General Banter and Random Musings

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Could one of the technical issues have been a plug falling out, The lack of duct tape, Cable management issues or someone tripping over a cable?
As they have clear links to other shoppingtelly channels I'd have hoped create and crap could have supplied tape, QVC some of those Velcro cable tidy things, IW3 a 20 extension lead with bonus USB sockets..
That said the studio set looks very professional, Maybe IW3 could move in and get them out of the shabby corner of the broom cupboard?
View attachment 28982
Those cameras were the temporary ones!

By the way, this came up when I went to google something. It made mainstream news. Well the so-called newspaper The Sun:

By the way, this came up when I went to google something. It made mainstream news. Well the so-called newspaper The Sun:

How dare you, a fine publication is that brilliant comic The Sunn!

😗/🥃

Nuffin' to do with me. I never said I work in the MEEJA. You can check my post history. And even if I did work in the MEEJA, I (probably) wouldn't know people who'd want to cover a low-hanging fruit story such as this. Besides, I don't even use the Shopping Telly forum the article draws its quotes from so wouldn't know to direct someone there…

Last edited:
😗/🥃

Nuffin' to do with me. I never said I work in the MEEJA. You can check my post history. And even if I did work in the MEEJA, I (probably) wouldn't know people who'd want to cover a low-hanging fruit story such as this. Besides, I don't even use the Shopping Telly forum the article draws its quotes from so wouldn't know to direct someone there…
I was surprised there wasn't more coverage, but then how many people actually care apart from us? :LOL:

I was surprised there wasn't more coverage, but then how many people actually care apart from us? :LOL:

Absolutely that - very, very few.

Which did make the histrionics and conspiracy theories from the people who worked on the channel all the more ridiculous to me. But I guess ego—on-screen talent think they're celebs or influencers, some BTS production team think they're hotshot industry players—was never going to be a match against reality so, understandably, they have to blame everything but themselves for the failure.

Sad fact is: no-one cared that this channel even existed, much less that it shut.

The only news coverage it mustered is basically a "LOL, FAIL" because of how comedically inept it is to fall off air within a week.

Low-rent channel made on the cheap, staffed by the same faces, same teams, same products, airing to about 50 people on rump-end of Freeview (most of them, based on Facebook, just die-hard 'fans' of Dennice), and as a result the entire endeavour died quicker than a Beldray cordless vac on high power.

Last edited:
I wonder what the word count was for that article?

"In a comment on ShoppingTelly.com, Knowles confirmed the channel needed to “seek more investment” to keep going.

He added that the channel needed to “seek more investment” to keep going."

My partner thinks I am the wearer of 1000 anoraks even entertaining the genre on to my TV screen, let alone writing about it. Like many who don't see how fascinating the genre can be for the wrong reasons.
Don’t forget Pedro would urge you to kiss my anorak(in another time warp Murial and Dr Lobitov would be married)
Hey Ho another end of the pier💩show🤣

My partner thinks I am the wearer of 1000 anoraks even entertaining the genre on to my TV screen, let alone writing about it. Like many who don't see how fascinating the genre can be for the wrong reasons.
My friend and I about 20 years ago used to watch these channels and take the piss. But I appreciate that people's livelihoods are at stake and genuinely hoped this incarnation would improve things

But will Simon Lies actually appear or might he send his market stall grafter Mark Ryes who could probably do with the work?

Also Alex Knowles was back on Shop on TV last night so you have to assume that he isn't buying the ludicrous narrative that they were responsible for sabotaging Seen on TV if he was willing to appear on their live shopping show. Although when asked by the host if he agreed that the Nectar mattress that he was there representing was "the best game in town" he responded "certainly when you're talking about sleep trials, this is the best sleep trial I've ever seen." If Alex is such a decent and honest chap, maybe he should only take a wage for representing products that he actually thinks are the top of their game.

But will Simon Lies actually appear or might he send his market stall grafter Mark Ryes who could probably do with the work?

Also Alex Knowles was back on Shop on TV last night so you have to assume that he isn't buying the ludicrous narrative that they were responsible for sabotaging Seen on TV if he was willing to appear on their live shopping show. Although when asked by the host if he agreed that the Nectar mattress that he was there representing was "the best game in town" he responded "certainly when you're talking about sleep trials, this is the best sleep trial I've ever seen." If Alex is such a decent and honest chap, maybe he should only take a wage for representing products that he actually thinks are the top of their game.
Create and Craft states it’s Mark but no surname. Is Mark Reyes the creepy little blonde chap?

Latest posts

Back