Expect LE Price Increase

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

BurlyBeaR

Registered Shopper
Avon getting greedy?

image.jpg

I just posted something similar in another thread. What with the price hike and the changing formulations,I fear the slippery slope.
I notice they said a "slight" price rise. Mmm we'll see what their idea of slight is.

It also says that muslin cloths aren't included in the triple set! I thought LE always included a muslin previously.
Yes they always include the muslim cloths, i think things are a changing here. Price hike and no cloths :(

Liz Earle have regularly hiked their prices. Last year I had a postcard encouraging me to buy before the price rises hit. I don't know if they're across the board but sadly its nothing new for Liz Earle.

I think they're changing too and not for the better.
They're bound to change methinks. Avon will take over the range more now that Liz is only there 25 days a year. A lot of people still don't know Avon own the range and Liz has gone, its been kept low key i think. I wouldn't have known except for this forum.

I stock piled the shampoo as i love it for my hair, and will get some more when i get paid :)

They're bound to change methinks. Avon will take over the range more now that Liz is only there 25 days a year. A lot of people still don't know Avon own the range and Liz has gone, its been kept low key i think. I wouldn't have known except for this forum.

I stock piled the shampoo as i love it for my hair, and will get some more when i get paid :)

Its one of the few ranges that doesn't irritate my skin and i'll be mightily p****d off if they start tweaking with the C&P (again) or the moisturiser.

funnily enough i'm not a fan of the shampoo but i love the conditioner

Last edited:
Just being pedantic here but watching a liz earle show yesterday the guest was extolling the virtues of C&P and saying the muslin cloth was the "polish" and was critical to the cleansing routine of cleansing and then polish etc. So, if you purchase C&P you should get a cloth surely!!

Its a pity Liz Earle herself decided to lose her morals and sell out of course this was after receiving her MBE and making millions.

Its a pity Liz Earle herself decided to lose her morals and sell out of course this was after receiving her MBE and making millions.
I can see where you're coming from Oliver, but would we all not do it if we had the chance ??? . Nearly all the companies sell out when they become well known, to more popular beauty brands

I'm not sure how selling her business is anything to do with a loss of morals. A gain in the wallet definitely but if she wanted rid of the business she had to sell it to someone.

I'm not sure how selling her business is anything to do with a loss of morals. A gain in the wallet definitely but if she wanted rid of the business she had to sell it to someone.

She sold out to a company that test on animals, the reason many people started using the liz earle range coz it wasnt tested on animals, how long before this range will start testing on animals especially now many of the formulations are changing.

I never bought into all the hysteria about her selling to Avon. Its her business who she sells too and ours whether we continue to buy or not.

I think it's inevitable these products will change without LE or her team at the helm - it was her baby and her reputation so it wasn't in her best interest to meddle too much with the original formula - but I just don't relish the prospect of starting again on the quest to find something that suits my skin.

Liz Earle, as a brand, doesn't test on animals. There's no reason to believe that the brand ever will. The parent company does.

I might argue that we're taking ethics and not morals but that would be splitting hairs. She and Kim sold their business lock, stock and barrel because they wanted to. We will probably never know why. We also have no idea what caveats were put in place to protect the brand.

Its one of the few ranges that doesn't irritate my skin and i'll be mightily p****d off if they start tweaking with the C&P (again) or the moisturiser.

funnily enough i'm not a fan of the shampoo but i love the conditioner

LE Lover,
in case you are interested, i have Liz Earle's first Vital Oils book from the early nineties, before she started the company
it has many recipes in the back incl 3 Hot Oil Cleansers - the newer edition about 10 years later New Vital Oils does not have recipes, as she obviously had her products to sell by then, rather then giving away the info for us to have a go ourselves
i have learned a lot of things from her books about oils before i ever heard of QVC or her products
just mentioning this, should you in future be interested to try the LE DIY route if you are not getting on with new formulations etc .....

LE Lover,
in case you are interested, i have Liz Earle's first Vital Oils book from the early nineties, before she started the company
it has many recipes in the back incl 3 Hot Oil Cleansers - the newer edition about 10 years later New Vital Oils does not have recipes, as she obviously had her products to sell by then, rather then giving away the info for us to have a go ourselves
i have learned a lot of things from her books about oils before i ever heard of QVC or her products
just mentioning this, should you in future be interested to try the LE DIY route if you are not getting on with new formulations etc .....

Thanks, that sounds good ,i might take a look if they start faffing around with it too much.

Latest posts

Back