• Richard Jackson

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Simon Biagi

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • Will Gowing

Votes: 7 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I like Will. Pleased he is coming third. I voted for Dale thinking with my professional head, but I wish now I had stuck with my first instinct of Will, as I find him a really likeable chap.

I think a good Poll would be Most Bored Of Range ... it would need to be multiple choice tho as I can think of several. Also, Most Bring Back Range.

I'm not sure of the intentions but maybe if they were published on the Facebook page of QVC the results "might" be noticed by whoever their "oh mighty one" is.

Why so rude? if you dont like these polls dont comment, no need to cause trouble is there?

And its not desperate to want new members for Grahams forum is it? perhaps your at the wrong place if you think that.
Perhaps you're trying to bully me
There's nothing wrong with asking why people are being asked to vote for a specific person is there? Unless... Asking questions is regarded as " causing trouble" by domineering control freaks. Just because your choice in the poll Wasnt winning.

Last edited:
Perhaps you're trying to bully me
There's nothing wrong with asking why people are being asked to vote for a specific person is there? Unless... Asking questions is regarded as " causing trouble" by domineering control freaks. Just because your choice in the poll Wasnt winning.

Dale is winning by a country mile so its hardly going to change and i voted for him thanks.

Im not sure what your problem is but please dont cry the bully card. You asked and i gave my reasons for posting.

Why make accusations about trouble making just because you don't think I have the right to ask a question?
if you don't like my posts don't read them.
Why are you so threatened by a simple question that you feel the need to create an argument?

Why make accusations about trouble making just because you don't think I have the right to ask a question?
if you don't like my posts don't read them.
Why are you so threatened by a simple question that you feel the need to create an argument?

Im not arguing

But i get whats happening here :)

Have fun Night

That's not a very nice thing to say.
What is wrong with encouraging more people to join in and make the forum more fun?

I don't see whats the harm in it either. I have found these polls quite entertaining over the last couple of days, have even suggested a few additional topics myself, bit like reminiscing. Surely if more people joined in, it may result in even further suggestions too.

I find these polls fun, I also find them interesting. It shows what QVCs viewers and customers really think about the presenters. Maybe it's just the Debbie Flint fan club crew getting their knickers in a twist because it shows what we've been saying all along is right, that's she's one annoying, hard selling, not very well liked pain in the arse...........oops, too far?! :giggle:

Thanks Autumn for doing these polls it's only a bit of fun,don't know why anyone would try and spoil it.

Vote for Dale (smarmy smile i love this product i have it buy it and help keep me in my castle of a house and fantastic style i live in) Franklin no thanks.

Dale is a proper salesman, he can sell anything. I remember him having to cover for a nails inc show because the presenter who was due on air was stuck in traffic. He'd had no time to prep but he listened carefully to Heather and just went from there, he was able to adapt his sales skills to the product he was selling, which he knew very little about. That's a good salesman.

He's the best by a country mile, when he's presenting I know it's going to be a smooth, easy hour to watch.

Dale is a proper salesman, he can sell anything. I remember him having to cover for a nails inc show because the presenter who was due on air was stuck in traffic. He'd had no time to prep but he listened carefully to Heather and just went from there, he was able to adapt his sales skills to the product he was selling, which he knew very little about. That's a good salesman.

He's the best by a country mile, when he's presenting I know it's going to be a smooth, easy hour to watch.

I remember that show well and agree Dale did a great job.

I remember that show well and agree Dale did a great job.

He did, didn't he? I seem to recall Jill Franks was due to present it. What a relief it was, no gushing over porchester square for the entire hour. Sometimes someone who isn't an avid fan of a product and doesn't have any favourites is a better salesperson as they are unbiased and not interested in telling their own stories about what they've used and what's their favourite, they just present the facts and leave the decision making to you. I think that's why that hour worked so well.

He did, didn't he? I seem to recall Jill Franks was due to present it. What a relief it was, no gushing over porchester square for the entire hour. Sometimes someone who isn't an avid fan of a product and doesn't have any favourites is a better salesperson as they are unbiased and not interested in telling their own stories about what they've used and what's their favourite, they just present the facts and leave the decision making to you. I think that's why that hour worked so well.

It was JF who was "stuck in traffic", yes (for some reason, I remember several details about that show!). I found it a refreshing change to have Dale presenting something like that, even though it must have been some way outside his comfort zone.

I agree! Some of the worst presentations are when someone is a "big fan" of the product or range, and assumes others feel the same way. If you are watching to learn about new products you do need that impartial extraction of information from the guest. Dale is extremely good at this. Even on shows where he does have more expertise, he is still good at doing that. He trumps Julia in doing his job as a generalist salesperson (Julia does get a bit cosy and exclusive on some shows, but is untouchable on giving clothing sizes and fabric composition).

Now - can anybody tell me - do Dale, or Charlie for that matter, ever present Richard Jackson's Garden? I can't remember if I've ever seen them doing a show.

I hardly ever see Dale presenting anything. Anyone know what else he does for a living? Just out of interest.

Exactly i have lots of ideas, but ill see how these two go first and then if anyone has any suggestions let me know and ill happily post them :)

I love these polls too! Some of the results are quite surprising. Although I'm not surprised nobody voted for raspy old gnome Richard Jackson!

I hardly ever see Dale presenting anything. Anyone know what else he does for a living? Just out of interest.

I found this on t'internet about him, which I think implies he doesn't do much else:

Despite this background, Dale started out as a sales and marketing consultant in property. However, it wasn't long before he gave in to his real love and started a career in broadcasting. Dale interviewed many celebrities for local radio, worked at the National Film & Television School and, in 1998, ended up here at QVC!

Dale enjoys a hectic and happy home life and his wide-ranging interests include DIY, gardening and TV - so QVC's diverse range of programming suits him down to the ground.

Also:

Dale Franklin comes from a real showbiz family - his mum, Pat, was one of TV's Wrigley's Doublemint twins and his step-father, Derek Franklin, was a radio star.

I like Dale but had to laugh at the bit about his Mum - not really "A-list" that, is it?!

Latest posts

Back