Green Seasons Festive 7 Bird Roast PRICE!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I'm sure it will 'fly out' :mysmilie_47:(to coin QVC's familiar phrase) but it won't be winging its way to my house. What a ridiculous price!

Damn.....the FREE P&P means I won't save anything by ordering the six I wanted for the paper-boy's Mum, the window-cleaner's Sister-in-law, the dustbin man's Grandmother, etc. etc.!!! :mysmilie_10:

What is the bird right in the middle? A hummingbird?

Maybe the one on the outside is an ostrich. That'd be the only way you could stuff six birds inside it and be able to find them. :wink:

They must be having a giraffe .... oh wait a minute, at this price maybe it`s gonna be as big as a giraffe !

What a ridiculous price this now confirms my belief that this Christmas spending has lost all sense of proportion as some people will buy or it wouldn't be offered.I will be paying little more for a week half board in a very good hotel in Spain for Christmas week & that includes a fab Christmas buffet---no contest!

Last year I bought a three bird roast from Aldi and was told by my family it was very nice ( I did not eat it as I am a vegetarian). It cost £9.99.

No doubt it will be on ADVANCED ORDERS only - like most things these days, so they know how many to order in. I would have thought anyone who could afford to buy that, wouldn't dream of buying from QVC anyway - they would have a delivery from Fortnum & Masons, or Harrods. I would.

That's just ridiculous - I think there was a duck on last year, or a goose probably, and it was around the same price. Both Lidl and Iceland did 3 bird roasts last year - don't know how much they were but I had some at a friend's house and it wasn't nice. Neither one thing nor the other. Avoid. Spend the money on wine and whisky :mysmilie_3:

Boffy I just read your post that the Waitrose one was nice so I stand corrected. I'll come round to yours this year :mysmilie_46:

CC

I`m not a lover of the 3 or 4 bird roast thing. I`ve tried them from local supermarkets and also had dinner at someone`s house where they served one but they don`t appeal to my taste buds. I`m not really a fan of any fowl, I much prefer beef or lamb.

I think I remember they did something with the unfortunate name of turducken (turkey+duck+chicken) in the past. The name alone would prevent me buying...

It's the first four letters that should have prompted the marketing team to think again!

That's more than the whole of my budget for food and booze for Christmas and New Year!! Admittedly I don't buy Turkey as my kids don't eat it, so I end up buying a large chicken for Christmas Day and New Year's Day. Wonder how the money-back guarantee would work with something like that :mysmilie_17:

Latest posts

Back