Fran Wilson lipsticks

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I might be completely wrong about this but when I first "joined" QVC 3 years ago I thought the sets were a lot cheaper than they are now. I'm sure there were sets of 6+ lipsticks/glosses for under £15 ?

Perhaps its just that the sets are larger now - the price per item is still good at about £4, but I know that it would take me years to get through 12 lipsticks. Also in some sets the colours seem quite "samey".

Linda :hi:

PS. silly idea to have Simon presenting lipsticks - he is obviously being fed very detailed comments and questions through his ear piece, it sounds ridiculous.

Last edited:
It's probably the exchange rate that has pushed up prices from the USA.

Doesn't AY say that Fran Wilson only make lipsticks and lip glosses?

They don't:

http://franwilson.com/

I think it's been well established that a lot of what AY spouts is less than honest! I'm glad she finally (sort of) retracted her continous statement about Smashbox yesterday...I contacted CS several times saying that QVC weren't the only stockist yet she continued to say it over and over. Then when she finally apologised she said there were 'maybe 2' other places where you could get it!! What a load of nonsense!

Grrr...

Oh and yes, the FW lip sets definitely used to be cheaper and they're very samey, it's what has put me off trying them up to now in fact. I don't need 12 lipsticks which are practically the same colour!

ooh where else can you get Smashbox? as regards prices i think everything has gone up on QVC,I'm not buying much at the moment and am going back to the mcuh maligned high street, hey there's a cheapo make up place where I live that sells Gayle Hayman which AY would also have us believe is exclusive to them. Probably end of line stuff and it's not a range I've ever bought but thought I'd mention it.

ooh where else can you get Smashbox? as regards prices i think everything has gone up on QVC,I'm not buying much at the moment and am going back to the mcuh maligned high street, hey there's a cheapo make up place where I live that sells Gayle Hayman which AY would also have us believe is exclusive to them. Probably end of line stuff and it's not a range I've ever bought but thought I'd mention it.

I think it's fair to say that prices have gone up everywhere, not just on QVC. The high street, mail order, holidays, travel, petrol, insurance, utilities etc. etc. That's life.

Just Beauty Direct - It's fab, you get a free gift if you spend more than £35 - plus postage is dead quick!! Definately recommend it!! If you look in outlets on the forum page there is a section on them!

I really fancy the fran wilson when I see it - but then the reviews are never raving about it,so i don't purchase!

JBD is definitely the best place to get it! Super fast shipping (unlike some other sites we could mention!), free samples, beautifully wrapped etc. Can't go wrong and far better value than QVC too. Also some Debenhams now have Smashbox counters. There's a list of some of them on the JBD forum. I advise going to the counter to stick your fingers in things, then buy them from JBD, that's what I'll be doing haha! :happy:

Tx

Just Beauty Direct - It's fab, you get a free gift if you spend more than £35 - plus postage is dead quick!! Definately recommend it!! If you look in outlets on the forum page there is a section on them!

Oh thank you JCR1982, just nipped on there for a quick peek, very, very tempting, can see I'll be getting things to add to my stash. Really pleased to find another source of Smashbox plus other tempting treats!:happy:

Latest posts

Back