General ridiculousness thread

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Status
Not open for further replies.
she has just said the egg changers were not supposed to go to a £1

utter bollocks

I like it when they do the fake shocked face, its almost as if they have a competition to which one of them can be the most over the top lol. At the moment I would say Peter Simon gets my vote, his "shocked face" usually resembles that famous painting "The Scream".

I like it when they do the fake shocked face, its almost as if they have a competition to which one of them can be the most over the top lol. At the moment I would say Peter Simon gets my vote, his "shocked face" usually resembles that famous painting "The Scream".

My vote is with Shocked Face Sherlock, he is very over the top when the price drops. It looks about as convincing as his face looks natural.

In fact he is the only Sit Up presenter I know of who is hardfaced enough to actually claim he would prefer it if people DIDN'T buy the item as 'the price is just too low'.

Talk about treating us with contempt. I used to like Peter but in my opinion he has seriously lost his way, and his credibility. Dreadful.

Last edited:
Calling her a lard arse is rude, but then I guess it's no worse than calling her loyal viewers thieves!!!! How degrading and rude, she needs to remember it's the viewers that are providing her with a living, and she'll soon know if we "rob" that from her, the frumpy, gurning ninny!

Wirral, I really like you and agree with most of what you say but I agree with merry, bid presenters do enough wrong for us to comment on without talking about their appearance. I have overstepped the mark on other posts so I am not having a go at you from on high or anything :)

PJ x

Wirral, I really like you and agree with most of what you say but I agree with merry, bid presenters do enough wrong for us to comment on without talking about their appearance. I have overstepped the mark on other posts so I am not having a go at you from on high or anything :)

PJ x

I agree, I shouldn't have said that but that woman gets my goat, she is utterly shameless.

She could possibly be the most condescending of them all. I will never forget the sale of some hideous children's jewellery and she said you shouldn't let kids wear adult jewellery much like you shouldn't let them wear a mini skirt, I honestly felt sick when she said that.

That is the type of character we're up against and sometimes I maybe get too wound up by them and I apologise.

I agree, I shouldn't have said that but that woman gets my goat, she is utterly shameless.

How dare you!!!! :tongue: I even went and ordered one of Caroline's 'Ineedpampering.com' photos as well. Was a bargain.... 1 x A3 Fuji-papered photo for £500 (free P&P) :clapping:

She could possibly be the most condescending of them all. I will never forget the sale of some hideous children's jewellery and she said you shouldn't let kids wear adult jewellery much like you shouldn't let them wear a mini skirt, I honestly felt sick when she said that.

That is the type of character we're up against and sometimes I maybe get too wound up by them and I apologise.

Totally agree buddy I got wound up on many times by Mike Mason and let that get the better of me too. They say never argue with an idiot as you will never win so maybe we should apply that to bid presenters as they are the biggest idiots going!

PJ

Totally agree buddy I got wound up on many times by Mike Mason and let that get the better of me too. They say never argue with an idiot as you will never win so maybe we should apply that to bid presenters as they are the biggest idiots going!

PJ

Indeed PJ, there are far better ways to deal with them than to mock their physical shortcomings.

Take Steve Mc for example. In my opinion he seriously put his foot in it with the Dodgy Dongle last night but I accept my opinion counts for little however, let's see if the ASA's opinion is :wink: It's high time Sit Up's claims about this product are investigated, long overdue.

Last edited:
McDonald is selling 9ct Gold earrings and yet again they are being totally disingenuous. He keeps asking how much you would expect to see gold earrings in a jewellers going for, then mentioning that they are a good weight and yet not once actually saying what the gram weight is. And again he says go online, go to your jewellers to compare but how on earth can you make a comparison when we don't know the ****** gram weight!!

And then he seems surprised when he had 57 pairs left. Shameless.

opposite to andy this afternoon who stated the weight at least 5 times

he sold about 3 he said!

opposite to andy this afternoon who stated the weight at least 5 times

he sold about 3 he said!

