Hashtag Stop Stop stop with the twatter

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

They should ban the iPad on air and we can watch certain presenters crumble because they haven't got one to hang on to or refer to all the time. Fair enough if they are used to ask the guest a question that has been sent in, but the majority are totally irrelevant. Maybe some presenters think it makes them look more 'with it' and popular when 'friends' tweet in, but it just makes me switch channels.

I don't think that anyone would mind if they confined it to a short period of time devoted to Q&A (only those relevant to the products) but using it as a clique and taking up an unreasonable amount of time throughout the show without imparting useful info is not what we want.

As soon as Doris from wherever phones in I dive for the mute so for me the twatting is just the same only more clicky.

LOL!!! Not big on social media and personally don't really see a lot of harm if people want to communicate with the presenters to discuss their fav products etc!!
My biggest gripe is the SAME NAMES being read out every other show, as that's what makes seem FAKE..........would the real STACEY please stand UP!??? :mysmilie_17::mysmilie_61::mysmilie_378:

I think Doris (and Kerry from somewhere) are very busy - and very rich - people! The same first names, amongst others, get read out on Gems and Q all the time, they must be buying non-stop, 24/7.
As soon as Doris from wherever phones in I dive for the mute so for me the twatting is just the same only more clicky.

I have occasionally tweeted a presenter a question, but only when I genuinely need an answer to a question - something like an allergy to nuts, or a specific beauty chemical. It doesn't make me buy more from QVC if the tweet is read out and answered though. I never buy from QVC. I use it for research purposes then buy elsewhere, like EBay or Amazon ;-)

In the very early days of Qvc, long before facebook, twitter etc. and even texting in, because not everyone had a mobile phone back then...they asked people to phone in to speak to the presenters, as they still do sometimes.
I watched it a lot in those days because it was all so new. Anyway, there were 3 regular callers that were always phoning in to speak to whoever was presenting, they were on air so often that I even remember there names to this day!! :mysmilie_17: they became really sycophantic, and were quite nauseating in there praise of all things Q. eventually they appeared to have been blocked from coming through, I don't know that, but that's how it seemed.
Debbie Flint's groups always remind me of those three, and are the modern day version of them.

Yes, I remember those days too and enjoyed the Q all the same, LOL!!!
There are about half a dozen people who constantly send in photos, tweets, fbook posts etc. I just find it quite funny, if a bit sad, that their life is revolved around QVC and it's presenters!!!??

In this modern world of social media there is no harm in some form of communicating but........:mysmilie_17:

It doesn't only happen on Q. I'm a D/Express reader and dear Lord, the same names in the Letters page turn up on a weekly basis !!! I could recite them all here and now, they're so ingrained in my brain - how sad is that ??? I sometimes wonder if there are only 20 of us throughout the whole Country who actually buy the Express; although I think the answer is more like its easier to get a letter published in the Express rather than the Mail.

Know exactly what you mean, brissles and have thought exactly the same! And just one of them who appears EVERY WEEK it seems is Lynne E...... from a place in Essex!

It doesn't only happen on Q. I'm a D/Express reader and dear Lord, the same names in the Letters page turn up on a weekly basis !!! I could recite them all here and now, they're so ingrained in my brain - how sad is that ??? I sometimes wonder if there are only 20 of us throughout the whole Country who actually buy the Express; although I think the answer is more like its easier to get a letter published in the Express rather than the Mail.

Latest posts

Back