Health & Wellbeing TSV 12/08/19

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

QVC would collect a bulky or heavy item like this if you want to return it; they'll confirm this if you order via the 504030 number.

Candycane, contact CS again and offer to email them a photo of the post office receipt (without sending them the original) and ask whether you should do a charge-back via your credit or debit card. On the whole companies don't seem to like charge-backs so this suggestion has worked for me a few times, most recently Asda sent me a £10 gift card with an immediate refund at the merest mention of a CB. :mysmilie_59:

If you sent it "Signed For" there'll be a 16 digit code but the service isn't tracked per se; it can only say whether or not it's been delivered. An ordinary "proof of posting" from the post office will only show the destination email and details of the time date and weight of the package along with the destination address. I've been selling on ebay for 15 years and never successfully claimed the full cost of a lost item (even when I could prove it was lost in their system; the best I've had is a few stamps so I'd pursue QVC before Royal Mail as the easier nut to crack IME.

There is definitely a 16 digit code on non-Signed For Proof of Posting slips, Akimbo. I have one in front of me from yesterday as I posted something I had sold on eBay, just ordinary second class. I have always had success with my rare Royal Mail claims, I must say. (Hope I’ve not jinxed myself now!)

There is definitely a 16 digit code on non-Signed For Proof of Posting slips, Akimbo. I have one in front of me from yesterday as I posted something I had sold on eBay, just ordinary second class. I have always had success with my rare Royal Mail claims, I must say. (Hope I’ve not jinxed myself now!)

For a long time I always used to get “Signed For” when returning items and one day a CS woman at QVC told me just to ask for “proof of posting” at the post office, it’s free this is all they needed to prove the item was returned, I asked why you had to sign the none receipt letter then and she said it’s just QVCs policy that allows them to investigate and yes you’re right, the proof of postage slip does have a 16 digit code on it. I kicked myself after that for all the money I wasted when there was no need.

For a long time I always used to get “Signed For” when returning items and one day a CS woman at QVC told me just to ask for “proof of posting” at the post office, it’s free this is all they needed to prove the item was returned, I asked why you had to sign the none receipt letter then and she said it’s just QVCs policy that allows them to investigate and yes you’re right, the proof of postage slip does have a 16 digit code on it. I kicked myself after that for all the money I wasted when there was no need.

Sounds like you had a good CS person there, shopperholic! I have a horrible feeling that one day soon Royal Mail will stop providing the code unless you pay the extra £1 for Signed For or similar. I do still sometimes buy Signed For, though, when it’s an item worth over £20, as at least then I have the extra cover if it gets lost or broken in transit.

All this is only helping candycane, however, if she still has the PoP slip. Hope so! Of course, if QVC were less tight and more understanding, there wouldn’t be such an issue. Or better still, if they came into the 21st century with their despatch and returns procedures and had a grasp of what people look for when shopping (like their competitors do, and actually most of their own suppliers when we buy from them direct), we wouldn’t even be talking about this.

I can't exercise as one side of my body doesn't work properly. I also have terrible balance.

I bought something like this second-hand from a friend a few years ago and use it regularly. She was expecting to lose a stone a month by just standing on it for 5 minutes a day. Her Facebook friend swore by hers and credited it as the key to her 4 stone weight loss - the same FB friend who was working for a gym selling them :wonder:

I've been amazed how well it's worked at not just helping my balance, but actually improving it a lot. I obviously can't tell if it helps improve bone density but the blurb says yes. I love it as just helping my balance prevents the falls I was having which makes me less likely to break any more bones dense or not.

Bless you, it's obvious from the way you've written this post how your life has been improved by a piece of exercise equipment. I hope your health continues to improve.

Sounds like you had a good CS person there, shopperholic! I have a horrible feeling that one day soon Royal Mail will stop providing the code unless you pay the extra £1 for Signed For or similar. I do still sometimes buy Signed For, though, when it’s an item worth over £20, as at least then I have the extra cover if it gets lost or broken in transit.

All this is only helping candycane, however, if she still has the PoP slip. Hope so! Of course, if QVC were less tight and more understanding, there wouldn’t be such an issue. Or better still, if they came into the 21st century with their despatch and returns procedures and had a grasp of what people look for when shopping (like their competitors do, and actually most of their own suppliers when we buy from them direct), we wouldn’t even be talking about this.

I shopped with QVC for the first twenty years, it was about the tenth year I was told to get a free proof of postage slip but believe me, I certainly seen a difference in CS staff the following ten years, and then I closed my account because for me, the prices and service became abysmal. It’s always been hit and miss which CS member you got, can be anything from a couldn’t give a toss jobsworth right up to helpful.

I shopped with QVC for the first twenty years, it was about the tenth year I was told to get a free proof of postage slip but believe me, I certainly seen a difference in CS staff the following ten years, and then I closed my account because for me, the prices and service became abysmal. It’s always been hit and miss which CS member you got, can be anything from a couldn’t give a toss jobsworth right up to helpful.

Very much hit and miss. It doesn’t help that they are constrained by their employer’s methods but some do at least try to work around it for you. Others are more “computer says no”.

