Gtech AirRam K9 Cordless Vacuum Cleaner TSV 14/03/15

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I brought this last time or the time before when it was a TSV (is it me or are the TSV'S becoming more and more repetitive?)
and yes it is light weight but is only any good for light weight cleaning.
It doesn't get into the corners or along the skirting boards. So I have to get out my trusty Vax to finish off the job.
I really should have sent it back under the 30DMG but I convinced myself it would make like easier .

I love mine as I am not an enthusiastic cleaner. It has got a lot noisier in the year or so that I have had it

Well, it's possible that I may break my no EP rule and get this. (If Q offer it on EP of course).

This is the superior K9 model, has it been a tsv before? Has anyone got it and do you think it's worth the extra money?

Gtechs get superb reviews for cleaning power, but also lots of negatives on other websites for being flimsily built and breaking down easily. I loved mine until I ran over a coat hanger on the floor and the Gtech dropped down stone dead. I was about to order another one when I checked on John Lewis and reviews elsewhere and found that they have a habit of dying instantly. I am therefore not tempted by the tsv.

What really put me off getting another one were the comments from some owners that the Gtech HQ were less than helpful in honouring guarantees. My information is a couple of years out of date so it may not be true now, but i would advise anyone thinking of buying a Gtech to do their own research first.

Last edited:
After lugging around a heavy tank of a vacuum - Miel upright, brilliant but weigh a ton and useless for carrying up the stairs, I took the plunge and bought the last tsv - oh the bliss of just whizzing around in minutes. So I bought one for upstairs too.

Yes, there are issues, I LOATHE having to clean the filters, and the continual emptying of the small dust collector is a pain, but its excellent for quick spills and clean-ups, without the faff of having to unwind and plug in cables.

This tsv price seems very expensive - at least £50 more than the price I paid, so I'm wondering what the extra cost is for. I could be interested, and retain one of my current machines as a back-up.

I would say that I brought mine on the strength of the demos and the hype of it being cordless but it really doesn't work well when you have 3 dogs and 2 cats it just can't cope with the amount of hair and debris they bring into the house, so yes buy it if there are just one or two people living in your house with NO pets and no one with long hair!
Mine is now used as a decorative feature in the conservatory along with all of my other impulse buys from Q. I MUST go in there more often and see what I have wasted my money on over the years.

Thank you for this information SCW

Looks like a good offer, because the TSV price point :mysmilie_17: makes it the same price as the standard version.

Do you know whether it will still have a 2 year guarantee if purchased through QVC?
On the GTECH website you get 2 years - not sure if QVC would automatically do the same.............

inatizzy X

Thank you for this information SCW

Looks like a good offer, because the TSV price point :mysmilie_17: makes it the same price as the standard version.

Do you know whether it will still have a 2 year guarantee if purchased through QVC?
On the GTECH website you get 2 years - not sure if QVC would automatically do the same.............

inatizzy X

well if its like other ones then i think that will be the same regardless of where you bought it like the vax ones still have the 6 year warranty & the dysons have 5 ect

Well i am suprised about the animal hair, as I had the Gtech sweeper and it was great for dog hair. But the battery died.

I'm surprised too - I have a dog and three cats and mine works brilliantly and it only takes seconds to empty the little tray. The tsv is the K9 made for animals and is stronger though, so I'd think it would be even better. Am thinking of getting it and giving my ordinary
Airram to my daughter - lucky girl!

I purchased one this time last year but within 3 weeks it had packed in suddenly. I wanted another one at the same TSV price and it took Q months and months to get me a replacement (although they did refund the money first). Q sent me an email earlier this week to preorder (how many do they think I need).

Mr L uses it and thinks it is good but you do have to do corners every so often (or not so often!) with an ordinary vac. TBh I think the wee gtech sweeper is nearly as good for a fraction of the price. There are only the two of us with no pets so I cant comment on what it would be like for a busier household.

I think gtech themselves were running an advert to buy the airram (not sure of the model) and something else as a package last month but I dont know how this would pann out price wise.

love my air ram. best cleaner ever and i have had miele and dyson. still like dyson 8 years old at least but very heavy.

I love mine as I am not an enthusiastic cleaner. It has got a lot noisier in the year or so that I have had it

Mine and OH's have both become very noisy too.

A bit worrying that the feature of the new one is that it is "strengthened" with metal gears, which suggests the original wasn't strong enough.

I will have to contact GTECH to investigate the 5 year guarantee

I saw a programme where they were testing 3 cordless vacuums not the Air Ram, but the manufacturers sated they were not meant to replace a corded vacuums.

Latest posts

Back