GTECH - any opinions?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

louise66

Registered Shopper
I bought my mum Tthe Gtech rechargeable sweeper in bottle green and am. rtegrettably, considering binning it. Despite the length of time for which we charge it, it does not seem to fully power up, or last very long. Has anyone else out there had this same problem? I don't know whether to get her another Gtech, or try another brand.

btw, anyone know if tonight's tsv is another sweeper?:cheeky:

Yep tonights TSV is a Gtech Sweeper

Gtech Premium Lightweight Germguard Sweeper with Auto Recharging Stand
Item Number: 800400
QVC Price £44.00
Today's Special Value Price £34.98
Availability In stock
UK P&P £6.45

Gtech Premium Sweeper with auto recharging stand. This lightweight floor sweeper features innovative antibacterial protection at key touch points to help reduce the spread of germs, and the new floor mounted charger ensures it's always ready to use. Take everyday cleaning to a new level with this easy-to-manoeuvre bagless cleaner.

Power when you need it - Simply dock the sweeper into the charging unit after use and the battery will top itself up, leaving it ready to be used again. Features a safety cut-off that stops charging at full power.

* Cordless lightweight design with steering joint for cleaning hard to reach areas
* Suitable for all floor types - moves effortlessly from one type to another
* Germguard - helps protect against up to 99.9% of bacteria such as E-coli and MRSA
* 6v rechargeable battery (up to 30 minutes run time)
* Charge time: 240 minutes; run time: 45 minutes
* Removable dust tray (0.5 litre capacity)
* Removable visor and handle - for easy stair cleaning
* Edge cleaning wheel
* Weight: 1.6kg

Colours available:

* Red
* Stone
* Black

Contains:

* 1 x Gtech Premium Sweeper
* 1 x auto recharging docking station
* 1 x instruction manual

All measurements are approximate

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.800400

I bought my mum Tthe Gtech rechargeable sweeper in bottle green and am. rtegrettably, considering binning it. Despite the length of time for which we charge it, it does not seem to fully power up, or last very long. Has anyone else out there had this same problem? I don't know whether to get her another Gtech, or try another brand.

Don't know what brand it was, but my mother-in-law fancied one of these to keep upstairs & save her carrying her normal vacuum cleaner.
Total waste of money & nothing but a glorified Ewbank.
It wouldn't even pick up feathers in the end.

Is Jilly Halliday screeching tonight or is it my delicate, shell-like ears?

Ive got a gtech in blue. I like it. I did only pay £15 from the outlet store though, not sure I'd pay full whack.

I have a green one which I bought about 3 years ago as everyone raved about it on here and it is fantastic. I use it every morning to whizz around the lounge (carpet) and kitchen (tiles). I then only use my vacuum cleaner once a week to jobs thorough job. I have broken the handle twice on it and got a replacement from gtech direct really cheap and their customer service is excellent.

Would not be without it now and I would say it is one of my best buys from qvc. In fact I am thinking of buying the tsv today to upgrade my old one.

Just echoing what rosey posted, I have the blue one and it's a real asset, you have to keep on top of charging it properly and it has terrible static qualities but it's really impressive. This tsv's P&P is taking the michael though, disgusting.

It sounds as if I have the same one in green with two speeds. I don't use it anymore as the charge takes forever and lasts no time at all. I also think the dust container is far too small for anything than little kitchen accidents and has to be emptied every couple of minutes.

Don't know what brand it was, but my mother-in-law fancied one of these to keep upstairs & save her carrying her normal vacuum cleaner.
Total waste of money & nothing but a glorified Ewbank.
It wouldn't even pick up feathers in the end.

Something without suction will pick up things which aren't stuck to the carpet like dry cereal etc. As you say a glorified Ewbank, without the effort of having to push it.

As I found to my cost it is possible to overcharge these sweepers and that means the charge lasts less and less. I fried the brains of my first Gtech as I kept forgetting it was plugged in and then it only swept for seconds before giving up. Trying to be more careful with my present blue one as I love it and use it most days.

I absolutely swear by mine as does my very skeptical (sp) OH. We each use it at least once a day and it's fantastic for just grabbing to sweep up crumbs and bits etc. The amount it picks up is amazing. I started with a green one about 5 years ago, then got the stone dual speed version and now 'upgrading' even though the stone one is still working well. Every home should have one!!!

