Guest collapses, presenter keeps on selling..... Shocking

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Just shows how presenters have every vestige of humanity hammered out of them and it's all about the sale. Never make the mistake of thinking they care ~ I'm talking to you, T callers!

Good grief, they must have it drilled into them to carry on to the bitter end come what may. Theres a clip somewhere of two women on a shopping channel and one vomits or something.

Good grief, they must have it drilled into them to carry on to the bitter end come what may. Theres a clip somewhere of two women on a shopping channel and one vomits or something.

that's probably the one of the presenter herself, who throws up and carries on. more than once. prob had the producer yelling in her ear to get on with it.

I am sure there is a thread with the same video and a discussion about it. In that video, that presenter comes back after a few minutes and then faints again.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/dUyb6qk_tGU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I am sory of a bit dumb this morning but I can hear the presenter in the clip asking if she is ok before they go to the still clip. I think that was handled rather well as I am not sure I want the world to see me passing out live on TV, and I would be mortified if the presenter gave a blow by blow account of what was happening rather then carry on with the spiel of selling. Giving details of what is wrong can also not always be done straight away as medical staff have to be called (at least I assume that was done?) and diagnostics can take a long time. Maybe I am missing the point here?

Last edited:
I agree with wild rose. There would have been many in the studio to help her and I, for one, would not like to have had a drama made about it, if I had fainted on T.V.I guess it could be upsetting to some viewers too, to see her hauled off.
I'm sure I remember Paul Lavers fainting on QVCUK and everyone just carried on.....?

Of course the viewers don't need to watch the first aiders rushing around but to continue selling is just wrong and gives an appalling impression. They should have done what they do when a hiccup happens live and just switch to a still shot of the item or one of the many trailer clips they show between items.

If she had flaked out off-camera then fine, but given that the audience clearly saw her collapse before they cut to the pack shot I think it's ridiculous not to mention it.

Latest posts

Back