Five Easy Pays

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Yorkdel

Registered Shopper
Anybody noticed that the presenters seem to be getting more and more misleading regarding the Easy Pays?
For instance twice this morning Eilidh was encouraging people to take out five easy pays and not to worry because they didn’t carry out a credit check. Yes they do! It’s there in black and white on the website and I just feel that people are being misled and there will be a lot of people being turned down and not understanding why.

QVC do not do a 'credit check' in terms of a hard search which could affect your credit score. They do a 'soft check', primarily to check identity and address details for larger purchases. It's the same sort of credit search that you'd get when getting motor insurance quotes from a price comparison website, or when checking your own credit file. The soft search is not visible to anyone other than you and they have no effect on your credit file or score.

Because they don't do a hard search, people are not assessed for credit or affordability and the only way someone would be 'turned down' is if their name, address or other public information did not match the account details held by QVC. I agree that Eilidh saying 'they don't do a credit check' isn't techincally right, but she's using the phrase in a way most people understand it: a 'hard' search. Nevertheless, she'd be better advised to avoid using the term altogether.

QVC shouldn't be encouraging 5 easy pays, especially on larger monthly payments. I did this once and then had an unexpected financial event and I then struggled a bit to pay the easy pays for the next 3 months. I think 3 EP is the max they should offer.

CC

QVC shouldn't be encouraging 5 easy pays, especially on larger monthly payments. I did this once and then had an unexpected financial event and I then struggled a bit to pay the easy pays for the next 3 months. I think 3 EP is the max they should offer.

CC
They also shouldn't be encouraging people to buy things like biscuits and popcorn on easy pays which, after all, is a form of credit. Credit isn't really for overpriced snacks.

CC
With five easy pays, it feels like the debt is on your shoulders for ever. Perhaps they should give a choice of a payment schedule : all at once, three, four or five. QVC Italy often offer six easy pays for higher priced items.

Latest posts

Back