Glen Glen the cliche man......

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I certainly dn't feel sorry fr the man, as \i have posted before, when he is outside of qvc towers ie at home in the pub with his so called mates he happy slags off qvc fashion in a similar vein as to how some of us do on this forum and secondly he gets paid a hefty sum of money by qvc!

Not very professional - that's a good way to lose your job!

Not much of a best friend either, if he's discussing Glen's business with others. :33:

but i'm a size 7 :33:

I'm 5ft and a tad with size 6 feet. And that's sideways!
I've got flat arches and bunions - oh and corns sometimes.
Those 'pumps' would just look silly on me.
In fact, I don't wear skirts cos no shoes would look pretty on my hobbit feet! :11::43:

I should buy some fleaflops....

I never thought I would write it, but I am starting to feel sorry for Glen the Tweed jacket man now! What a terrible job he has. It must be one of the worst jobs in QVC trying to make (most of QVC's clothes are very dodgy, it has to be said!) QVC's clothes sound wearable by EVERYONE!
No wonder the poor bloke has to resort to so many cliches. I think many a hardbitten fashionista would be hard pushed to do that much better trying to flog all this roppy synthetic mega-static gear to perhaps a largely over 40 year old age group audience.
I bet he has to have a swift strong bevy before he goes out there in front of the camera
just to summon up the courage everytime.

I'm with you shushkin on this one.
God knows how he keeps a straight face with some of the rubbish he has to promote as high fashion. Awww...

I certainly dn't feel sorry fr the man, as \i have posted before, when he is outside of qvc towers ie at home in the pub with his so called mates he happy slags off qvc fashion in a similar vein as to how some of us do on this forum and secondly he gets paid a hefty sum of money by qvc!

So what? Everyone 's got to earn a buck, and now I know he really thinks the stuff he flogs is rubbish, I like him more. Can you imagine if he really believed Kim and Co was actually nice!? Euurch!
I bet many of the presenters have a good giggle about some of the products they sell when they get off air.

I'm 5ft and a tad with size 6 feet. And that's sideways!
I've got flat arches and bunions - oh and corns sometimes.
Those 'pumps' would just look silly on me.
In fact, I don't wear skirts cos no shoes would look pretty on my hobbit feet! :11::43:

I should buy some fleaflops....

.....................are you Julia Roberts calico :?::LOL::LOL:

Part 2

Glen, Glen the cliche man
Gives advice to every fan
So take on board his every word
To become a top fashion bird

There's Michelle Hope and Kim & Co
Chuck them on, be ready to go
They'll cling to you here and there
And all the static will reach your hair

But worry not, you'll look real cool
To do the shopping or run to school
It doesn't matter your hair's on end
Cos Glen has said "It's all on trend"

With a Breezies Bra and Artscape Top
You'll bring the traffic to a stop
Your Slim'n'Lift has worked a treat
There's nothing hanging by your feet

QVC's fashion is right up there
Although you'll look a silly mare
But believe in Glen, he knows his style
Even though we think it's vile!!!!

I really take my hat off to the QVC stylist. We all know the clothes are mostly cr@p, but she/he sends those models out and sometimes they actually look quite OK. While dressed in cr@p.

I've often wondered what makes him a fashion 'expert' in the first place? What's his background? He seems to talk some amount of sh!te and doesn't actually seem to know anything about fashion. Then again, look at the material he has to work with....!!

Tx

I think that he honestly thinks he is trendy!!!!! When I met him at a customer event ( had a piccie taken with him lol) he comes across as really passionate about his fashion. There he was in his tweed jacket and jeans walking through harrods! I said to my hubby what can he tell me about fashion lol

Glen, Glen the cliche man
Gives advice to every fan
So take on board his every word
To become a top fashion bird

QVC's fashion is right up there
Although you'll look a silly mare
But believe in Glen, he knows his style
Even though
He is a charlatan!

I never thought I would write it, but I am starting to feel sorry for Glen the Tweed jacket man now! What a terrible job he has. It must be one of the worst jobs in QVC trying to make (most of QVC's clothes are very dodgy, it has to be said!) QVC's clothes sound wearable by EVERYONE!
No wonder the poor bloke has to resort to so many cliches. I think many a hardbitten fashionista would be hard pushed to do that much better trying to flog all this roppy synthetic mega-static gear to perhaps a largely over 40 year old age group audience.
I bet he has to have a swift strong bevy before he goes out there in front of the camera
just to summon up the courage everytime.
Don't feel too sorry for him, he is no fashionista. He would probably be on the dole, if he wasn't working on QVC.

Glen obviously has not heard of the saying 'Beggars can't be choosers'.

I remember Glen from his days on This Morning with Richard and Judy. Thats where I saw him first way back in the 80's. But that could explain the no socks look. Miami Vice the comeback.:50:

I think this sort of thing is hearsay. Anyone could claim to know a friend of friend etc of a presenter. Though I am not saying your are untruthful OP. On face value Glenn seems to make the best of the terrible clothes he has to present.

Latest posts

Back