Finally today was the day

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Lucy-loo

Registered Shopper
I have been a member of this forum for many years, though I dont post as often as I used to , but I do check in every day, and Ive seen other people put their love affair with QVC was over, well I think mine is, it all started with me looking for a box to send a parcel, and in one wardrobe, I have found unopened Liz Earle, Locitane, even some unopened iphone speakers , that look so out of date, god knows how old they are, so many yankee candles, and more hot brushes and hair products that I care to think about,

but what realy did it was the ammount of craft stuff, paper card stickers you name it Ive got it, all courtesy of Dawn Bibby and easy pay and TSV,, and convincing me I could be a card maker, maybe briefly I was, but never enough to use all this stuff.

So a lot has gone in the bin, and the kids next door were realy grateful.

I was beginning to lose interest in QVC, and I dont buy anything like I used to and the ammount of times I would have bought things had I not looked on here first, oh forgot the garden stuff thats in the shed

I would hate to think how much Ive spent unnecessary over the years, but thats it Im done with QVC now.

I know exactly how you feel. Like you and a lot of others on here, I bought loads of 'stuff' in the mid noughties when I used to be glued all day to Q and their Craft Days, Silver Days, Gem Days etc when the products really were good quality. Reality set in with me, particularly with craft, when I discovered I wasn't using all the 'put together packs' and could buy the items singly and cheaper elsewhere. It was pure idleness also that I 'couldn't be bothered' to wrap up the not wanted items for return, and decided to keep them instead.

Its all much too boring now, and I've heard the Yankee Candle (and others) spiel so often that I could do the presenter's job with my eyes closed standing on my head !!

Wow your wardrobe sounds fab!! lol If the items are still in good condition try and donate them to a charity shop or even a nursing home etc , Im sure they would be very grateful for the items :)

I have just had a tidy up of my massive (yes massive) jewellery "wardrobe" and although I do wear most of it I just knew I have to STOP buying.

I am fairly lucky that over the past few years I haven't had to really think about how much I was spending but intend to retire soon so it will be a completely different kettle of fish.

I like my bags but have nearly gone cold turkey on those so only the bling habit to kick now!

I've finally kicked the Kipling habit. I saw one on amazon before Christmas so that was my present from me to me and I love it and use it every day. The other bags (no, I don't need umpteen colours) will find their way to ebay eventually.

I have reduced my spending from QVC a lot, basically because they're one of the most dearest places to shop, slow delivery and expensive p&p with an absolutely ridiculous fourteen day wait for refunds. Twenty one years ago they were the leaders because there was nowhere else to shop, but now with the internet, QVC haven't evolved to compete. If they don't I really doubt they'll see their 25th year as more and more now people are able to shop on line, they can't just rely now on people who can only shop through the tv.

I still buy at least one item a month. They are items that I cannot buy elsewhere. It is rare that I manage a complete month without buying anything

I still buy at least one item a month. They are items that I cannot buy elsewhere. It is rare that I manage a complete month without buying anything

Same here but that's good for me considering how much I used to order.
Luckily I've fallen out of love with their jewellery, not a patch on what it used to be, as that was my biggest downfall. Now it's mostly BM or Laura Geller TSVs or nail polish TSVs, though I already have enough to stock a salon.
I don't even order skin care now, not even TSVs which I used to as I find Boots suits me better & works out cheaper with the countless coupons they give out & half price or 3for2 offers.

Only ever waited 2 days for a refund once the item has been received back at QVC. I don't buy as much as I used to but I have just bought the molton brown mini products and I still sneak in the odd De Jager bulbs. Used to buy loads of gold and gems - where on earth are they??? Must seek out my old jewellery boxes and get that lot valued!

CC

I rarely buy from Q these days but have bought more than my fair share in the past. If we were all to add up the value of too many unused handbags loitering in cupboards, stashes of skincare hidden in wardrobes, unworn clothes, rarely worn jewellery, never used kitchen gadgets, overflowing makeup bags, bottles of shower gels etc etc all bought from Q, then it would be gobsmacking for some people.

We've all signed the pledge before only to slip off the wagon before we can say QVC! I have just returned 2 items as I came to my senses.If there is something I am interested in will look elsewhere online for free P&P offers.I am letting the 'easypayments' run out as I am tired of seeing the reminders pop up in my email.Time for a new start,mmmmmm will I keep to it?!

I buy very little from QVC these days but used to buy lots of silver, a wardrobe full of makeup and skincare and enough crafting stuff to stock a craft shop.
I still buy Laura Geller, ABC skinwash and SBC from QVC as their prices on kits can't be beaten. However I do buy L'Occitane, Nuxe and Decleor from places like Amazon, M&S, FeelUnique and AllBeauty.
I don't buy much jewellery anymore as I rarely find anything nicer than Suarti and Chateau D'argent jewellery I bought from QVC years back. The diamonique and Or Paz shows are still fab though.

I'd almost forgotten about those. What happened to Suarti, Chateaux D'Argent, & the likes? I know the price of gold means we won't see the likes of some of the gem ranges, like Chic Elegance, in gold anytime soon but they're still selling some silver. Carolyn Pollack & Judith Ripka are still on QVC in America so how come we never get them any more?

I decided I had to control my Q buying as I was spending too much and with the p+p to Spain and the pound against the Euro it is really getting too expensive
I too have enough make up and skin care and Kipling bags to last my lifetime so though I am not religous I decided to give up buying from Q for Lent So far I have only boght 2 things, one of which I have returned as it arrived broken. I still look online daily,you can't cure an addiction overnight but my bank balance and my guilty concience are improving!!

Well Im glad its not only me, and oh I forgot all the make up, and kipling bags, Im going to stop looking now, who knows what else I will find.

Weird that I am buying less now that I am earning more as just gone back full time. I guess I am too busy and tired to shop now. Still like the make up TSV's though and stash isn't as bad as some describe on here. I tend to sell unwanted items on eBay though and I make sure that I can be bothered to return items that I won't use.

Latest posts

Back