Gemporia's Baby. JM

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Ant7t

Registered Shopper
I've just wandered over to the JM forum to see it seems to have very little new posts, and as it's related to Gems, I'll ask here. I used to buy a fair bit off JM, but haven't done so for a while (except for the once recently). So, my inquiry is, does JM seem to be falling as quickly as Gemporia? Coat tails and all. I get the impression that when El is on it's virtually Jade and Pearls all the way (she seems to do the higher end goods) and when Carol is on she does 'the rest'. All much of a muchness now.

I'd say that JM has fallen quicker than Gems TV.

They cut its broadcasting hours, which speaks volumes. Presenters have been made redundant. Guest designers have gone. Strands have increased significantly in price but become much much shorter in length. The days of cheap cabochon bundles have gone, and even silver components are few and far between.

Despite Gemporia claiming to be anti brass and glass, JM is full of cheap glass beads and base metal components.

Their service is shocking with poorly packaged deliveries and broken items, and they take ages to be delivered as they go via Whistl before being handed to Royal Mail.

Instead of solving the problems that Immediate Media created, they added to them - and, like Gems TV, the channel is unwatchable. Elena is annoying with her singing, Carol is THE most unprofessional presenter ever and is clearly a sandwich short of a picnic. Zena hasn't been on screen for months and nobody seems to know why either.

Awful channel.

Zena hasn't been on screen for months and nobody seems to know why either.

Awful channel.
I agree with you. It has been going downhill, but I initially put that down to IM. There was a period when I didn't buy off JM from the Jan. to Oct. (same year) and for me to not buy for that length is something. That was due to the awful postage. And I recall Zena was on JM and they were going to take her off, and dare I say, I was one of those who wanted her to stay: she obviously did. I did like her. Last I saw her was on Hobby Maker, but, I don't watch that enough, so don't even know if she is still there.

I agree with you. It has been going downhill, but I initially put that down to IM. There was a period when I didn't buy off JM from the Jan. to Oct. (same year) and for me to not buy for that length is something. That was due to the awful postage. And I recall Zena was on JM and they were going to take her off, and dare I say, I was one of those who wanted her to stay: she obviously did. I did like her. Last I saw her was on Hobby Maker, but, I don't watch that enough, so don't even know if she is still there.

The problems started when IM bought the channel. Prior to that, it was running well under Gemporia.

However, IM ran it into the ground - and instead of rectifying those problems when Gemporia bought it back, they added to those problems. That channel is doomed in my opinion. It's broadcasting hours have gradually reduced, and I suspect that eventually, it'll 'merge' in with Hobby Maker - with just one or two hours of strands per day.

As for Zena - no, she's been off for ages for 'personal reasons'. Nobody seems to know why she's off - or when she'll go back. That's come from a source within Gemporia.

Latest posts

Back