General ridiculousness thread

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here we go again. Dirty Peter is very excited to introduce a new brand called Oceans Jewellery that 'didn't arrive until the last minute'. He says 'it will be available in the next 4-8 weeks on the highstreet'.

Strange then that neither the on screen captions, or the website, make any mention of a brand name whatsoever.

Here we go again. Dirty Peter is very excited to introduce a new brand called Oceans Jewellery that 'didn't arrive until the last minute'.

Well of course it didn't arrive until the last minute because they're only selling it now! :wink:

(Seriously, it must be at least the second time that a presenter's recently said that something has arrived to be sold literally just hours beforehand.)

He says 'it will be available in the next 4-8 weeks on the highstreet'.

So Bid will be going bust in 4-8 weeks followed by their stock being flogged off in pound shops on the high street? :giggle: (Apologies for laughing at the thought of a company's imminent demise but if it does happen there will be far fewer jobs lost than Comet or Woolworths and a lot of people will be spared the nightmare of overpriced tat and trying to redeem practically useless 'vouchers' as a consequence.)

And whilst we're on the subject of ridiculousness, Justin AKA Bod was selling that small coffee maker yesterday and mistakenly claimed that it would be ideal for use in the bathroom, but what made it worse was the fact that he appeared to ask his producer whether or not it was OK for the coffee maker to be used in a bathroom, so he's either (a) not that bright or (b) chose the wrong tactic for covering up his error. Take your pick :wink:

Well of course it didn't arrive until the last minute because they're only selling it now! :wink:

(Seriously, it must be at least the second time that a presenter's recently said that something has arrived to be sold literally just hours beforehand.)

So Bid will be going bust in 4-8 weeks followed by their stock being flogged off in pound shops on the high street? :giggle: (Apologies for laughing at the thought of a company's imminent demise but if it does happen there will be far fewer jobs lost than Comet or Woolworths and a lot of people will be spared the nightmare of overpriced tat and trying to redeem practically useless 'vouchers' as a consequence.)

And whilst we're on the subject of ridiculousness, Justin AKA Bod was selling that small coffee maker yesterday and mistakenly claimed that it would be ideal for use in the bathroom, but what made it worse was the fact that he appeared to ask his producer whether or not it was OK for the coffee maker to be used in a bathroom, so he's either (a) not that bright or (b) chose the wrong tactic for covering up his error. Take your pick :wink:

There has been much evidence to suggest that Bod isn't the sharpest blade in the block.

Am I missing something here but why would you want a Coffee Maker in the bathroom anyway? I remember a few weeks back and he said when you get takeaway menus put through your door they could contain personal information that you should use the ID Stamp to disguise.

Silly Bod, his brains must have went with his hair.

Last edited:
thomas kinkade

a great family man seems to be the norm now for the sales

They had no difficulty in selling 5 (I think) out of 300 limited edition prints for more than £300 each. Think about it. Prints sold for £300+ each. Prints.

Not sure whether or not they were actually signed by the artist either, and it wasn't exactly his best work if perhaps typical of his subject matter (a romantic cottage that had so much light on the windows it looked as if the inside was on fire).

Did anyone see that rat faced wretch Ryes last night selling towels?

He was doing his usual slagging off competitors routine, he said he has been selling Towels for 10 years and Sit Up Presenters are true experts. He proceeded to tell his story that he went to a Department Store and started asking question about gsm and claimed the Department Manager didn't even know what he was talking about.

He is always doing it, pathetic little runt. Let me ask Ryes this, how many Upheld ASA Complaints has the said Department Store (which magnanimously he wouldn't name as that would be 'wrong') had in the last 6 months. 2? 5? 7?

I bet they haven't received TWENTY THREE. Oh, and 1 Partially Upheld and 11 Informally Resolved.

Shame on you.

Last edited:
Did anyone see that rat faced wretch Ryes last night selling towels?

