Give it a rest

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

loveallthingsitalian

Registered Shopper
We have been sicken with bleeding gifting since June and of course now that they can no longer sell Christmas presents Chuntley is now plugging Valentine gifts.

Not a good day and that has just put the tin hat on it.

Rant over

Guess the hard sell never ends ...it's Christmas ,Valentine day ,Mother's Day ,Easter ,Halloween and back to Christmas ,not forgetting birthdays ,teachers gifts and milk mans gift .jeez:mysmilie_51:

Who pays a fortune for gifts for Valentine's Day???? The most I've ever had was a card and no way would I fork out more than a couple of quid for anything else. This is preying on the gullible.

Guess the hard sell never ends ...it's Christmas ,Valentine day ,Mother's Day ,Easter ,Halloween and back to Christmas ,not forgetting birthdays ,teachers gifts and milk mans gift .jeez:mysmilie_51:

Craig came up with a new gift recipient the other day. He gave a card and pressie to the lady at the dry cleaner's.

It's everywhere though not just on Q.

Come Boxing Day the TV ads will start with their summer holiday suggestions and the newspapers will be full of travel supplements.

When you've got to sell - you need all the opportunities you can get.

I have already booked 2016 holidays (about 2 months ago) but then if you want specific dates and places you need to book as early as possible.

Who pays a fortune for gifts for Valentine's Day???? The most I've ever had was a card and no way would I fork out more than a couple of quid for anything else. This is preying on the gullible.

Shopping telly is about preying on the vulnerable and ignorant.

I too was a QVC addict and have found this forum and seen the light. They definitely go way beyond normal with their selling. Today I've done the food on the money I've saved in the past two months, no TSVs for me. Shame on them.

We have been sicken with bleeding gifting since June and of course now that they can no longer sell Christmas presents Chuntley is now plugging Valentine gifts.

Not a good day and that has just put the tin hat on it.

Rant over

LATI - It's only 7 months till Christmas in July, and it will all start over again. Nightmare.

They want first dibs on your money even before you`ve earned it. They keep the momentum going by swinging from one occasion to the next and keeping the customers constantly on the look out for something for said occasion. Nipping away at your subconscious like rats. Many people fall for it, hence why they begin marketing earlier and earlier for Christmas and other events. Everyday is an opportunity to sell in their eyes.

Where I feel uncomfortable with the presenters pushing purchasing as gifts as it often implies obligation.

It must be absolutely awful working for QVC, watching your life pass you buy lurching from one occasion to the next, from Valentines, Mothers Day, Easter, Christmas, Summer, Winter, Spring and Autumn, Birthday, Anniversaries, weddings, it's always something,

Latest posts

Back