Gemporia still sinking

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

There is definitely something dodgy going on at Gemporia. I have a sneaking suspicion that the company will soon be renamed David Harry Jewels. All the main protagonists are already in place - Dave Troth and Hannah Bennett-Thompson are co-owners of David Harry Jewels and, of course, Hannah is Jake Thompson's wife. So, a nice cosy little arrangement all round. This too would be in keeping with Steve Bennett's mantra of a family owned business, as he is Hannah's dad.
Okay, so this is just a hunch on my part but it would, perhaps, explain Troth's constant, daily appearances on our screens, acting like he owns the place & the deference of the Presenters, hanging on his every word! By the way, please google David Harry Jewels, where Troth says "I am David Harry." I thought he was David Troth? 🤔
Anyway, I'm probably way off the mark with this, 🤣
but I'd like to hear your thoughts/opinions, please.
Interesting and there are many mentions of the new company?? Right on with the comment dodgy.

I saw them for a lot less on TJC a while back! I looked at gems today I honestly can't believe the tat Ellis was trying to sell at ridiculous prices. Angeline yesterday was pitiful with her false " you must have this" Jess is as bad now. How desperate they must be to lie to thousands of people just to be on television. They are ALL a disgrace and I don't think it will ever change now apart from them getting worse.The presenters on other channels are all selling items which they probably know are not worth the money but at least they are more subtle .
Makes you sentimental about the days when you could go to the Saturday market and end up handing over a couple of quid for a little plastic screw-in juice extractor, which you never knew you needed, and enjoy the theatre of "Not £5, not even £4, no not even £3..." 🤣

Jewellery Maker have just sold a 6 inch strand of Queen Conch rounds for £129.
It took me about 15 seconds to find an identical strand on Etsy for £7.17!! 😳

Can Adina actually speak without all the hand movements?It’s constant, every single word is gestured. Drives me nuts.
All presenters on Gems, all the time: "There are less than number left.." 😠

also Adina (just now): "There is only number left.." 😞

also Gem Collector FB:

Screenshot_2023-11-12-16-48-51-178.jpeg

Just sad and a little revealing.

I wonder does anyone have any thoughts on this black opal from TJC . It’s in platinum with diamond for 460 . Im an even worse judge of opals than other gems. I know black opals are expensive but on the other hand shouldn’t there be more colour.

Attachments

• IMG_0575.png
    IMG_0575.png
    68.2 KB · Views: 37
I wonder does anyone have any thoughts on this black opal from TJC . It’s in platinum with diamond for 460 . Im an even worse judge of opals than other gems. I know black opals are expensive but on the other hand shouldn’t there be more colour.

It doesn't look like a 'proper' black opal from that picture. It looks like it's dyed.

Thanks for the tip. How great it would be if they would just specify. I’ve asked c.s. but anyone who has shopped with them knows how great they are NOT.

I have seen opals described as being black for sale online but they’re all dyed otherwise they wouldn’t be cheap.Also a natural black opal would show colours usually. Adina now touching her nose every few seconds and going on about ‘The Original’ turquoise.Everything is Original with her.

If its TJC it's probably had every treatment under the sun! Oh, sorry, I forgot - they don't do treatments. 🤔😇

I'm very far from a prude but Adina has just called Luke a "sexytime Angel".

Male presenter did that to a younger female he'd be called all sorts.

I get the impression Adina has a bit of a thing for Luke. I know she has a jokey personality on-air - but she's often making comments that are just about stepping over the line of work colleague / friends 'banter' to slightly unprofessional (at least to see/ hear on-air anyway).

I suspect 'behind the scenes', there's often friendly banter between colleagues - Luke is a good looking guy that works out and obviously appeals to the ladies (female viewers have also messaged in sharing their jokey banter about Luke and his muscles) - and Adina will no doubt attract attention from the male crew because she is fairly attractive, plus there two other big reasons why she might gain attention (they used to make more of an appearance before she started covering up a bit more).

Workplace banter is fine - but keep it off camera.

As you say, if it was someone like Jim Brooman making comments like that to, say Hattie or Kati Elliott, I'm sure the postman would be wheeling the letters in to Ofcom HQ in a wheelbarrow.

Bonkers price and comparing this to a Pomelato pendant or a Piaget gold, gem set malachite gold ring is bonkers too. Have a lovely hunk of interesting malachite. This is ordinary at best.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-11-20-20-17-30-015.jpeg
    Screenshot_2023-11-20-20-17-30-015.jpeg
    158.5 KB · Views: 48

Latest posts

Back