Getting Daniel Green for a few months to cover meternity leave

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Couldn't stand him. Oily. And another one with a jumped up CV, claimed to be a TV chef in the states but turned out all he'd done was an infomercial for a grater. He probably went back because people in the US are impressed by an English accent.

I have to agree, oily is the perfect description. I could never understand why he was so popular, I actually preferred Charlie to him, and that's saying something! I suppose it just shows how different we all are

i think they are different though. charlie is ok i quite like him but i think that daniel has a more international appeal than say charlie has. charlie is a bit more chap next door!

Did I spot Anthony visiting Q around Christmas time? Would love to see him back there. Surely he could replace Carmel on maternity leave.

anthony is lovely miss him lots...he did pop in at xmas i just dont think he wants to return to qvc maybe he does not like the hard sell ...

He was the bigeest and best dish ever on QVC. I ended up watching every show he did, kind of perving on him, I actually dont think I ever shopped while he was on, as I wouldnt go to the phone and miss a second, so that was not very good fo qvc. I was so gutted to find out he was married and had a little girl, it shatteredmy dreams after that and I kind of lost interest in him and got a bit angry with him, felt cheated. I dont think I would be able to handle his return, come to think of it.

Couldn't stand him. Oily. And another one with a jumped up CV, claimed to be a TV chef in the states but turned out all he'd done was an infomercial for a grater. He probably went back because people in the US are impressed by an English accent.

He lost a lot of weight and made money out of his success

After filming in the UK for BBC, Carlton Food, Channel Five, Discovery Health, Sky and UK Food, I have been living in the USA for the past 5 years with daily shows on ShopNBC as well as my own cooking segment called Kitchen Takeover
http://www.televisioncookery.com/biog.php

From Daniel Green's blog on www.qvcuk.com

Goodbye to QVC and the UK... for now
You may or may not know by now that I've had to move back to the States so I can be with my family. Sadly, this means I'm not going to be able to present on QVC any more.

QVC was even better than I ever imagined it would be and you viewers made me feel so welcome. I had so many lovely phone calls and texts from you. I loved every minute of my time on air and will miss the other presenters I worked with - what a team! From a personal perspective I also feel I've grown a lot here.

Moving back to the U.S. is the hardest choice I've ever had to make, but it's been really tough without my family and I think it's the right thing to do.

Still, never say never and maybe some day I'll be back at QVC.

In the meantime thanks for all your support,

Daniel x
http://forum.shoppingtelly.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-11391.html

He was the bigeest and best dish ever on QVC. I ended up watching every show he did, kind of perving on him, I actually dont think I ever shopped while he was on, as I wouldnt go to the phone and miss a second, so that was not very good fo qvc. I was so gutted to find out he was married and had a little girl, it shatteredmy dreams after that and I kind of lost interest in him and got a bit angry with him, felt cheated. I dont think I would be able to handle his return, come to think of it.

Tristar are you serious ???? Cos if you are then you need help. Not being nasty but to feel angry at a Tv presenter for being married let alone feeling cheated as if he was a real person in your real life, simply isn`t normal. Obviously QVC isn`t good for your health and I mean that kindly !

I did exagerrate a wee bit, but yes I did develop a crush on him. I was being a little humuorous or trying to be! Was Daniel a 'larger' man then, at some point. I didnt know that, he was very slim and did not look as though he had lost a lot of weight either.

Obv my humour went over certain heads. I did like daniel though. Eye candy or what!

Last edited:
I did exagerrate a wee bit, but yes I did develop a crush on him. I was being a little humuorous or trying to be! Was Daniel a 'larger' man then, at some point. I didnt know that, he was very slim and did not look as though he had lost a lot of weight either.

Obv my humour went over certain heads. I did like daniel though. Eye candy or what!
A wee bit !!! :mysmilie_506:

he was gorgeous before too, the weight would not have bothered me. I like him both ways!

:mysmilie_483::mysmilie_483::mysmilie_483:

having looked at his pic, i realise i'm thinking of someone else. he was black and american.

Have to say he scrubs up quite well in those publicity pics but I didn't particularly enjoy his style as a presenter ... bit too smarmy smooth for me.

He really was very professional. Do you remember that on his first solo day, it was during the heavy snow when hardly any presenters could get into the studio? I think it was just him and one woman presenter (was it Sara Griffiths?) and between them they had to do absolutely every show. It was heroic stuff! He had to do a Kipling hour on his own, with all those baffling colours and names and monkeys - with no prep and no guest to carry him through. He managed amazingly well. He had a bit of a David Beckham voice, and he was a touch oily, but he was a very good presenter.

he did have quite a bit of oil on him, hair and skin, but he was smooth as silk and did he smoulder or what? melted my screen

My sister used to call him "Slick" nothing to do with presenting style,more to do with being rather oily and smarmy!!

I always imagined he was goung to sign off with a colgate ring of confidence around around him and a silver star on his teeth!!
Not my cup of tea at all.

Latest posts

Back