Hand wash recommendations?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I really like the L'occitaine Lemon Verbena handwash, it leaves a nice scent in the bathroom when you've used it and also on your hands.

I have to second this - and it's the only liquid hand wash that doesn't immediately make my hands feel really dry.

I'm using Radox clean and protect, buy one get one free, from The 'T' supermarket at the moment.

I so wanted to like the Bayliss & Harding range which I bought from our local chemist but they left my hands feeling very dry and rough so I built up a stock of Molton Brown and L'Occitane when I spotted bargain prices.

New Look have gift sets of Bayliss & Harding instore atm & they are made up to look like Molton Brown with their boxes & ribbon round them.
When I tried them several years ago I thought they smelt nice but weren't as good as MB.

l'occitane handwash

l'occitane sell refill pouches of thier liquid soaps. also the reason why they are so gentle is that they contain no sodiun laurel sulphates.these are £8

I use good old Carex 99p a bottle lol the way my kids use it i wont pay alot and it doesnt make my hands dry bonus lol
Sorry i carnt justify paying £20 odd quid for handwash plus i carnt afford to would love to though if i was loaded lol

Wish I could! Unfortunately Carex (as good as I know it should be) made my hands crack horribly - I think I was allergic to it! The place I used to work in had it and I had to take my own handwash into the loos with me!

Thanks everyone!

Lots to think about - I think I'll trial a few. Can't have too may options, right?
I shall audition the best one for my planned Christmas party!

I'm allergic to SLS and other things in soap, finding A'kin's handwashes OK and about £5 a bottle.

When i can afford it, i love L'Occitane verbena liquid soap or Molton Brown Naran Ji but when things are tight you cant beat tescos own magnolia pump action soap. i just peel of the label and let the smell speak for itself!

I love the l'occitane handwashes and they last for yonks the one I'm using at the moment I got before xmas last year and its just coming to the end now but my new fave is the LE handwash I love it

Seeing as the other thread was closed and I cannot stick up for myself on there, I felt critised for swearing by antibacterial soap. It was mentioned what is the point of using it if that as soon as a door is touched etc. the action is lost. I use it for just before cooking and keeping the kids a little cleaner and looking after them - thats why I try and use it in the home, like this thread is showing, we all use soap for whatever what reasons we want.

l'occitane sell refill pouches of thier liquid soaps. also the reason why they are so gentle is that they contain no sodiun laurel sulphates.these are £8

I didn't know L'occitane did the refills. Thank you Boffy:) for this info, I'll buy the refills from now on.
My daughter and I both love L'occitane Almond. They lasts and lasts. I am also trying out LE's new handwash and it's lovely.

I tried the M & S one but found it drying. Currently using Dove beauty cream and wash for hands at 99p from Home Bargains in the bathroom and a Palmolive one with shea butter in the kitchen. We're finding both are good.

I used to use the anti-bacterial ones too, but they break my handsup. I have also come to the conclusion that to much antibacterial actually does my kids more harm than good. A good dose of dirt is good for you I reckon......Unless you visit a hospital then give me as much antibacterial hand gel as possible, and if the containers are empty I will complain.

Can't give any particular recommendations for a soap, but I can for a method. Pampered chef do refilable dispensers that produce foam from a mixture of 1 part liquid soap to 10 parts water. The kids use less and don't make such a mess with it. So even on a budget you can afford a slightly nicer soap cause it lasts longer!

The thing is though, I thought the kids wouldn't manage the pampered chef ones, so I bought the childrens foam pump ones with the bigger tops from the supermarket and have been successfully washing them out and topping them up to the pampered chef ratio (with something a bit more moisturising in some, and halos n horns in others) for over a year now and they're working just fine.

Seeing as the other thread was closed and I cannot stick up for myself on there, I felt critised for swearing by antibacterial soap. It was mentioned what is the point of using it if that as soon as a door is touched etc. the action is lost. I use it for just before cooking and keeping the kids a little cleaner and looking after them - thats why I try and use it in the home, like this thread is showing, we all use soap for whatever what reasons we want.

I'm not fussed by all that antibac stuff but I have to admit I do keep a bottle of the handwash by the sink and use it when cooking, too. There's something very satisfying about using it when you've just handled raw chicken, or have just fed the cat...:11:

I'm not fussed by all that antibac stuff but I have to admit I do keep a bottle of the handwash by the sink and use it when cooking, too. There's something very satisfying about using it when you've just handled raw chicken, or have just fed the cat...:11:

I think the anti-bacterial soap is essential after handling raw chicken but then I'm paranoid about that since my OH had an extremely bad bout of raw chicken-related food poisioning at Xmas! The anti-bac is also essential when you've had your hands in the tropical fish tank :11:

I use Dove handwash in the bathroom and it's one of the few that doesn't dry my hands out.

Latest posts

Back