General Banter and Random Musings

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Thank you - and we are trying our best as we are new and it’s growing and going to grow even more so we will get there and of course somethings we will agree and disagree on. But it’s important for me that we are also engaged with those who follow as well as new customers that come in and out. Some products will be popular, others may not be. I like Steven Brown so we are featuring it but it might not be everyone’s taste and we will soon know if it doesn’t sell, then we will offer something else. It will take time to grow but we are finding new brands to try and offer to customers. Lots of plans but we also know it’s day 2. :)
Your comments yesterday on the mattress I have taken on board and will try to reflect in the next show and future shows when price comparing.

Thank you - and we are trying our best as we are new and it’s growing and going to grow even more so we will get there and of course somethings we will agree and disagree on. But it’s important for me that we are also engaged with those who follow as well as new customers that come in and out. Some products will be popular, others may not be. I like Steven Brown so we are featuring it but it might not be everyone’s taste and we will soon know if it doesn’t sell, then we will offer something else. It will take time to grow but we are finding new brands to try and offer to customers. Lots of plans but we also know it’s day 2. :)
Your comments yesterday on the mattress I have taken on board and will try to reflect in the next show and future shows when price comparing.
Steven Brown isn’t to my tastes, but it was different

Terry Hopping…The above is how you engage with people in the right way on here when you work for a shopping channel.

They have just had Laura Ashley pillows on 6 for £20, the wrapper had 2 for £30, so a genuine offer,. Alex said earlier he had the GX pillows on, what are dearer, but as Alex said if you want a value pillow these are fine.

IW would have made some bull.

At this rate IW could slip down its place in the rank of Shopping TV Channels

And if I don’t respond I’m not ignoring anyone, I’m probably sleeping 😂 or at home over the weekend and out with the kids. I don’t want to suddenly pop up and then disappear after a week. But if I miss any questions etc just ask again in a few days time.

So it occurred to me that since COVID, there are now 800,000 'economically inactive' people, 600,000 of whom who left the workforce, according to recent accounts during the election news coverage.

That's a lot more people sat at home some of the time and a new potential captive audience for TV shopping channels to tap into.

They're not all on benefits so may have cash to spend, some have retired early or re-prioritised.

And shopping habits have changed and home delivery is more the norm, so TV shopping is just another home shopping experience, online via TV websites too.

Maybe this explains the new and burgeoning TV shopping channels market; they're having a renaissance?!

Just to point out we now have a clash with ShoponTV and SeenonTV both currently abbreviated on the forum as 'SoTV'.

So ShoTV and SeoTV may be a solution? Any better suggestions?

Same old same old. Same faces shuffled around. Uninspiring, cheap shoes currently. Shammy leathers before. How are these channels going to survive doing this long term?

In fairness, though…At least they are doing the same stuff well and professionally presented.
Comes back to what I keep on saying, I'd be very interested to know the quantities they shift. Not as in numbers shown on screen, I mean the actual numbers. Not meaning that in a poking fun way, I'm typing this with my business head on :)

You have to assume the numbers make it worth while. It's the extent to which it's worth while I'd be interested in.

Perhaps we'd all be shocked at the (high) numbers sold?

This channel is like a breath of fresh air so far. Despite the rebirth of IW nearly 9 months ago, it remains amateurish, and the sales techniques of certain presenters are particularly disliked by me. Watching for just 10 minutes at a time is enough for me. Nice to see genuine price comparisons on this channel, not made up ones or from similar looking items, and I had to laugh at the price comparison with TJC at one point yesterday.

This channel is like a breath of fresh air so far. Despite the rebirth of IW nearly 9 months ago, it remains amateurish, and the sales techniques of certain presenters are particularly disliked by me. Watching for just 10 minutes at a time is enough for me. Nice to see genuine price comparisons on this channel, not made up ones or from similar looking items, and I had to laugh at the price comparison with TJC at one point yesterday.
Yes

They had an air fryer on for £25, albeit a slightly smaller one. Decent price, unlike IW selling one for £60, pretending it's a bargain when a quick Google tells you a comparable one can be had for 50% less.

So some credit where it's due.

Latest posts

Back