Fed Up With TSVs

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
I am getting really cheesed off with the current crop of TSVs.

They are, on average, only £5 or so off their "normal" price, and by the time the postage and packing have been added on, its back up to the "normal" price anyway. Today's SBC is a prime example. Do QVC think we are stupid - the way the presenters gush and 'activate' themselves all over the product you would think they were talking about a 50% reduction ! Some hopes ! The crafting tsv's are among the worst culprits.

I agree the "value" of the TSV is virtually non existant these days , Ive noticed that all they are really doing isa reducing by the cost of the P+P in general , hardly a bargain

not a tsv but i was watching the bare escentuals hour, i cant quite remeber what the actual item was but it was at an anaversary price of £30 normal price £33!!whooopy what a saving there

The postage for one item is normally too high but why then do we still have to pay individual postage for each item. Nearly everywhere else you buy from online etc you have flat rate postage for say up to £30 then £50 etc and after this it is normally free. If you buy say 4 items from qvc together you will be paying £20-£30 + in postage this is ridiculous. (this is if you can find 4 items which are a good deal these days!)

Another thing I find, is if I have to return something, it is NEVER as expensive as the price I paid to receive the thing in the first place. So QVC are making extra profit that way too. Think about it, the cost in p& p both ways can be around a tenner, or more, for what ......... nothing !!!

We may as well give the tenner to charity !

Even catalogue companies have courier pick ups at no charge; and dont even get me started on heavy equipment like the fitness stuff or tvs, the p&p is always in very small print I have noticed. Something like £25-£35 which added onto the cost - especially tsvs, brings it up to normal price again. A real con !

not such goods deal as back in the day when qvc started.
the companies are complacent and think that they can sell anything at any price and some of the products can be bought online cheaper or even in high street shops as kits now. elemis and alpha-h and and philosphy are companies that spring to mind.
even less favourable are the own brands nn being my pet hate
oversold,overhyped and under parr...

QVC rely heavily on the 'convenience' aspect of their shopping experience & the fact that many people simply do not go anywhere else, even when they could get better deals elsewhere!
eBay is much the same, people shop there for the convenience of one-stop shopping & judging by some of the end prices, clearly found it too much effort to google the price elsewhere of the item in question!

Certainly QVC's p&p charges are bordering on the ridiculous & as with eBay, one has to look at the total price & think 'Is this good value?' Some items of course, are & would in fact cost more if bought directly but many (LE being a prime example) are not, yet C&P for example is QVC's biggest seller!
I would quite possibly buy more items from QVC (some great clearance bargains!) if they offered a reasonable combined p&p charge!

I haven't purchased anything from QVC for quite a while now - at least six weeks. I'm not into today's TSV as I still have loads left from the last one, so doesn't appeal to me. It has to be something I really need which really IS good value for money.

The other thing about TSVs from certain brands is that they seem to produce an inferior product to sell in bulk at a price that isn't low enough to reflect the reduction in quality.

If you look at reviews of certain items that have been TSVs there seems to be a lot of comments about the poor quality - e.g Butler and Wilson {one eyed croc ! } and Honora { set of 7 pearl drop earrings }.

The other thing about TSVs from certain brands is that they seem to produce an inferior product to sell in bulk at a price that isn't low enough to reflect the reduction in quality.

Yes, I'm certainly not too happy about that either, I must say! More than a bit of a crafty rip-off, that is! :(

I am getting really cheesed off with the current crop of TSVs.

They are, on average, only £5 or so off their "normal" price, and by the time the postage and packing have been added on, its back up to the "normal" price anyway. Today's SBC is a prime example. Do QVC think we are stupid - the way the presenters gush and 'activate' themselves all over the product you would think they were talking about a 50% reduction ! Some hopes ! The crafting tsv's are among the worst culprits.

I agree on the whole - but sometimes some goodens appear like Laura Gellar[which i bliddy missed]:40:

Totally agree, but the time the postage is added to the TSV, the cost practically matches the so-called original price.

I haven't seen a TSV that makes me swoon for AGES. Smashbox for a while were EXTREMELY good value with mixture of products - but lately it's been so repetitive. Same for LE - loads of minis. I'm a regular purchaser - give me full sizes and I'd buy three in one go!!

Latest posts

Back