Fifty Thousand??

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
UN BE LIEVABLE ! THAT 50,000 gullibles have bought the Dyson airwrap at £450 - well according to QVC anyway. And who buys a gadget at that price just because its a certain colour ?? They bring out the pink, the copper, the red - and now the blue, as if the sodding colour matters !!!

I certainly wouldn’t spend that on a hair wrap, or a Dyson anything to be honest and that includes their fans and vacuum cleaners.

My Babyliss hair dryer was £20, my hair straighteners were the same price. I can use different heats on the hair dryer and the straighteners. My hair is long, I’ve got no split ends and it’s not dry at the ends so, James Dyson can take a hike. He’s not getting my money. I’d rather spend my money on something more important and beneficial.

UN BE LIEVABLE ! THAT 50,000 gullibles have bought the Dyson airwrap at £450 - well according to QVC anyway. And who buys a gadget at that price just because its a certain colour ?? They bring out the pink, the copper, the red - and now the blue, as if the sodding colour matters !!!
Really unbelievable!!! I can understand people choosing kitchen appliances, landline phones to fit in with their home decor..but something that's going to live in a cupboard or remain in its box when it's not being used...Why on God's earth would you pay extra because you like the colour better?! Now I'm not one to use the term "more money than sense" - but i'll gladly make an exception here!

I tried the hairdryer out of curiosity for a few days and came to the conclusion for me it was certainly no better than my usual one, so returned.At the moment I have ordered a coat from a High Street retailer more than I usually pay and have been unsure whether to return it or not.I went out and did some comparisons with similar but cheaper products.I am keeping the more expensive coat because I can see the value to me.Some people obviously see the Dyson as an advantage and willing to pay what does seem a ridiculous price, their money!

I take everything that the tat peddlers say with a pinch of salt & have always wondered why the Q shows reviews that were posted on Dyson's website along with those from their customers.

Some years back in Belfast a load of Dyson vacuums fell off the back of a lorry as we say here. Next thing people in a local housing estate got brand-new Dyson's. Now, I did know through work a few who bought them it was like mum got one, then the son, daughter etc in the family had one. If I remember they were going for around £50 each compared to the nearly £200? Anyway, next thing all I was hearing was how crap Dyson vacuums are, the belts kept breaking, and it was costing fortune to get new belts to fit them. I thought it was funny how they all thought WOW it's a Dyson then my old vacuum was better.

I know someone who got the one that has all the attachments for your hair. She has long thick hair and said okay it was a gift for her birthday, but it was awful at trying to dry your hair. She had to use her older hairdryer to dry her hair and then use the Dyson to start styling which took longer than just drying it with the hairdryer.

Before I spent several hundred pounds I'd find reviews & after reading this one my money would stay in my account.

"When I first received the Dyson air wrap, I was in love. It was a lovely product and I used it about 3 or 4 times a week for university. My brother is a hairdresser and so he helped me use the dryer correctly from the start. After a few weeks, I noticed that my hair was breaking off and appeared to be weaker all over, even though I had been using the low settings and was being gentle. I used to have hair down to my elbow. I now have a buzz cut all over, thanks to this product. To start with, I didn't know if it was just me so I got my sister to use the air wrap for a few weeks and the same thing happened to her hair too! she started to get breakage all over and got more fly-aways. Honestly, my hair was breaking so badly from using this product and I wish I never bought it - such a waste of my money and now my whole life had changed as I had no choice but to shave my head as it got so wrecked. So disappointed."

I can believe that. I think they mean from when it was very first launched. Also, a good few of those will have been returned, but q don't tell us that.

I have a friend who is a hairdresser and I saw one of these hair dryers in her kitchen. She said she had gotten them to try (through the salon) and said it was no better than anything else she already has.
My hairdresser said the same. She bought the hairdryer first but returned it and then had the Dyson straighteners but returned those as well. She said they were no better than the GHDs she usually used that were half the price.

My hairdresser said the same. She bought the hairdryer first but returned it and then had the Dyson straighteners but returned those as well. She said they were no better than the GHDs she usually used that were half the price.
Isn't it the air wrap that's meant to be great. Ofcourse buying through th e salon= tax deductable

I must admit that I would love to try the Airwrap but would never pay that price.
Besides I have had 3 Dyson vacuum cleaners and the first one was brilliant. It has had a new belt, bin and cable but still works fine.
The second one is the one with the ball on the front but it is so heavy and I find it almost impossible to manoeuvre.
The final one is one of the hand held jobs. Shortly after the guarantee expired it wouldn't hold a charge long enough to clean one room! Youngest Twirlette has had the same problem with hers and when you consider that they are £300-£400 I think that the quality just isn't there and would worry that the hair appliances would be just as short lived.

Latest posts

Back