For Pity's Sake Catherine

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Half of those 30 years have been spent on the tele, - not exactly pummelling someones face with beauty products in a salon. So its a very large pinch of salt to be taken.

Surely it's more accurate to say, we haven't seen any of her qualifications?

Anyone with a background in the beauty industry working for top brands like Clarins and Decleor in the past will have qualifications. I agree it would be good to see more information of Alison's beauty CV, and some display of qualifications to back up the new strapline "Qualified Beauty Expert".

Clarins etc was thirty years ago! Things have evolved since then, methods have changed but let's face it, does AY seem the shy and retiring type, or modest to you? I'm pretty sure if she had qualifications she'd let you know about them and her certificates would be sitting right along side her on that table. Going for an Elimis, or Decleor facial doesn't qualify you as a "beauty expert"

Alexis was beautifully made up, hair styled and fashionably dressed.

Alison Young looked like a tramp. I don't know why she's allowed to get away with it.

I noticed that as well, Alexis looked elegant and classic, AY that grey buttoned up shirt/blouse did nothing for her. Just as washed out and deep coloured lips which she did not suit

If she's the "resident beauty expert" then I agree, her credentials should be available for all to see. What's not to be proud of? And as for her dress and makeup sense ... dearie me. She could look really attractive if she tried but she just looks as if she's saying she doesn't have to try hard, like the rest of us. Yes, Alison, you do. Particularly you in your position. Where are the QVC stylists when they're needed?

Unless, of course, it's all down to Micael, god love her.

Why doesn't she just go shopping with a personal shopper a few times a year and then her clothing issues would be sorted? If you're not great at picking flattering items they are a great help.

i dont think alison young has to prove anything to anyone apart from her now empolyees qvc..she wants to look and feel comfy on set. she cant help her hair if shes ill. meds can ruin your hair

Sorry Boffy, but she is ill just does not cut it. A few inches of the hair and deeper blond shade with the roots done, its well over highlighted. Its dry as straw because of the over processing, illness thyroid her hair will be very fine. In fact she admitted recently she did not need the hair thickening product. Has nothing to do with being ill, if she is then she should be off work. AY admitted she has just returned from a holiday in the South of France last week. The ultra shiny cheek highlighter, the too pale foundation the wrong shade of lipstick is nothing to do with being ill.

She does not wear comfy clothes, no way. The high heels she cannot stand in, are not for comfort. The on trend stuff which does not suit her body shape are not for comfort, the wrong colours which drain her are not for comfort.

Looking back 15+ years ago she used to wear rather pretty sorbet-pastel coloured trousers & jackets that suited her colouring and gave her a professional look without wearing her therapist tunic. She seems to have lost her way in fashion since those days...

....maybe she could consider a hat to cover her roots? :mysmilie_46:

Attachments

• Barbara-Cartland.jpg
    Barbara-Cartland.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 89
Surely it's more accurate to say, we haven't seen any of her qualifications?

Anyone with a background in the beauty industry working for top brands like Clarins and Decleor in the past will have qualifications. I agree it would be good to see more information of Alison's beauty CV, and some display of qualifications to back up the new strapline "Qualified Beauty Expert".

Once, many moons ago , when ESPN used to be sold I am sure she said her first job was with them.

That grey shirt was dire, should be consigned to military uniform only. Wearing it when it done absolutely nothing for her is very questionable for the make up industry side of her profession. Talking to guests about juicy, fresh, sunshine, smoky, nude, neutral pallets are all just soundbites. Sludgy coloured clothes, especially in Summer, are not fresh, cool, crisp looking. Unless she is colourblind!

Although she's too shy to mention her experience and qualifications, I'm sure she wouldn't have blagged her way into the job.
:mysmilie_514:

Twenty years ago they probably needed someone who wasn't shy and could talk (and boy can she talk) who knew a bit about beauty, which she probably did twenty years ago, but I think QVC, being a shopping channel, were more interested in if someone could actually sell rather than their actual experience. It's funny because the only advice I've ever hear her give, is which QVC beauty product you should buy.

That grey shirt was dire, should be consigned to military uniform only. Wearing it when it done absolutely nothing for her is very questionable for the make up industry side of her profession. Talking to guests about juicy, fresh, sunshine, smoky, nude, neutral pallets are all just soundbites. Sludgy coloured clothes, especially in Summer, are not fresh, cool, crisp looking. Unless she is colourblind!

Really baffles me what some of the presenters wear on QVC! Do they choose their own outfit or are they given a choice and told to wear one? I cringe when I see some of them. I am no fashion guru but have a good idea what suits me etc. etc. :mysmilie_17:

They wear their own clothes, unless forced to wear during fashion. Jill Franks gets a pass as nothing will fit her.

Its been said here years back they had a personal shopper who went with each presenter. Alison Young has said she goes by what your husband likes her to wear. She really needs him to book an appointment with Specsavers.:mysmilie_17:

They wear their own clothes, unless forced to wear during fashion. Jill Franks gets a pass as nothing will fit her.

Its been said here years back they had a personal shopper who went with each presenter. Alison Young has said she goes by what your husband likes her to wear. She really needs him to book an appointment with Specsavers.:mysmilie_17:

If AY has a personal shopper she doesn't go with them and doesn't question their choices and doesn't look at them, just throws them on and goes.

Latest posts

Back