Gtech Air ram

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Glamourkitty

Registered Shopper
I purchased my gtech air ram back in 2013 and it's now decided to stop working. Some where in the back of my mind is that part of the qvc offer was an extended warranty of 5 years. I have all the emails from qvc and also the registration email from gtech but neither of them mention an extended warranty. Those who got it at the time, did anyone register for the 5 years?

I purchased my gtech air ram back in 2013 and it's now decided to stop working. Some where in the back of my mind is that part of the qvc offer was an extended warranty of 5 years. I have all the emails from qvc and also the registration email from gtech but neither of them mention an extended warranty. Those who got it at the time, did anyone register for the 5 years?

Yes me too, I got it then just before I closed my QVC account. Mine packed in about a year ago but I just binned it and put it down to experience so now I've replaced it with a proper vacuum that was half the price and does a much better job.

Sorry just adding yes I think it had an extended warranty if I remember rightly.

Last edited:
Yes, The extended 5 year warranty information is in the back of the instruction booklet. I can't think where I've put mine at the moment but I'll find it tomorrow. The motor on my Gtech, bought 2013 from QVC, started playing up a couple of months ago. Gtech customer service is fabulous. They replaced it all apart from the battery, the charger and the bin. I just had to remove the handle and put the main body of the Gtech in a bin liner and it was collected / replaced on next day delivery.

Ps, they do ask for date of purchase and I think order number, which I rang QVC for the information. Also, they need the chassis number.

Yes, The extended 5 year warranty information is in the back of the instruction booklet. I can't think where I've put mine at the moment but I'll find it tomorrow. The motor on my Gtech, bought 2013 from QVC, started playing up a couple of months ago. Gtech customer service is fabulous. They replaced it all apart from the battery, the charger and the bin. I just had to remove the handle and put the main body of the Gtech in a bin liner and it was collected / replaced on next day delivery.

Sounds like Trigger's broom on Only Fools and Horses :mysmilie_47:
It's great to get good customer service, though, and they seem to have turned an unhappy experience for you into a positive one.

Ps, they do ask for date of purchase and I think order number, which I rang QVC for the information. Also, they need the chassis number.

Thanks Dollydimple, I still have order confirmation emails from qvc and a registration email from tech. I think it may be the motor that's gone as it's showing as fully charged but the lights go red as soon as you switch it on. Good to know that they have excellent customer service.

Strange how we all have different experiences with their customer service. They were unbelievably unhelpful with me, and a quick browse through negative Amazon reviews sees many people with similar experiences. I would never buy one again, great to start with but they aren't built to last much longer than 1-2 years.

i bought mine when qvc first started selling them. still working fab...i registered it so hoping it does have 5 year guarantee thought it was 2 years though

Now I could be totally wrong, but IIRC, they've had the AirRam as a TSV 3 times, and the extended warranty was only offered the first time. Subsequent TSV's had the standard 2 year warranty.

Yes I bought mine from QVC but it only had a 2 year warranty, and of course it gave up working completely just after the warranty period expired...

I've purchased two G Tech Air Rams and two Multis, all direct from G Tech (not all for me, of course!) I had a very good experience with their customer service when mum's Multi stopped working. It was replaced immediately, without any fuss, and the delivery driver came equipped with a label to collect the faulty one.
They are still the best vac I've ever used, I wouldn't be without mine.

So glad I saw this post I bought a Bosch cordless just 2 months ago and it's not working already. Was going to buy the Gtech today! Now not so sure. I like a cordless for upstairs as I've got laminate and it's easy to whizz round. NOw what shall I do????? Love this forum it's so good for advice/experience

I bought 2 with the 5 year guarantee (only one for me).

The other one started screeching after about 2 years, and all the "workings" were changed by Gtech, but I discovered you HAD to have registered it to get the 5 year guarantee.

So glad I saw this post I bought a Bosch cordless just 2 months ago and it's not working already. Was going to buy the Gtech today! Now not so sure. I like a cordless for upstairs as I've got laminate and it's easy to whizz round. NOw what shall I do????? Love this forum it's so good for advice/experience

If my AirRam stopped working today I'd buy another without a seconds hesitation. It's still my all time best buy from Q. It's a fantastic piece of kit IMO.

It's fixed. The online manual has a trouble shooting guide, so took the brush bars out. I must have knocked the side of it as the end cap had been wedged onto the brush bar and wouldn't turn which must be why it kept cutting out. Now sounds quite rattly so will probably invest in a new set of brushes and end caps. Thanks to everyone for there comments and help.

I bought 2 with the 5 year guarantee (only one for me).

The other one started screeching after about 2 years, and all the "workings" were changed by Gtech, but I discovered you HAD to have registered it to get the 5 year guarantee.

Yes, I did register. It's fixed now (jammed brush bar) but now very noisy so I may still contact them as they changed yours.

I bought mine when it was first on QVC and registered it and have the 5 year guarantee. However, despite using it daily it's still going strong so I haven't needed to contact GTech's CS, other than to order a spare set of filters. If this one goes up the swanny I will definitely buy another one as my Oreck has been relegated to the the cupboard since the AirRam arrived.

I also received an email about pre-ordering the AirRam 2 (I think it was) but I deleted it as the old one is fine (at the moment.)

Latest posts

Back