Hang you heads in shame Q bosses...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

BurlyBeaR

Registered Shopper
Because Next.co.uk are now able to offer same day, yes SAME DAY delivery for items ordered before 12 noon.

You can also choose to have an evening delivery (6pm to 9.30pm) on a weekday of your choice.

Both options are £6.99.

Next use Hermes in my area. Just shows what can be done if the will is there. Hmmmm?

...and I bet the stuff from NEXT comes properly packed too and reasonably crease free. I was looking at the James Lakeland dresses just now, lovely, but very expensive and with the same P&P that NEXT are offering for delivery. 3-5 working days and knowing QVC it'll be stuffed into a blue bag, creased to buggery and probably stinking of Capstan full strength.

I suspect they'd be weary of doing this, especially with TSVs because people could potentially phone the studio, while the item was still airing and say it was absolute shoite.

They're unlikely to change - not because they can't, but because such a high proportion of their revenue comes from P&P. Providing these sorts of services would cost them much more and eat into their profit margins. Unless we'd be willing to swallow £12 or so for postage...

QVC must be one of the very few companies charging per item instead of per order but I think the title of the thread should really be 'Hang your head in shame Q shoppers', as the only way QVC would change this would be if people started voting with their feet, or with their mouse should I say....! :taphead:

As for QVC's pathetic claims of warehouse picking issues, don't tell me you keep items of different colours at opposite ends of the damn warehouse, how hard can it be to pick up one blue something & one pink something & put them in the same ruddy box? Even us stupid, untrained plebs can manage to do that when we're shuffling zombie like round the freezing wastelands of the Ikea warehouse section! :dull:

"Warehouse picking issues" - is that what they say? Sounds like they need to employ someone from Amazon...

I know why the post and package is so expensive. Jill F has just told us she has 500 of Mally"s mascara left, so obviously she"s

keeping it in her "house" and has to pack and post the parcels herself :talking:

I know why the post and package is so expensive. Jill F has just told us she has 500 of Mally"s mascara left, so obviously she"s

keeping it in her "house" and has to pack and post the parcels herself :talking:

Oh that made me laugh out loud, she'd get in such a state doing that as she is a "girly girl" and might chip a nail and "hellooo" it would be "soo" complicated sorting out the names and addresses.

i loathe high postage prices but qvc employ people from liverpool to answer the phone,deal with customers services and the warehouse staff are employed here to. if the prices are really a lot more expensive then i wont pay over the odds so i will compare prices.
keeping people employed is important so i will support that.....up to a point!

when my pay day arrives I often have a little spree on Amazon where amazingly they can despatch about 5 or so items to me from various departments all in one well packed parcel and deliver it free of charge in about 4 days. This is one of the reasons that QVC has lost a lot of my custom, I have only made three purchases with them this year and September is on the horizon. I had that easy pay code and have been browsing and there are a few things that caught my eye but I'm dammed if I am going to cough up another tenner at least to have three items sent to me.

Latest posts

Back