I generally stick with the proof of posting receipt but the Post Office really push the signed for service.They even once wrote on my proof of posting receipt that signed for had been advised but declined.This is why I am very picky now with using QVC as it is even more expense with returns.I send items back to other retailers for free without all this fuss.

I generally stick with the proof of posting receipt but the Post Office really push the signed for service.They even once wrote on my proof of posting receipt that signed for had been advised but declined.This is why I am very picky now with using QVC as it is even more expense with returns.I send items back to other retailers for free without all this fuss.

I’ve always used proof of posting and not once have I ever been challenged on it, your Post Office shouldn’t be trying to force you to get something you don’t want, it was probably more for their benefit though than yours and told to try and push other services they offer.

I’ve always used proof of posting and not once have I ever been challenged on it, your Post Office shouldn’t be trying to force you to get something you don’t want, it was probably more for their benefit though than yours and told to try and push other services they offer.

Just a note on the refund thing. I phoned them yesterday and they didn't have the item but today I have had an email saying I've been refunded so maybe they did have it after all and just hadn't actioned it. If I stop buying things I neither need or really want then this won't happen again!

CC

Just a note on the refund thing. I phoned them yesterday and they didn't have the item but today I have had an email saying I've been refunded so maybe they did have it after all and just hadn't actioned it. If I stop buying things I neither need or really want then this won't happen again!

CC

It’s probably been logged in overnight as they’ve got it back. The longer they can keep hold of peoples money, the more interest they make. I wouldn’t trust QVC if they said today is Sunday, I’d have to get a second opinion.

It’s probably been logged in overnight as they’ve got it back. The longer they can keep hold of peoples money, the more interest they make. I wouldn’t trust QVC if they said today is Sunday, I’d have to get a second opinion.

:mysmilie_17:

I think the Q met their match with you as a customer!

:mysmilie_17:

I think the Q met their match with you as a customer!

Oh yeah!! :mysmilie_17:

I just don’t like people being taken advantage of, I’ve always been the same. QVC send my BS meter off the scale. :mysmilie_19:

Powerfit Vibrating Fitness Plate with Resistance Bands
Item Number: 402458
QVC Price £288.00
Todays Special Value Price £189.00
P&P £9.95

The Powerfit Vibrating Fitness Plate features multi-directional, oscillating vibration technology to help engage your muscles and promote a fitter, more toned body in conjunction with a healthy lifestyle. Complete with a variety of different settings, a handy remote control and two resistance bands to help you work out your arms, this plate will help you to tone up in the comfort of your own home, whether you're a complete beginner or looking to enhance your fitness routine.
*A great saving: If you were to buy this Powerfit Fitness Plate directly from JML you’d pay £299.99. So for our Today's Special Value price of just £189, plus P&P, you’re saving an incredible £101.04.

Make your work out smarter - upgrade your fitness regime with this clever plate, which vibrates up to 50 times a second, helping to target all areas of your body and give your muscles a work-out as you stand on it. Used in conjunction with a healthy diet and regular exercise, this plate can promote a fitter, more toned body with just a few minutes of use per day.

Tone up anywhere - with its portable, compact design, this fitness plate allows you to use it anywhere, whether you're watching TV, listening to music or even working at a standing desk. With so many opportunities to use it, you'll find less excuses not to work out and you won't always have to go to the gym.

Easy and safe - the fitness plate offers you a non-impact method of training that's gentle on your joints, ankles and hips, making it a safe work out method that won't strain your body. Its tactile remote control also makes it effortless to use, as you have all the controls in the palm of your hand, plus you can monitor your progress with it.

What's in the box?

1 x Powerfit Vibrating Fitness Plate
2 x resistance bands
1 x workout guide
1 x 1 year manufacturer's guarantee

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.402458

£9.95 postage! I'll continue with the dog walking for exercise but I've no doubt this will help some people.

CC

I see Rae Carpenter ex Gems TV is doing it. Funny that Alex is on the 11 o'clock hour. Reunion of ex Gems presenters

I see Rae Carpenter ex Gems TV is doing it. Funny that Alex is on the 11 o'clock hour. Reunion of ex Gems presenters

Thank you! I just put QVC on for a peek at this and KNEW I knew the lady presenting it, but couldn't for the life of me place her!

I used to watch Gems when I was first ill - before it got insanely annoying (not that long to be fair!) but seem to remember that Rae was one of the classier presenters.

She just said on QVC that she's lost 6 stone (she didn't add but perhaps should've done that it wasn't linked to the vibrating plate!), well when I last saw her maybe 9 years ago, she was super-slim so she must've gained about 5/6 stone and lost it in that time!

Must say she seemed to come across and present very well on this fitness item...

Whilst typing that, CBD oil presentation has come on. Know it's been discussed elsewhere whether QVC should be selling this etc, but I can't believe Jilly just took some live on air! It didn't add anything, was completely unecessary and to me, just minimised the whole concept of taking it as if it was just a minor herbal tincture which it isn't!

Sorry but Q can be so blase about things.
Jilly just added that the CBD was the best and completely "tried and tested"...! The point is that CBD is NOT sufficiently tried and tested at all!
It can and does help some people and this brand does seem have gone to trouble to source responsibly etc but still..!

Latest posts

Back