Get it together QVC!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Moth

Registered Shopper
For a channel that deem themselves to be the grandfather of TV shopping in the UK (maybe in the US too?), it's remarkable just how unprofessional they can appear on screen. Mum was interested in a jacket that was being sold but the presenters gave no size details during the show. There were no sizes on the website and the people on the phones had no idea either. She said she would ask them to mention it on the show but they never did. Also, the website, the screen and the red button interactive all had different prices for the same item, which I didn't think would be possible with a computerised stock keeping system. Another item also had differing sizes between the screen and the website.

I've lost count of the amount of times I've seen people complaining about issues of sizes on here. Considering "the other side" manage to have screen slides which show all the sizes, colours etc. etc. I'm sure QVC could manage something similar. If we knew what we were buying surely it would lessen the number of returns? Having extra operators and interactive services is no use if the information needed isn't there!

Oh, and I like Dale, but on the Basso show he looked as out of place as a pork chop at a barmitzvah! Probably not his fault though - I expect he had the usual scrappy piece of paper that he couldn't read. And mum never did buy the jacket - by the time she was able to guess what she wanted it had sold out.

While I'm griping :) Why take easy-pay off an item as soon as the show ends? I would have bought lots more items from shows I recorded if they'd still been on easy-pay for the whole day.

sizing is an issue but also fabric content. this can really make a garment totally different in price,quality and feel. when in a shop dont you look at a tag and see what the fabric composition is. i cannot remember the last time a presenter told us what the fabric composition was.

sizing is an issue but also fabric content. this can really make a garment totally different in price,quality and feel. when in a shop dont you look at a tag and see what the fabric composition is. i cannot remember the last time a presenter told us what the fabric composition was.

It's usually Nylon that's why!

For a channel that deem themselves to be the grandfather of TV shopping in the UK (maybe in the US too?), it's remarkable just how unprofessional they can appear on screen. Mum was interested in a jacket that was being sold but the presenters gave no size details during the show. There were no sizes on the website and the people on the phones had no idea either. She said she would ask them to mention it on the show but they never did. Also, the website, the screen and the red button interactive all had different prices for the same item, which I didn't think would be possible with a computerised stock keeping system. Another item also had differing sizes between the screen and the website.

I've lost count of the amount of times I've seen people complaining about issues of sizes on here. Considering "the other side" manage to have screen slides which show all the sizes, colours etc. etc. I'm sure QVC could manage something similar. If we knew what we were buying surely it would lessen the number of returns? Having extra operators and interactive services is no use if the information needed isn't there!

Oh, and I like Dale, but on the Basso show he looked as out of place as a pork chop at a barmitzvah! Probably not his fault though - I expect he had the usual scrappy piece of paper that he couldn't read. And mum never did buy the jacket - by the time she was able to guess what she wanted it had sold out.

While I'm griping :) Why take easy-pay off an item as soon as the show ends? I would have bought lots more items from shows I recorded if they'd still been on easy-pay for the whole day.

I've given up on QVC clothing for a variety of reasons, all well documented here but I really see your point about easy-pay. Presuming you are watching the programme live, by the time you've thought about buying and perhaps checked up the state of the bank balance/credit card the hour is up. If you watch the repeat showing, Sky+ or check on line, it's often too late.

I remember how in the good old days the presenters would have tape measures on fashion hours and the camera would zoom in to show close ups of the fabric. Unfortunately that all ended around the same time as the departure of the late Steve Whatley who always brightened up my day.

You beat me to it, boffy, this infuriates me, fabric content is the VERY FIRST thing I want to know. They tell you things that can plainly be seen on screen, but not other vital information. And you know that a "linen mix" is going to be 5% linen + polyester or some other cheap filler, grrrrr. (Exaggerating, but you know what I mean.)

clemenzina

I think the lack of information applies to beauty items too. So often there sets where they don't explain what's included at the start and more importantly, don't tell you know big the products are (unless they're "salon sizes" in which you hear it about 50 times). I think it's terrible that they're allowed to get away with it. On any item, their very first words after the item number should give you specific details and then they can launch into the sales pitch.

The materials of items applies to handbags too and it's become very apparent during the last few days that they do their very best to not mention what items are made of. Now I know that's because the items are not leather in most cases but surely they have a responsibility to say that or they're not presenting the items correctly. Not only that, but the presenters don't seem to know what items are made of either which is inexcusable.

I also agree totally about easy pay - I've never understood why they don't have it available after an item has aired. I'm sure they'd sell more if they held the offers open for a day or two after an item has been shown on air.

I've lost count of the amount of times I've seen people complaining about issues of sizes on here. Considering "the other side" manage to have screen slides which show all the sizes, colours etc. etc. I'm sure QVC could manage something similar. If we knew what we were buying surely it would lessen the number of returns? Having extra operators and interactive services is no use if the information needed isn't there.

I couldn`t agree more, things can sell out so easily whilst you are trying to establish just exactly what size you need, the sizes vary so much from style to style in the same range thats impossible to stick to same size which would enable you to get your order in quick!
When they do give it out they do it so fast sometimes as though its an unimportant part of the sales pitch!
I thought they had time to prep their shows, more often than not you would think they were trying to read a foreign language! Yes the otherside for all their failing get the size thing spot on ...pity the clothes don`t always hit the mark! Don`t ask me about slinky!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back