There was an ASA Ruling just last Wednesday about gold sales and while he didn't mention gold value or pawnbrokers how on earth can anyone make a considered comparison online (as he urged us to do) when he didn't say how much the item he was selling weighed.

They just never give up do they?

nope

but thankfully like you say they are selling less and less of the jewellery or at least they appearing to be

Comment by Andy to the chef today when she was trying to be serious and ignoring his jokes "It's usually light and airy, this cookery bit, but it it's like being on Radio 4 with you today" (after a bit of a debate about horsemeat - while she was demonstrating the mincer !)

Only decent presenter on there. I like how he admits it a slow session, like today when he said to the chef "Looks like it's just you and me here today".

I like Andy very much but I often wonder if because he used to be a Senior Manager at Sit Up (I believe he was Controller of Channels) he isn't under the same kind of pressure to achieve targets as the others. His style is completely different, as in he is as close to being 100% honest and accurate as is (probably) humanly possible.

Sure he has the spiel (you need it when selling as much utter crap as Sit Up does) but that's fine, it comes with the territory but there has to be a reason why he can be so professional and candid yet many of the others cant.

Last edited:
I like Andy very much but I often wonder if because he used to be a Senior Manager at Sit Up (I believe he was Controller of Channels) he isn't under the same kind of pressure to achieve targets as the others. His style is completely different, as in he is as close to being 100% honest and accurate as is (probably) humanly possible.

Sure he has the spiel (you need it when selling as much utter crap as Sit Up does) but that's fine, it comes with the territory but there has to be a reason why he can be so professional and candid yet many of the others cant.

Yes, it's a mystery indeed why someone who used to have a bit of sway on the channel isn't dropping a few gentle hints to other presenters to rein it in a bit. I get the impression after 12 years he could do the job blindfold if he wanted and prefers just to amble through his sessions now, even on the quietest of days.

There was a good example of just how different he is to the others earlier today when he had the DOTD on at 5p.m. Even before they showed the set of smellies on offer, he said "We're doing this for under a tenner"...then in an quiet aside to the director, he said "In fact, it's under a fiver, isn't it?" Thus doing away with all the nonsense that we had with the screaming banshee that is Sally Jacks tonight when the price went down to £4.99.

Yes, it's a mystery indeed why someone who used to have a bit of sway on the channel isn't dropping a few gentle hints to other presenters to rein it in a bit. I get the impression after 12 years he could do the job blindfold if he wanted and prefers just to amble through his sessions now, even on the quietest of days.

There was a good example of just how different he is to the others earlier today when he had the DOTD on at 5p.m. Even before they showed the set of smellies on offer, he said "We're doing this for under a tenner"...then in an quiet aside to the director, he said "In fact, it's under a fiver, isn't it?" Thus doing away with all the nonsense that we had with the screaming banshee that is Sally Jacks tonight when the price went down to £4.99.

You are quite right.

My Bidding is ending now for the day, I genuinely cannot watch Mike Mason anymore.

He's as predictable as Taxes and Death. But he does have a sense of humour, he's a laugh a decade.

What...you mean you're not tempted by the prospect of the fantastic "£1 at 1 a.m." event ! Tch, Tch...

the dongle again

jesus ****ing wept

excuse the language

mike is now saying he has used freeview, sky and virgin in the past

sure he said way back when he has been with sky for years and years

Mike mason arguing over the panjab curry.How childish can u get over food, millions of people are starving and him complaining over this is just pathetic, i think it's about time panjab curry was banned.In fact al cooking was banned
just do the halogen oven or whatever else they sell kitchen wise.But no cooking too many arguments.

Talk about being disingenuous. Peter Shylock is happy to tell us that he is not aware of a single customer returning any Coryse Salome products.

I wonder if that's due to the fact that we would get less back than we had shelled out in phone calls and postage both ways?

Thanks Peter.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back