Fashion by Together

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

historymystery

Registered Shopper
Here we go again....tonight we had..... "and which colour is the Bordeaux?", followed by a quick flicking through the rail of items (in this case, long-length cardigan tops), obviously hoping that one of the cardigans would jump out at them and shout "Here I am!". The female guest presenter said that they shouldn't be referred to as cardigans, as they were really jackets. Hmmm... well, when they did a close-up shot of the navy-blue one, it looked to me as though it was bobbly already, and had picked up hair or fibres on the surface as well. She was then waffling about each colour being named for a different wine region, which is great in theory, but in practice gives you zilch idea as to which colour matches which description.

Lola Rose scarves were the same neither MeCharlie nor Nicki could match them with the graphics but to be honest on camera at least, all 3 colours looked the same to me.

Lola Rose scarves were the same neither MeCharlie nor Nicki could match them with the graphics but to be honest on camera at least, all 3 colours looked the same to me.

There's always plenty of "What are we calling this?" on the Lola Rose shows. Nikki knows all the stones (as you'd hope, lol!), but QVC insist on altering their names, which - to the newcomer - makes Nikki look like she doesn't know her own products! When pieces are made of a variety of stones, QVC obviously then have to name each mix, which further adds to the confusion, and there are a lot of colour ways to get through on Lola Rose hours. As a rule, though, I can never understand why the presenter and guest can't run through the items before they're live on air, so they're both clear on what they're calling what. They must waste so much potential selling time trying to work out the colours, and you'd think - on the live show, at least - that they'd want to give the illusion of being a bit slick and professional.

It's all the tinkering with what the brand calls a colour that causes the chaos. QVC's system which essentially manages the warehouse, and dictates what is on screen on the telly and on our apps and pcs is just not up to the job.

Life would be much more straightforward if they stay as close as possible to what the brand themselves name things (they can make an exception for Jay Manuel's racy names for its lip and maybe cheek colours).

Or at the very least put a tag on them with the graphic colour written on it. It only makes things worse when they start this " and what are we calling this" malarkey .

Pick up the green and red and the label says "midnight jewels" the presenter would just say "this colour way with the lively dark green and red is midnight jewels" instead of "midnight jewels would be the dark orange one, oh no, it's the baby pink, oh no, what are we all calling the green and red one" making everyone look a tit and the viewer p'd off.

It's all the tinkering with what the brand calls a colour that causes the chaos. QVC's system which essentially manages the warehouse, and dictates what is on screen on the telly and on our apps and pcs is just not up to the job.

Life would be much more straightforward if they stay as close as possible to what the brand themselves name things (they can make an exception for Jay Manuel's racy names for its lip and maybe cheek colours).

I have come to the conclusion that QVC only employ people who are colour blind!!! What shall we call this? well, it says red but looks blue to me so shall we will call it purple...

Latest posts

Back