He was doing his usual slagging off competitors routine, he said he has been selling Towels for 10 years and Sit Up Presenters are true experts. He proceeded to tell his story that he went to a Department Store and started asking question about gsm and claimed the Department Manager didn't even know what he was talking about.

He is always doing it, pathetic little runt. Let me ask Ryes this, how many Upheld ASA Complaints has the said Department Store (which magnanimously he wouldn't name as that would be 'wrong') had in the last 6 months. 2? 5? 7?

I bet they haven't received TWENTY THREE. Oh, and 1 Partially Upheld and 11 Informally Resolved.

Shame on you.

I really don't like Ryes, he seems the most ungenuine presenter out of them all imo.

Whats the deal with these Kinkade prints btw? I know they say limited but I've seen some of those prints before for sale. Perhaps the size of the print is the limited edition meaning? Its a tad confusing.

I really don't like Ryes, he seems the most ungenuine presenter out of them all imo.

Whats the deal with these Kinkade prints btw? I know they say limited but I've seen some of those prints before for sale. Perhaps the size of the print is the limited edition meaning? Its a tad confusing.

I'm not sure Mr M, I genuinely switch off when Kinkade comes on as I find them more even dull than gardening!

While i'm no expert they do appear incredibly overpriced to my untrained eye.

Last edited:
Dodgy Barry has taken to getting really close to the camera to explain how good a deal is.

He's bad enough from a distance but close up he is deeply creepy, yuck.

never watched more than a minute of there first show

i watch enough as it is without watching those two "experts" selling envelopes

Times must be hard they had Sherlock modelling polo shirts earlier. Probably can't afford Dallas anymore.

Times must be hard they had Sherlock modelling polo shirts earlier. Probably can't afford Dallas anymore.

Shocked Face Sherlock appeared a bit rough today, he had that 'morning after the night before' look about him.

It didn't hamper his bullshitting abilities though, he was in top form.

McDonald is struggling to sell the crappy, overpriced Nautical Time watches. He only shifted 6 from a quantity of 53.

I was thinking they could do a little riparian bundle of a Nautical Time Watch, a bottle of Yacht Man Blue and a pair of those Plastic Deck Shoes.

That would make for a very classy, seafaring look.

Why don't they sell lesbian and gay interest products? i'd buy them, books jewellery, leather clothing and cruise holidays....

Why don't they sell lesbian and gay interest products? i'd buy them, books jewellery, leather clothing and cruise holidays....

Maybe because various male staff would buy all the stock before the punters got a chance!

as of 5 minutes ago

price drop

bod doing his standard lines very accurate, very complaint but so very very boring

bid

more body essential bras that peter simon did not sell. Bless her sally remains enthusiastic but you can tell she wants to be selling something anything else

bid plus

mark ryes selling those cake pop things for twice the price they go on the other two channels. And suggesting if you are good with art they will start a nice business for somebody

Somebody help me

as of 5 minutes ago

price drop

bod doing his standard lines very accurate, very complaint but so very very boring

bid

more body essential bras that peter simon did not sell. Bless her sally remains enthusiastic but you can tell she wants to be selling something anything else

bid plus

mark ryes selling those cake pop things for twice the price they go on the other two channels. And suggesting if you are good with art they will start a nice business for somebody

Somebody help me

It would be lovely to think someone could take over Sit Up, sort out the merchandise then get rid of the likes of Bod, Rat Ryes and Golum Mason.

Then give Sally, Andy and James something compelling to sell. I'd buy.

It would be lovely to think someone could take over Sit Up, sort out the merchandise then get rid of the likes of Bod, Rat Ryes and Golum Mason.

Then give Sally, Andy and James something compelling to sell. I'd buy.

They have got the makings of an excellent channel, maybe they need to keep bid and ditch the rest. By far the biggest asset they have are some of the presenters - they are that good that you would ditch mainstream telly to watch them. Even the other shopping channels(Ideal World and QVC - I would never watch - far too boring)can't match sit up for entertainment. If only it could be harnessed with some decent products they could turn this around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back