General ridiculousness thread

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Status
Not open for further replies.
as of 5 minutes ago

price drop

bod doing his standard lines very accurate, very complaint but so very very boring

bid

more body essential bras that peter simon did not sell. Bless her sally remains enthusiastic but you can tell she wants to be selling something anything else

bid plus

mark ryes selling those cake pop things for twice the price they go on the other two channels. And suggesting if you are good with art they will start a nice business for somebody

Somebody help me

I briefly watched Bod again and you're dead right, he is compliant but extremely boring.

And what is with the stupid hand movements? He reminds of what Rod Hull might have looked like had he not realised he'd dropped his Emu.

Last edited:
I briefly watched Bod again and you're dead right, he is compliant but extremely boring.

And what is with the stupid hand movements? He reminds of what Rod Hull might have looked like had he not realised he'd dropped his Emu.

i have not noticed this

tbh i like it when he is on at 10pm + as i can fall asleep easier

I really like Sally but she just came out with a breathtaking bit of exaggeration in her preview. She mentioned it's the time of year we all book our holidays so what better to buy than this Weekend Collection 'if you want to look like one of those posh celebrities at the airport this is something you definitely need'.

I can just picture Victoria Beckham flying into Heathrow and being papped with these in tow :giggle:

bags.jpg

Mini-Mark on Price Drop had the cake pop maker on about half an hour ago and him or the assistant couldn't open it.
Mark blamed Kate saying she sabotaged it, as if, it was broken you fools. I'm not surprised as it sold for £4.98 so it is cheap tat on a big scale.
Also tonight one of the cameras occasionally does has a funny turn.
Price Drop going down first before Bid.....

Mini-Mark on Price Drop had the cake pop maker on about half an hour ago and him or the assistant couldn't open it.
Mark blamed Kate saying she sabotaged it, as if, it was broken you fools. I'm not surprised as it sold for £4.98 so it is cheap tat on a big scale.
Also tonight one of the cameras occasionally does has a funny turn.
Price Drop going down first before Bid.....

It's pretty clear Gemma the assistant cannot abide the rancid, rat faced rodent Ryes but who can?

When he tries to be funny she dosen't even pretend to laugh. Unfortunately Gemma occasionally seems to forgot that Dr Cringles has been struck off, and Ryes kept saying 'Dr' when talking about the socks until someone clearly told him to stop saying it.

Tutt Tutt.

Last edited:
It's pretty clear Gemma the assistant cannot abide the rancid, rat faced rodent Ryes but who can?

When he tries to be funny she dosen't even pretend to laugh.
There was a (concealed) back-handed complement from Mark made towards Gemma a moment ago when he said that she was exactly the type of person who was classy enough for a Christin Lars watch (or words to that effect) :giggle:

And to give him some credit, he actually managed to accurately describe a triplet opel - something I wasn't aware of until reading this forum - skilfuly describing the magnification effect of the layering as an 'advantage'. Now that's selling something :clapping:

There was a (concealed) back-handed complement from Mark made towards Gemma a moment ago when he said that she was exactly the type of person who was classy enough for a Christin Lars watch (or words to that effect) :giggle:

And to give him some credit, he actually managed to accurately describe a triplet opel - something I wasn't aware of until reading this forum - skilfuly describing the magnification effect of the layering as an 'advantage'. Now that's selling something :clapping:

They have to describe a Triplet properly now, they have no choice. They know we'll be onto it in a shot if they don't :giggle:

But i'm afraid Ryes hasn't read this weeks ruling regarding not mentioning gold weight when they make spurious comparisons. He said 'I want you to imagine, go to your favourite High Street Jeweller, whichever one it is, how much would you expect to pay for a ladies 9ct yellow gold Belcher neck chain, do you have a price in your mind, I hope you do, the kind of price you will have seen at your (stopped dead) ....... solid, beautiful' without once mentioning the gram weight of the gold. There were 14 in the quantity, unsurprisingly he sold just one.

Here we go again.............

Last edited:
I really like Sally but she just came out with a breathtaking bit of exaggeration in her preview. She mentioned it's the time of year we all book our holidays so what better to buy than this Weekend Collection 'if you want to look like one of those posh celebrities at the airport this is something you definitely need'.

I can just picture Victoria Beckham flying into Heathrow and being papped with these in tow :giggle:

View attachment 9098
That would definitely wipe the smile off her face

Elisa Foreman really ought to think about what she is saying. She is selling a Bed Set for £4.99 and without realising the irony said 'I wouldn't want you to get it and be disappointed when you get it home but for £4.99 you would think it's gonna be quite rough that, you know the old saying you pay for what you get'.

