Fashion query

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Dipper

Registered Shopper
Hi there, I am in need of some fashion advice and you guys are always helpful and more importantly honest so I've come to you as Gok is unavailable. In a bid to add colour to my wardrobe I've bought some casual to smart shoes in a glossy red/claret colour. I usually stick to browns or blacks but decided I needed to liven up in the shoe department. The thing is what hosiery do i wear with them? Strange question I know but i was going to just wear black opaque with them (I'll be wearing black trousers) but I'm not sure if that's a fashion no no. I've been bland for so long i just know people are going to comment so I'd like to get it right when they get their first outing.

:thinking2:

Depends very much on your age! Grey or some nice lacey tights would be good and more conservative but if your young do for clashing - purple, cerise etc

I love black opaques, they look good with most things but it's fun to go funky!!:heart:

I am the queen of the Black Opaques cos I have rubbish legs and I refuse to believe that they could ever be wrong - except perhaps in a heat wave. :D

With trousers though, it's safe (and fun :grin:) to try out a peek of knee high in colours and patterns that would frighten the horses if forcibly stretched over my rugby players thighs, baggy knees, hefty calves and cankles. :eek: Boots have a nice selection - as do Marks. (and Primark!) It's the only way for someone with legs like mine to get a fishnet fix! They don't cost much either so they are a cheap way to play!

I always think it's a nice easy wearable way of livening up an otherwise dull outfit. Sometimes I try and add in an accessory on the same colour elsewhere such as Grey patterned knee highs & Grey slim belt or Cobalt blue knee highs/ Cobalt blue costume pendant but if a combo doesn't immediately occur to me I don't stress about it. Maybe there's a colour on your planned top half that you could pick out in knee highs / tights?

I think the only rule about knee highs is that it's a bit of a risk to wear them with a skirt!

I was always told that for a co-ordinated look,
tights should be the same colour as the shoes-particularly if the shoes are not black.

Thank you all for the great responses, I think I will experiment a bit and it is a great excuse to do a bit more shopping. I may even get some argyle socks Mrs James!! Thank you also for the hosiery web sites, there is definitely some inspiration there for me. Incidentally, the shoes I bought are on QVC but I didn't get them from there, item no. 145568, in claret, they are incredibly comfortable as well.
Thank you all again.

Latest posts

Back