BurlyBeaR

Registered Shopper
a christmas pudding for £20

3 Bottles of wine called "pig in a poke" (sounds nasty) for £28

WHO IS BUYING THIS ****?????

not me ..... haven't watched all day .... can't believe they have wasted a whole day on this crap

On saturday I made 6 individual mini christmas puds, for a grand total of £7.36! Not including the booze, which was left over from last year. There are still plenty of ingredients left over for the christmas cake as well. :mysmilie_46: :angel:

What's the deal with the food and 30 day MBG - do you just send back the empty containers and a few crumbs?

it was the same with that crazy post the choc thing, ten pounds for nine chocs and then you still have to buy three stamps to post it.I cannot believe that people are being sucked into buying this overpriced garbage. I love christmas and one of the things i love most is the food. But what i saw was average unexciting stuff at ridiculous prices.I do spend more on food etc at christmas but i still want good quality at a reasonable price, i dont think qvc offer that.

I agree totally
Yesterdays Christmas food thing with the overpriced foods is everything I hate about the showyness of Christmas, resulting in many people coming to CAB in Jan/Feb and not knowing how to pay bills.

making my christmas cakes with some bajun rum for around £3 a bottle and its the mount gay stuff from my recent holiday so no i will not be buying qvc's offerings!

I really hate watching food demos on QVC. Even if it's something I normally like (which is most things!) the presentations always manage to make me feel queasy :sweat:. Tons of chocolate, heavy-looking pies and sizzling meat looking greasy under studio lights. Not to mention presenters oohing and aaahing over everything they put in their mouth, when you know that, often, they hate it.

The run-up to Christmas seems to get worse every year - I avoid it like the plague. I only buy a handful of presents, as the family stopped gift giving years ago. I buy a few treats but my food shopping is fairly low-key. I get my meat from the local butcher - his stuff is lovely.

In the words of Jim Royle, it all turns to a turd anyway.

Don't mean to be crude, but you get my point?

Flippin' heck! It takes no time at all to make a plum pud, pretty cheap and you won't have peel in it (yuk!). More importantly it's loads of fun and all that stirring helps the ole biceps. Each their own I suppose.

Latest posts

Back