I bought my mum one but she took one look at it and turned her nose up. "doesn't sound very powerful". I meant to send it back, never got round to it and ended up keeping it. It's actually really good. Mines the purple one with the handle that bends in the middle to get under furniture. Charge lasts ages, in fact it's never run out on me. I only charge it once in a while but use it for a couple of minutes every day.

I had the green one with two speeds. It took forever to charge and the charge did not last long enough to do one room. It was one of the worse household items that I have ever bought.

I now have the Rowenta stick vacuum from John Lewis and it is excellent.

I put mine on charge in the morning and turn it off when I get in from work. Being careful not to overcharge it as I read on here that some people had burned theirs out by leaving them on charge. This charge will last me for a couple of weeks and I use it nearly everyday for about 5 mins, which is enough for a quick go around downstairs. The dirt container I empty every 3-4 days and it plenty big enough for me. Obviously we don't make lots of mess :cheeky:

With the tsv it looks like you can keep it on charge ready for use - which looks good to me.

I have a green one which I bought about 3 years ago as everyone raved about it on here and it is fantastic. I use it every morning to whizz around the lounge (carpet) and kitchen (tiles). I then only use my vacuum cleaner once a week to jobs thorough job. I have broken the handle twice on it and got a replacement from gtech direct really cheap and their customer service is excellent.

Thanks for this, Rosey.
Broke the handle on mine a couple of weeks ago and never dawned on me I could get it replaced. Now ordered.
:clapping:
Love my GTech, used most days. 3 years old and still going strong.
:rock:

I think the battery packs aren't designed to last very long, I gather new ones can be purchased directly from Gtech.
The instructions with the sweeper now do indicate you should not exceed the stated charge time limit.
I think it has been said on previous threads it's better to completely discharge the battery prior to recharging.
All of which is totally not what we did with our old one but instead placing it on charge all the time, so it was ready to go when needed.
I haven't as yet watched a presentation of the TSV but I gather from a quick glimpse to check what the TSV was at midnight, that it comes with a recharge dock.
A recharge dock for me is quite worrying, could this not easily lead to overcharging?

i bought the last two gtech sweepers that were tsv's and i have broken both of mine both had problems with the batteries i realise now i probably over charged them, but i broke both handles and bought replacements from gtech direct, i really loved them when they worked they were great, i have 3 cats and 2 dogs (oh and them 3 kids!) and my house is furry so, i think its the fur that contributed to the breakdowns too, i would love to find a sweeper that was reliable as i now use my Miele everyday and its quite heavy (although brilliant with fur, still going strong after 5 years daily use too)i have fybromyalgia and its a real struggle at times so, any recommendations? but am dubious about buying another gtech

I am tempted by this (despite trying to give up QVC) because I actually need it, if it is as good as the demo.

I tried to price compare on-line, but couldn't do so without the model number (there are loads of different ones).

Rang CS, it is an SW23, but google doesn't find this one anywhere.

The nearest seems to be SW20, which seems to be more expensive than the TSV, but it has a bigger battery (7.2V not 6V for the TSV) so should be more powerful and last longer.

I put mine on charge in the morning and turn it off when I get in from work. Being careful not to overcharge it as I read on here that some people had burned theirs out by leaving them on charge. This charge will last me for a couple of weeks and I use it nearly everyday for about 5 mins, which is enough for a quick go around downstairs. The dirt container I empty every 3-4 days and it plenty big enough for me. Obviously we don't make lots of mess :cheeky:

With the tsv it looks like you can keep it on charge ready for use - which looks good to me.

OMG I feel like a real mucky mare now!! Perhaps I should say that I wanted mine primarily to pick up my darling doggies' hair. I find that I can vacuum daily, but on hard floors, within an hour or so there always seems to be more dog hair. I found that the sweeper just whizzed it around the brush and spat it back out rather than depositing it in the tray, which is why I thought the tray was too small. I've bought a Dyson DC35 Slim which does the job perfectly, much more expensive I know but well worth it for me. I should also add that I was very careful about following all battery charging instructions for the GTECH but it still gave up the ghost on me.

Really fancied this today as a whizz round before work and the MIL visits (!!) but the P&P has put me right off

Latest posts

Back