Elisa Foreman really ought to think about what she is saying. She is selling a Bed Set for £4.99 and without realising the irony said 'I wouldn't want you to get it and be disappointed when you get it home but for £4.99 you would think it's gonna be quite rough that, you know the old saying you pay for what you get'.

pointless talking rubbish on a set like that which is selling anyway (looks a more than fair deal even all in)

here we go been selling these body essentials for about 18 months simon has been saying that for 6 months

elisa is size 12-14 and jenny is a size 16

something somewere is not right !

pointless talking rubbish on a set like that which is selling anyway (looks a more than fair deal even all in)

here we go been selling these body essentials for about 18 months simon has been saying that for 6 months

elisa is size 12-14 and jenny is a size 16

something somewere is not right !

Elisa has an ego the size of Surrey.

If Elisa is a 12-14 then Jenny is a size Zero :giggle: She is a monumental bullshitter these days, shame as she used to be pretty straight.

Steve Mc is selling the Dongle, he is showing some kids channels and the one he highlighted was Canadian (CBC Kids) and he points out it explains exactly where the channel is from, what language it broadcasts in and it's genre, which is very useful. So I thought i'd try watching content from CBC and surprise surprise you can't because it is geographically blocked. Thanks for the explanation Steve.

Indeed he added 'you're probably thinking how do I get access to all of that, how much is that gonna cost me?. To get access to it you just plug it into your laptop it's as simple as that, it will give you all those channels'.

But to help Steve and Sit Up out, and help clear up any confusion, I have asked the ASA what they think of these claims. I recorded all of this presentation just so there is even less confusion.

Last edited:
Steve Mc is selling the Dongle, he is showing some kids channels and the one he highlighted was Canadian (CBC Kids) and he points out it explains exactly where the channel is from, what language it broadcasts in and it's genre, which is very useful. So I thought i'd try watching content from CBC and surprise surprise you can't because it is geographically blocked. Thanks for the explanation Steve.

Indeed he added 'you're probably thinking how do I get access to all of that, how much is that gonna cost me?. To get access to it you just plug it into your laptop it's as simple as that, it will give you all those channels'.

But to help Steve and Sit Up out, and help clear up any confusion, I have asked the ASA what they think of these claims. I recorded all of this presentation just so there is even less confusion.

Nice one, It will be interesting to see how the ASA feel about those presentations as there has to be confusion from the average consumer considering a purchase.

Nice one, It will be interesting to see how the ASA feel about those presentations as there has to be confusion from the average consumer considering a purchase.

I have bitten my lip about these Dongles for long enough. Some of the claims are, in my opinion, simply outrageous.

The ever Frightful Frump is selling yet another 'rare' Stephen Gayford print. Without even flinching she says 'can I tell you something now, I think you're going to get this for £150 , if you do, when you do you have really, really robbed us'.

I thought that was as rich a statement as I have ever heard from a Sit Up stooge but she excelled herself when saying 'I think it's very stately, if you walked into a Manor House or even A STATELY HOME and in the Drawing Room they had something like this you wouldn't be surprised'. Actually Lard Arse I would be, in fact i'd be horrified.

Her shamelessness is simply beyond the pale, I cannot abide that woman.

Last edited:
The ever Frightful Frump is selling yet another 'rare' Stephen Gayford print. Without even flinching she says 'can I tell you something now, I think you're going to get this for £150 , if you do, when you do you have really, really robbed us'.

I thought that was as rich a statement as I have ever heard from a Sit Up stooge but she excelled herself when saying 'I think it's very stately, if you walked into a Manor House or even A STATELY HOME and in the Drawing Room they had something like this you wouldn't be surprised'. Actually Lard Arse I would be, in fact i'd be horrified.

Her shamelessness is simply beyond the pale, I cannot abide that woman.

Calling her a lard arse is rude, but then I guess it's no worse than calling her loyal viewers thieves!!!! How degrading and rude, she needs to remember it's the viewers that are providing her with a living, and she'll soon know if we "rob" that from her, the frumpy, gurning ninny!

Calling her a lard arse is rude, but then I guess it's no worse than calling her loyal viewers thieves!!!! How degrading and rude, she needs to remember it's the viewers that are providing her with a living, and she'll soon know if we "rob" that from her, the frumpy, gurning ninny!

It was rude Merry but when she stops insulting my intelligence i'll stop insulting her!

Robbed Us? Stately Home?

Breathtaking.

she has just said the egg changers were not supposed to go to a £1

utter bollocks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back