Feedback

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Can i just throw another suggestion into the pot on the gents rings more specifically the wedding rings they are all set with stones mostly diamonds and they will only size up a couple of sizes max and for my OH and probably loads of other gents its not enough we need designes that will go bigger please

Have thought of something else, I liked to look back at the catalogue and see what price things went for and who won them. That doesn't seem possible with the current catalogue, but I would like to see it return.

John is it possible to mix and match the new and the old format! Have one dropping price auction and two along side as old format - Best of both.

I agree with all of the above suggestions - more item info. like before, especially lengths and dimensions (carat weight isn't conclusive as some gemstones are more dense than others, and often you want to know how it will look, rather than how much it weighs!) It's good to see settings given on all items now. Seeing what's coming up, and seeing what other items went for - this would encourage new people who are browsing the site.

I don't like the falling auction format and would love it to go back to how it was, (though I know that isn't the subject of this thread.) To be fair I think having some of both could be confusing - you wouldn't know which way you were bidding, and it would be a nightmare for the presenters, having to remember which was which. On the other hand, I did love the upwards auctions and so did most other people.

More items in each auction on low-end stuff - higher numbers on these sort of things would give more people a chance to come in at a price they like. A blue topaz/marcasite ring tonight was pulled at £17 (I paid £24 in the old system.) But there was only one in the auction - more items gives more people a chance to decide where they want to come in.

Last edited:
I do understand why you have changed the format to falling price but what made you different from the other channels was the auction format that you were using. Could you not have placed reserves on certain items to stop them going for zilch.
It was fun getting something because you outbid someone and the feeling of triumph.
I would like to see more brooches and not so many repeats of the same items.I love the way Carol and Barry interact with us, it makes me feel part of something and not just a customer so keep that in please.
Just an idea but how about split payments,if you have more expensive items that are perhaps a little dearer and you did a 2 payments scheme you may sell more of them. 1st payment on purchase and second payment via credit or debit card number 30 days later. Qvc do this and it must help some people budget for items that they would not normally buy.Especially with Christmas looming and prezzies being purchased.
Well cannot think of anything else at he moment,and I love the thought of Bazza shorts so don't go changing(LOL):ANYWORD:
Some more 9ct would be nice,love silver but prefer gold.:9:

Diamond girl that sounds like a really good idea the split payment plan i think i would be tempted to go for more of the high end pieces if that was the case.and like you i wish they had put a reserve price on the dearer pieces because i found some of the less expensive stuff is going a few pounds less than with the other format so i think it would safe guard the pricier bling going for less than they want for it. good post by you well done lets hope rocks reads it lol

Hi everyone,

Just had a quick look through and it's great to see that there is plenty more feedback in here. I'm out of the office now until next week (half-term duties!) but will have a detailed read through early next week - I didn't want you to think I'd stopped reading this thread!

Happy Halloween!

John

How about an incentive scheme of some kind to refer people to rocks.tv

If I had a little "reward" for the number of people I've recommended who have become addicted I'd be a very happy fruitloop!

Even if it was only a points accrual scheme, and when you'd reached a certain number of points you could have a discount or ability to choose something for free (even as small as a neck chain to hang a pendant) or free P&P on an order, or something it would be a great incentive for us to get as many people to go to rocks.tv as possible.

I'm happy to recommend without the incentive but it might motivate others.

My only other point has been covered already.....the measurements. I am the other end of the spectrum to a lot of folks here, but my wrists are 8" and my neck needs a minimum of an "18 necklace. My fingers are size p½ to q so I have to have accurate information regarding the ring resizing options. No point even bothering if it isn't going to fit and an expensive pastime if you find out the hard way (i.e. return postage costs after receiving the goods and finding out they don't fit and never will)

Latest posts

Back