Have I got out of the wrong side of the bed?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

misschris

Registered Shopper
I watched QVC late into the night and saw most of the L'Oc TSV launch. Call me moody or touchy but I chuntered to myself throughout the show. Mainly about AY's presentation and the way her descriptions and statements get confused (as well) The way she simply lists any female relation as the perfect recipient of any item. The words in her sentences come out in the wrong order ( Me Ali Young, your Resident Beauty Expert for you) (WTF?)

Added to that, Alexis saying BergamoNt instead of Bergamot. The rattling of her numerous bangles against the glass bowl as she washes her hands in the many soaps and gels in the TSV (Is it only me who gets annoyed when I can't hear the product info for the jingle jangle of her bangles?) I was so peed off I decided to go to sleep.

Switched on the TV this morning to hear AD screeching about how fantastic Kimmy's fashion is. Looked up at the TV to see the most gaudy patterns both floral and paisley. Eek ! Got to stay away from QVC today.

The bergamont thing really irritates me too. Does she not realise and is there nobody who dare tell her? It's really not worth bothering about but it does annoy me!

Also the talk of giving the TSV to families, would you really have L'Occitane shower gels for teenage boys to use? It just seems like a total waste of money to me as I don't think they would appreciate it.

Yes all the bangles and bracelets annoy me too , she does it Everytime and seems to have more on every time , no idea why she hasn't been told about it before now.

No you are not alone - I hate the noise the bangles make when Alexis washes her hands. It really, really annoys me. Mind you I do feel grumpy today. :sad:

Have I got out of the wrong side of the bed?

I think I must have done the same....I just checked on QVC and there is not one show that I want to watch today. Still I suppose I should be pleased as my flexi friend is safe....

The BERGAMONT thing drives me up the wall. You would honestly think that someone in her position would know what it is actually called. The bangles are very irritating, as well as clanking on the bowls they are also making a racket on the glass table. I am also sick of hearing them wittering on about splitting up the TSV for teachers gifts. Who on earth could afford to spend anything like that for a teacher? 'Give the large shower gel to the teacher and one of the smaller items to the teaching assistant' Alexis said. Yeah right, course I will!!!!!

I was brought up in an age where you didn't give all and sundry gifts at Christmas. No-one could afford it for a start. As for teachers presents, I've never understood THAT one. If all the kids in the class buy teachy a pressy, then there must be a pantechnicon outside to take the stash home ! In fact, if this is the norm, then it must take the teacher a week to open everything. I understand it all happens again at the end of the school year.... er WHY ??? I'm no scrooge, I give my milkman and posty a 'Christmas box' for coming out in all weathers, and their salary is nothing like a teachers.

As for the mispronunciation of BERGAMOT, another classic is the distinction between BRought and BOught. I'm driven nuts by a couple of friends who insist on telling me of their shopping expeditions and what they have BRought !!!! grrrrr !

I fell asleep last night half seven, wide awake half one. Put Q on and groaned. Decided to get on with the dishes I'd left earlier and DD holiday washing all over the kitchen floor in sorted piles. There is only so much Q I can stand and throughout the night my threshold was nil. Saw the delights of the NailsInc repeat with AD and her daughter though but the L'Occ I gave a wide berth.

My daughter's school is in the sort of catchment area where some parents can't afford presents for their own bairns even, nor do the teachers expect it. This really irritates me, making it seem as if it's the norm to give their teachers presents in order to curry favour/make up for being a little **** all year. It isn't. We never did in our day, or in our children's. This is an inexcusable marketing ploy, aimed at struggling young families and I wish they'd stop it.

:angry:

edited for brevity

Last edited:
I hate the bergamont rubbish as well, so annoying.

I had to switch off last night over the bangle noise, I couldn't take it anymore. How could she not notice it herself, nevermind need to be told?! Just common sense, if you're going to be dunking hands in and out of a glass bowl, don't wear 42 bracelets every time!

YEP! the BergamoNt thing really grates on me too...and it is not just Alexis who says it, but Leighton Denny too....... surely, if you are talking about ingredients in your products, you could at least get them right...............:mysmilie_51:

I find bangles clattering together infuriating in general, let alone on someone demonstrating hand creams on tv.

YEP! the BergamoNt thing really grates on me too...and it is not just Alexis who says it, but Leighton Denny too....... surely, if you are talking about ingredients in your products, you could at least get them right...............:mysmilie_51:

Makes you wonder what all these teachers who get the gifts are doing for their money - certainly not teaching correct pronunciation to some of the population !! he ! he ! he !

Im sure the sound department (if there is one) goes mad when they hear the clinking!

Another one who doesn't like bergamot and while we are at it - Alison Young always says paintnet!!!

How about SPF Factor, facial area, eye area, neck area, nail area, for you. Yes I also got out of the wrong side of the bed today :mysmilie_17:

Agree with all of the above re annoyances and I'm chipping in about teachers gifts. I'm a teaching assistant in a primary school and most years the class rep does a whip round and, if they want to, the parents put in £1 for me and £2 for the teacher which the rep buys us each a gift voucher with. I never expect any gifts for doing my job, but always appreciate what I'm given and the fact I'm appreciated. There is no way a parent would spend up on QVC for me though!

Latest posts

Back