Gardening Pick of the Month

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I like this plant food, and have been waiting for it to come up as a single item rather than in a package with other things that aren't necessary. Will be adding this to my order when I use my easy-pay code.

I like this plant food, and have been waiting for it to come up as a single item rather than in a package with other things that aren't necessary. Will be adding this to my order when I use my easy-pay code.

Dips its already on 2 easy pays for this weekend only and dont forget there is also an auto delivery option to lock in the free postage

its very good I bought a kit with it and I have to say I am smitten. was not too swayed initially but several months later some ailing old plants are flowering which had not done so for a few years. if you don't mind paying a kings ransome for it its not bad just expensive

[h=2]
icon3.png
Gardening Pick of the Month[/h]

Oh Joy, now we can expect the gnome to pop up numerous times this month, with his smarmy smile and rubbing his hands together all the way to the bank....I can't stand the guy. If his plant food is as good as his lawn magic he can keep it....:mysmilie_10:

Years back when Richard Jackson, first bought us Flower Power, he said it was gonna be a limited edition plant food, normally limited edition, means maybe he will do it for one summer, and then discontinue, but obviously the little gnome, thought ooh yes, this makes me so much money, stuff the limited edition, im gonna continue making money. Then he thought to himself, how can i make more money, i will introudce Root Booster.

And then f course came several other products, like Lawn Magic, Slug Pellets etc.

Im surprised we dont get hours called RJ's Flower Poeer and accessories or something.

I use Miracle-Gro - much cheaper and is always effective.

Now what I would be interested in is a garden gnome which can cut the grass and dig the borders. Over to you RJ!

I bought a tub, which contained two bags of it, about two years ago. I've used it sporadically in the garden while new plants were getting established and they've done well (but that might be down to the virgin soil too as my garden was empty when I moved in.) However, I used it regularly on a house plant (I can't remember the name, but someone said they thought it was a hibiscus) which had got the lurgy. I cut the plant down to root level and decided to try flower power as a last resort (before binning it.)

That plant is now huge and very healthy and I'd honestly thought it was well on the way out. It has an abundance of huge apricot coloured flowers which have been 'blasting' forth for the last six months. A friend saw it last week and said "wasn't that the plant that was on its last legs?" I would attribute its recovery and subsequent floral display and health to FP ........ and considering the last time it had flowered was over ten years ago, before I hacked it to an inch of its life, it looks amazing.

However, I won't buy this month's TSV because despite the fact that I've used FP regularly I have still got loads left.

Fair enough Toril but how do you know plants being plants that the plant might not have just recovered anyway with some other plant food, but if you like it fine i hope you have a great garden this year.

Fair enough Toril but how do you know plants being plants that the plant might not have just recovered anyway with some other plant food, but if you like it fine i hope you have a great garden this year.

I used it because I already had some (having falling for the hype when I first got Freeview and found QVC :eek:) It probably would have recovered with any brand of plant food supplement but, as it had a disease all over the leaves that had transferred from a poinsettia that someone had bought me for Christmas and which consequently dropped all its leaves and died, I don't think it would have survived without some help. The stems went brown and then a deathly grey and then the leaves got the same black blotches on that the poisettia had had, before they dropped off.

Even when I've finished the FP that I've got I won't repeat buy it if I can find a cheaper alternative, which I know I can.

And my garden is now well established and does fine with water from the water butt (or last year with rain direct from the clouds :wink:) so I won't be 'Flower Powering' that this year. :smile:

I bought a bottle of rose fertiliser in Home Bargains last year for £1.99 and had great results with it on all my flowering plants not just roses (only got one rose !).

The potash content wasn't as high as Flower Power but I used it without fail every 3 or 4 days when watering pots and baskets. Potash doesn't hang around long in soil so too high a dose in one application is wasted (along with a lot of money if you've used FP).

Personally every time i see RJ i have a vision of him with a flowerpot on his head and strings on his arms and legs like one of the flowerpot men sorry RJ but i can't help it.

I won't be buying them. They would probably have to live indoors all winter to stand a chance of survival. I have one left of the last 6. 3 originals died and I have one left of the replacement 3. I have 4 other clematis bought years ago as proper size plants from rhs wisley all still alive including one that got wilt this year and had to be cut down and replanted.
Mine from qvc were plugs and these are in 7cm pots so maybe they will stand more of a chance.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back