Gem silver TSV tonight

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

The Smokey Quartz reminds me of the GobStoppers we used to buy on the way to School (many years ago...)
My OH said it needed to be that size, or bigger....... he loves me really:D:D

Well done on finding this SCW, you're the ultimate QVC super sleuther :)

I'm debating whether to get this, I'm wondering if it's too big, hopefully it won't sell out before I've made up my mind.

Great value for money. One is coming home for a closer look;)

ohh Tabs please let us know what you think when you get it home please

Well done on finding this SCW, you're the ultimate QVC super sleuther :)

I'm debating whether to get this, I'm wondering if it's too big, hopefully it won't sell out before I've made up my mind.

aww thanks Claudia mind you when i found it i was a bit shocked but if it helps people i dont mind sharing it with others

Too too big!

I love modern designs usually but this over the top.
If you are going to go large then it has to very carefully thought through
with the design.
I love Lola Rose and although her rings are usually big they seem balanced.
This is just a big ugly gobstopper! It is also the fact that it comes in dark colours to that dont do it any favours either. It does not look right for summer wear.
Well, there is my HO for what its worth

I think it looks a big stonker of a statement piece! We all have different tastes and i love it, will post up when it arrives tho.

Mine arrived today, but with a big question mark hanging over the size!! It spins on my finger, possibly wrong size sent so now have to wait a replacement:rolleyes:

I ordered one of each and they are great. They would be good in other gemstones too. Wondered if they were going to be too big reading posts on forum, but they are fab!

Mine arrived yesterday, I got the smoky quartz version. The stone's quite dark but very clear.

The top of the stone is chequerboard cut, it's been cut very nicely with even faceting.

The girdle sits proud of the bezel setting, as if the stone's resting in a little cup. There's no rubover or claws to keep the stone in so it must be glued in I suppose!

Below the girdle (between the girdle and the setting) there's no faceting, it's round and smoothed like a cabochon cut.

The back of the stone (which isn't visible because of the setting) is a very interesting shape, it's not pointed at the back like a normal brilliant cut stone would be. It's as if the culet has been cut off to enable the stone to sit in the silver cup. That's good because if the cut was conventional the stone would sit far too high above the finger.

Because of the closed in setting, there's no light coming in through the back of the stone. Instead, under bright light (eg sunlight) you get a lovely criss-cross effect where the reflections of the chequerboard lines bounce off the silver setting at the back. This could be why the stone looked a bit cloudy on the TV presentation - it isn't.

The setting itself is a bit unbalanced. The silver at the back of the shank is just too narrow for such a heavy ring. I ordered a size bigger than usual (which is what I always do for chunky rings) but I should have just ordered my usual size. I think that's why Tabs is having trouble with it spinning round. It's a shame as this is one of those 'cutting corner' details that could spoil an otherwise lovely ring.

I wore my ring yesterday for our end-of-term presentation assembly - I wouldn't recommend wearing it anywhere where you need to do lots of clapping as it bounces around on your finger & you could end up with bruises! Otherwise it's a ring for any occasion IMO, it's a keeper.

Last edited:
I ordered my usual size N Jantac, I only go up a size on Suarti rings. The one received fits my left hand index finger, which usually takes a size P or Q. I would have kept it as it is if it fitted my right hand index but it dosent. Its a shame cos i love the ring, but i dont want it continually spinning, we'll see what happens with the replacement.

I've just checked my ring to see whether it 'comes up' as big or small and it's actually half a size SMALLER than the size I ordered - so if yours is too large Tabs then it does sound like you've been sent the wrong size. What a shame, I hope you get it sorted.

Latest posts

Back