Cheesy Biagi has spent too much time next to little Richards compost.

As far as I know it is "grown" in labs so why the heck would anyone need to search the world. Especially since Q own the brand.

Exactly so - perfectly put. Why does he shout ?

Who knows. Does anyone remember Smashie and Nicey in the early 90s who parodied outdated radio DJ's of the time? Well Simon Biagi really reminds me of them. Totally faaaab-tastic!

Last edited:
Who knows. Does anyone remember Smashie and Nicey in the early 90s who parodied outdated radio DJ's of the time? Well Simon Biagi really reminds me of them. Totally faaaab-tastic!

Yeah......does a lora good work for charidee!

I just switched over from a News channel and Simon Biagi is on a video doing Winter Trax, absolutely deafening. I had to search for the remote and now Rosa is on with Dale and had to turn it back up, so it must be him not my hearing.

I have some of those Trax, very good I thought although not needed very often.

LOLOLOL! Simon Biagi is as cheesy as a frozen Pizza from Iceland. And as for scouring the world? For cubic zirconia? Methinks Biagi is lying through his teeth! Wish he'd get his chest waxed and just tone down his act a little bit.

As for cubic zirconia, to the best of my knowledge it's just a bit of carbon that's tumbled and squashed at high pressure. QVC own the technology to make it. I remember once when they were promoting the Ascher cut, they showed a tour of the Diamonique factory and even spoke to one of the cutters. He held up a glittering giant Diamonique stone that looked very impressive. It was about the size of a football. I remember thinking it would make a lovely paperweight.

Simon Biagi is awful. Diamonique on the other hand has its place if you want very sparkly faux stones for not too much money. I've got one or two pieces and people always think OH has treated me - as if :mysmilie_17: (although he did buy me a big box of molton brown for Christmas and some tickets to see Elton John :mysmilie_14:)

CC

Fake diamonds are everywhere these days. I`ve seen them called Diamonfire, Diamonflash, Diamonique etc and all proclaiming they look like the real thing. CZ overload everywhere and websites and shops refuse to call a spade a spade ie. CZ and try to call a spade a top class, designer, silver plated shovel instead !

Diamonique and CZ aren't the same thing though. Diamoniique is made up of a different material so not CZ.

LOLOLOL! Simon Biagi is as cheesy as a frozen Pizza from Iceland. And as for scouring the world? For cubic zirconia? Methinks Biagi is lying through his teeth! Wish he'd get his chest waxed and just tone down his act a little bit.

As for cubic zirconia, to the best of my knowledge it's just a bit of carbon that's tumbled and squashed at high pressure. QVC own the technology to make it. I remember once when they were promoting the Ascher cut, they showed a tour of the Diamonique factory and even spoke to one of the cutters. He held up a glittering giant Diamonique stone that looked very impressive. It was about the size of a football. I remember thinking it would make a lovely paperweight.

They used to sell these Julius: http://www.qvc.com/Diamonique-Collectible-Stone-in-Wooden-Display-Box.product.J01153.html

Latest posts

Back