H by Halston Fashion TSV 14/07/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

NO POCKETS !!!

Have been caught before by a great looking jacket, then I find I've got to have a bag to stash 'stuff'. So its a no go for me.

The sizing is really strange on the Halston one. Their size 22 is a 44" bust which would be a size 18 usually. I don`t know if it has any stretch in it because I only saw glimpses of it but it did look kind of tight on the arms on some models. Not much good for anybody with chubby upper arms I shouldn`t think.

According to the delivery info on the site, "delivery charges are determined on the weight of the entire parcel (not per item) and start from just £3.95", which is reasonable, I think.

I am partial to a bit of skinflintery myself. Then I also like a bit of a splurge, like the odd designer handbag which I can then justify (in my tiny mind).

Yes that's what I've paid p&p when I've bought something and yes Andi, we're two skinflinters together. :mysmilie_3:

Thanks for the sizing advice, too. I don't blame you for buying something else - you know you are worth it!

Aw and you are too, why shouldn't you buy a designer bag? there only so much skinflinten we can do. :mysmilie_17:

The sizing is really strange on the Halston one. Their size 22 is a 44" bust which would be a size 18 usually. I don`t know if it has any stretch in it because I only saw glimpses of it but it did look kind of tight on the arms on some models. Not much good for anybody with chubby upper arms I shouldn`t think.

the fabric stretches and is quite a thick sweat fabric. i agree the chest is tiny but i am sure it will look nice on. it should be quite fitted :mysmilie_59:

I wouldn`t have known which size to go for my normal 14 which in this would have been too small or a 16 where the measurements were more like mine

They are having one of their useless polls about what you can't do without in your wardrobe. Out of the choices a crisp white shirt is last and the presenters are all saying how hard it is to wear and laundry, yet in the next breath everything goes with the same "crisp white shirt" and a "little pump".

My TSVs just arrived I'm a 14 but with boobs so based on the measurements I ordered a 16 and an 18. Both fit but the 18 looks best fastened so I'm returning the 16. I went for the blue and it's lovely. It seems well constructed, so I'll wear it as a jacket while it's warm and in place of a cardi in the Winter (I always look a bit mumsy in a cardi) so as long as it washes well I'm v pleased!

Anyone desperate for a blue size 16, PM me asap and if you cover the extra postage I'd be happy to sell it to you. Otherwise I'll return it under DSR on Monday.

My TSVs just arrived I'm a 14 but with boobs so based on the measurements I ordered a 16 and an 18. Both fit but the 18 looks best fastened so I'm returning the 16. I went for the blue and it's lovely. It seems well constructed, so I'll wear it as a jacket while it's warm and in place of a cardi in the Winter (I always look a bit mumsy in a cardi) so as long as it washes well I'm v pleased!

Anyone desperate for a blue size 16, PM me asap and if you cover the extra postage I'd be happy to sell it to you. Otherwise I'll return it under DSR on Monday.

Oh dear sizing doesn't sound good for me .I ordered a size 14 because the presenter said normal sizing.I am a 14 so looks like its going to be too small. oh well I will see.I ordered the black.

I could fasten the 16 but it was pulling across the chest. Though to be fair I probably wouldn't fasten it to the neck anyway.

Sizing seemed stingy, to say the least. I think I'd have struggled to fit in even the largest size, so perhaps it's as well I missed out. I did like it though and hope we'll see more from this range.

What does everyone think of theirs? I sized up to a 14 because of the chest measurement. It fits on the body but the shoulders are huge. I look like a throwback to the Dallas/Dynasty days. I think it'll probably be going back x

What does everyone think of theirs? I sized up to a 14 because of the chest measurement. It fits on the body but the shoulders are huge. I look like a throwback to the Dallas/Dynasty days. I think it'll probably be going back x

I'm bought my usual size 14 rather than by their measurements ( which would have meant a 16 or 18 ) I'm happy with the fit so keeping mine

Only issue is that the nice thick sweatshirt material jacket arrived on the hottest day of the year ?!! No doubt will be able too o give it a real wearing in a few days when the weather returns from o Kemal damp and miserable 😀

I got size 14 my normal size and it is good .it is snug when done up but its supposed to be fitted and there is some give in it. I probably won't wear it done up.If I ordered a 16 the shoulders and sleeves would have been too big .im happy with it ,but won't be wearing it until things cool down bit. The quality seems good.

i am a high street size 22 and bought a size 22 in the black. its a lovely fit and the black is a rich extra dark black. i like the thickness of the fabric and that will make the jacket lie right,paticularly the collar it looks lovely on and when you wash it it will give a bit more in the wash. it has ribbed sides these will loosen up. the fit imo is spot on and i am a 40g bra so very big busted

Oh dear sizing doesn't sound good for me .I ordered a size 14 because the presenter said normal sizing.I am a 14 so looks like its going to be too small. oh well I will see.I ordered the black.

the black is gorgeous rich and sumptious

Latest posts

Back